Medal Wars : The First One (Canceled)
Medal Wars : The First One (Canceled)
Medal Wars is a goofball WW1 shooter featuring a unique targetting system set in an insane cartoon world.
Medal Wars is a goofball WW1 shooter featuring a unique targetting system set in an insane cartoon world. Read more
About this project
PLAY MEDAL WARS : TFO DEMO v1.0!
- Windows: Download (51.MB)
- Mac : Stretch goal!
- Linux : Stretch goal!
Note : As much as I'd love to implement all these goals, it's very much dependent on resources as I'd need to hire linux and mac coders for the ports and for multiplayer. Regardless I'll try my very best to get them in the final product for you guys anyway, independent of funding.
- £12,000 - Extended Sountrack - Adds a further ten songs to the game, I'd like to hire Kevin Green again to do this, as a special thanks for his dedication.
- £14,000 - Linux Version - Port for Linux, with a penguin character exclusive to this version.
- £16,000 - Playable Character - The sniper makes a welcome return to the game, comes with new cutscenes, dialog and ending.
- £18,000 - Mac Version - Port for Mac.
- £20,000 - Local Co-op - Play with a friend cooperatively across a LAN.
- £25,000 - Zombie Mode - An Arena like mode, with waves of zombies to blast into little zombie pieces.
- £30,000 - Language translations - Professional translations into Spanish, German and French.
- £50,000 - Multiplayer - Play the game online with your comrades!
What is Medal Wars : The First One?
Taking inspiration from the old classics Medal Wars sets out to create a bonkers 2D shoot-fest with it's unique targetting system ( You can perform headshots & footshots!), and to immerse the player in a world chock full of insane characters!
Taking the role of a fresh recruit, It's down to you and your madman partner 'Buddy' to save the inept Green Army from total destruction. After the invasion of Pebble Beach the Black Army seem unstoppable, with more tricks up their sleeves than Houdini, you'll need to use your head as well as your trigger finger if you're to become the greatest soldier ever!
- Perform headshots and footshots with the targetting system.
- Unique Onscreen Inventory.
- 16 Challenging missions to cut your teeth on.
- Easy to pick up and play.
- Small download and works on older Pc's.
- Battle Huge bosses & mini-bosses.
- Level-up your character aswell as your buddy.
- Varied missions such as escort, defend and shooting galleries.
- Fully upgradable weapons, including capacity, fire rate, and fire power.
- Collectible furniture items for decorating your tent.
- Mini-games including Black Jack & clay pigeon shooting.
That's a a good question... and my honest answer is that players have requested certain things, such as translations and linux support, aswell as extra content. There's no way I can implement these ideas without further support at the moment, hence Kickstarter. I don't get paid a wage, and I've already put all my life savings into making this game, Because it is a labour of love and I want to make the best game possible for you guys, the players.
My other motivation is so the fans of the game can now get more involved in the development if they want to. You can now shape the future of Medal Wars through the beta testing, have yourself ingame as an NPC and even be on the credits!
I think that's the power of Kickstarter, and as far as Retro Army goes, we make games for you the player! That's our philosophy, and that's our moral duty.
"Hi guys! Who am I? Well I've worked in the industry for 14 years now, on triple-A games down to bargain bucket games...it's been some ride believe me. I've been obsessed since I was eight years old with creating a company that listens to and serves it's players and employees. A company that stands by integrity and honesty. Making Medal Wars for me is the first step towards that dream"
Thank you and follow our progress
Risks and challenges
After four years of hard work and my own life savings on this game the risks are alot slimmer for you! The game is currently 90% finished and I just need to make that extra push to get it done in a really great polished state.
There's alot of people wanting to work on this project, and I want to allow them that opportunity. But it is up to you guys... and like I said we're here to serve your needs, it's really about what you want. The game will be coming out and it will be amazing! The feedback on the current version on IndieDB and Steam Greenlight has been simply awesome, but it's going to take that little extra push...to make Medal Wars into something truly classic!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)