"Mer-Maid" is a captivating, new version of the long loved card game Old Maid with clever under the sea twists. Created with our 6 little Mer-Maids and 1 pesky pirate in mind we 2 moms, founders of PlaytoGive.org, have created our first game we knew our little sea creatures would love. We have preserved the classic matching feature of Old Maid but have added our own splash to it.
PLAYING THE GAME
- All cards are placed face down in a pile
- Starting with the youngest player, each player draws one card at a time hoping to match a Mer-Maid with her lost treasure
- As Mer-Maids and treasure chests cards are collected, cards are placed face up in front of the player which provides quick recognition of colors
- When a color match is found, set the cards aside
- If the pirate card is drawn the player must take all the jewel cards they have not found a Mer-Maid for and place them back in the pile along with the pirate
- If the fisherman card is drawn all the Mer-Maids who haven't found their lost treasure are thrown back into the pile with the Fisherman
- The first player to get 5 matches wins the game
Appropriate for kids ages 4 and up.
- Deck contains 52 cards total
- 25 cards of different colored Mer-Maids
- 25 cards of treasure chests full of jewels that match the Mer-Maids
- 1 Pirate card
- 1 Fisherman card
Mer-Maid Tail Blanket
Risks and challenges
Well, we do live on an island in the middle of the ocean and if it just so happens that a hurricane hits us and wipes out the island, that may complicate things.
However, we have a fantastic manufacturer that we are excited to be working with and we are very confident in their work, therefore we do not see any complications with the manufacturing process. A down side of living on this amazing island is that at times things can take longer than anticipated due to the limited control we have with shipping companies. In our opinion our biggest potential obstacle we foresee is being able to ship our products to you on time, but it is our goal to make sure this doesn't become a problem.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (40 days)