Thank You (so very, very much) and What’s Next
We did it!
We ended the Kickstarter at 140% funded! This exceeded my expectations and make me so very, very happy. So…..
Well, first and foremost, my main responsibility is to honor my commitment and get the book printed and shipped to be in your hands by July. So far we are on schedule with no hiccups looming. And, when the time comes, I’ll be sending a survey to confirm your shipping address.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
Where do I begin? So many people have helped me throughout this endeavor. I have been honored by everyone’s support and love. Truly. Everybody has been incredible. But, here are a few that come to mind immediately:
- Hunter Vargas – daughter, ass-kicker and project manager
- John and Dylan Vargas – hubby and son for their ongoing enthusiasm and patience
- Once-Future Office – book designers
- Viscul Creative – videographers
- Emily Potts – editor
- Victoria Brown – proofreader
- Hyperakt, The Heads of State, ink + mortar, Intend Creative, Viscul Creative and Open – clients that provided their voice and time to my videos
- Jeff Burroughs of Code83 - website design/development
- FunctionFox, RGD and various local AIGA chapters – for sharing the project with their followers/membership
- Julia Lewis, Dominique Costanzo and Dante Massi – ex-students and asset creators
- James Victore, Louise Fili and Matteo Bologna – for providing quotes on my Kickstarter page
- Emily Engle and Core77 – for featuring one of my chapters in a 3-part series
- Noel Tocci - Mohawk Paper, for his professional support
- My clients – for their enthusiastic support for this project
- And, by far, mostly to you all – my generous (and super nice) funders and supporters
I’m also organizing my book tour and reaching out to press for coverage. So far, my spring book tour includes:
- April 24 – Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA), Baltimore, MD (for students only)
- April 3 – HOW Design Live, Boston, MA
- May 3 – Tyler School of Art, Philadelphia, PA (for students only)
- May 8 – AIGA/DC chapter, Washington DC
- May 16 – Graphic Artists Guild, webinar
- May 17 – AIGA/Upstate NY Chapter, Albany, NY
- June 8 – Creative Roundtable, video chat
- June 13 – AIGA/San Diego chapter, San Diego, CA
- June 14 – AIGA/Orange County chapter, Costa Mesa, CA
Once the book is ready and printed, I’ve also booked:
- September 27 – SONO Space, South Norwalk, CT
- October 24-25 – RGD Design Thinkers, Toronto, Canada
Your (Ongoing) Help
If you have any connections with press, podcasts, bookstores, design schools and local design/creative groups, please introduce us and share your enthusiasm for my book.
I’ll be actively pursuing press or podcasts that may be interested in hearing my industry insights, talking about the book, or just want to chat. I also will be reaching out to local bookstores to sell my book and potentially host a book-signing. And, lastly, lining up more speaking engagements and book signings.
If you or your friends would like to pre-order additional copies of my book, you can do so on my website.