A plant-based diet is kind to your body, to animals, and to the environment. But from time to time, it can leave you feeling dessert-deprived. Sure, fruit is nature's candy, but sometimes you just want to sink your teeth into something indulgent. Many vegan desserts either require hard-to-find ingredients or taste like a compromise.
Kind Sugar to the rescue! We're making vegan cake mixes and frostings so you always have sweet comfort food at the ready. Kind Sugar desserts:
- Are made with just a few simple, quality ingredients
- Take about 5 minutes to make and 30 to bake
- Are vegan, all natural, dairy free, and kosher
Whip up a batch of cakes and cupcakes to savor on your own, delight your loved ones, bring homemade desserts to work, or surprise your neighbors.
We're Tania and Ally - the founders of Kind Sugar. We were neighbors for years but only met when our dogs became friends. One day, Ally gave Tania leftover vegan cake she baked for a wedding. Tania fell in love with the cake and proceeded to eat it for dinner. That night, the idea for Kind Sugar was born.
One mouthwatering crumb at a time, we want to make it easier for people to make the kind choice. We aim to make sweet treats so delicious that even omnivores will ask for seconds. Once Kind Sugar is up and running, we will donate 10% of annual profits to sanctuaries that care for rescued factory farm animals.
The Game Plan:
To make Kind Sugar a reality, we need to send our recipes to a mixing facility and print our packaging.
- $6,000: If we raise $6,000, we'll be able to produce our decadent chocolate cake mix and frosting. Use this mix to bake cakes, cupcakes, and brownies.
- $10,000: If we raise $10,000 we'll also be able to make vanilla cake mix and frosting. With this mix, you can make traditional vanilla cake or use it as a base for marble cake, strawberry shortcake, carrot cake, rum cake, banana loaf, peach crunch and more.
If you think the world needs more kindness or just more really (really) good dessert, please help us make this sweet dream a reality!
Risks and challenges
It is possible that we may experience shipping delays that are outside of our control, but we will do everything in our power to get your dessert to you on time.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)