We have created a hands-free pump bra so comfortable, you can wear it to work in, exercise in, breastfeed in, and even sleep in, during pregnancy through breastfeeding and beyond!
The Anywhere Bra by Ollie Gray is the first combination maternity, breastfeeding, and pumping bra that perfectly marries style, function and comfort–resulting in a maternity/nursing/pumping bra unlike anything else on the market.
Designed by a former lululemon designer, The Anywhere Bra can be worn day or night, even while working out.
Innovative features make it easy to nurse or pump directly from the bra, eliminating the need to buy multiple bras or face awkward changing situations. The bra is secure, designed to work with any pump on the market, and offers an added level of freedom by simplifying life for busy moms.
We have introduced a number of features all in one bra to accommodate a woman’s needs during pregnancy and throughout breastfeeding. And with the help of our designer, formerly of lululemon, we believe it’s so comfortable it could stay in your wardrobe even after you’ve stopped breastfeeding.
So, my husband and I decided to make one. All that was left was finding the perfect partner, and we found the perfect designer to partner with: Cara.
Cara Sumpton is a visionary designer. She worked for many years as a designer at lululemon, so she knew how to make clothes comfortable, functional, and cute.
We think the Ollie Gray bra is the only bra a new mom will need — all the way from pregnancy through breastfeeding. It’s even comfortable enough that it may just stay in your rotation forever.
We’ve already tested the bra with over 30 moms, and have been through multiple prototypes. We’re almost ready to bring these to moms everywhere, and we just need a little help from you. We’re looking to raise $10,000 to help fund our final production run. Please help us make this dream come true for thousands of busy moms.
We know more than a few moms will love you for it!
Risks and challenges
1. As we starting sourcing production providers in both the United States and Canada we quickly found that many providers were not equipped to take on the complexity of the bra. With various layers of fabrics and with the bra serving multiple functions, we found that production facilities wanted pre construction commitment before assisting. Eventually it simply made sense to source the project outside the United States. With Cara Sumpton's international experience, we already had a good grasp on natural fits.
2. Prototype production: Having produced more than a dozen prototypes, finding production facilities that were as fanatical as we are about creating the perfect bra was hard. Every stitch, every opening, even the Ollie Gray engraved clasps, had to be perfect - Moms deserve the best and some facilities more than others shared in our beliefs.
3. Production Lead Times: Every change, enhancement, or modification made to the bra is followed by an additional month to turn around said changes. God forbid a modification is missed, add another month to the next round of production...Make a list and triple check it!
4. Risks: As we moved into heavy development of The Anywhere Bra, we quickly realized it would be hard to be everything to everybody. Our bras are special, and eventually we would like to offer endless sizes for every beautiful mom out there. At this time, we offer XS-XXL. You have to crawl before you walk, right? See sizing chart for reference.
5. We like end to every meeting asking ourselves - "have we made the nursing bra cool?" - a mark we feel competitors miss. While this has been a focus, we have to make sure it's not only fashionable, but functionally superior to competitors. We think we have found the perfect blend of fashion and function, but realize tastes vary.
6. Patent/Trademarks – our bra is patent pending and 'The Anywhere Bra' is pending trademark.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)