35% of our Goal Reached and Visual Effects!
Hello everyone! In this update we want to show you how making the special effects of Between the Stars has worked.
- The shield system on your ship creates a second invisible animated layer over the hull. This layer detects the impact zone of different projectiles and it becomes visible over the affected area.
- The thruster effect is formed by an emissive material with a particle system which generates the heat distortion wave. Each engine can vary the intensity and color of the emission to simulate damages.
- Fire is comprised of four particle systems layers. Two of them are in charge of the animation of two types of flame. One being the large ones and the other the small ones that are emitted from the origin of the fire. The two layers left are a spark system emitted from the flames and a distortion layer to simulate thermal distortion.
- The laser beam effect is obtained by using a line renderer and a particle emitter that simulates a thermal distortion.
- The explosion systems are generated by way of a particle system that reproduces the animation on a sprite sheet. These systems are categorized and instanced by the situation as it’s required.
Other Amazing Games
Encased — old-school isometric tactical turn-based RPG inspired by original Fallout and classic sci-fi novel Roadside Picnic.
Encased is for everyone who loves post-apocalyptic worlds, deep and nonlinear story, open world exploration, dynamic tactical combat, and random encounters. Encased is 55% funded, please help us to make it happen.
Check out their Kickstarter gameplay teaser!