Unmasked is an app which helps and educates you to understand what is actually in our everyday beauty products. Chemicals such as Sodium Laureth Sulfate or Cocamidopropyl Betaine are a few of the ingredients you see in your products; how many of us really knows what they are and what they do? Our aim is to translate these scientific terms into a simpler terms. So, next time you pick up your favourite beauty products, you will now know what is really inside!
● Able to filter by your allergies and preferences such as chemical free, vegan, cruelty-free and palm oil free.
● Scan products and get the information you need in seconds. It shows you if these ingredients are good or bad for your health and if they will irritate you depending on your profile. Also if they comply with your ethics.
● Giving an alternative to the product you've scanned if it is not right for you.
● Can zoom into small ingredient lists to help with things clearer.
● You will be able to add your own products if they are not on the system.
On average women apply 168 chemicals to their bodies every day*, but how do we find out if these chemicals are good or bad for us? unmaskED is your everyday tool by your side that enables you to know these differences, have a clean conscious, and most importantly educate you on what is the real content of your products.
There is nothing like this out in the market, we all feel passionate about creating change. This is the app we have always wanted to use, and finally, we are able to make this happen!
Do you really need another app? One hundred percent yes because Unmasked is not selling you anything, our honest aim of Unmasked is to create a community of people who care about themselves, what goes on their bodies and finally the environment. Our goal is to create a tool for you that is user-friendly and is your clean conscious app. Unmasked is here to show the reality of the consumer society. Now with all products being mass produced, it is time for the consumers to take back control.
● Unmasked aim is to grow beyond just an app.
● Create a community.
● Where we take care of ourselves, others and our environment.
● You are the pioneer of this community.
Risks and challenges
The main risks and challenges associated with this project are that we are currently still in the beta testing phases, we are still trialing the app building and still figuring out the right process.
One of the more challenging processes of the configuration of the app is to create an open source database of all the products across the market in the world, we are hoping and count that it will be a community generate one.
Learn about accountability on Kickstarter