Fantasy Football meets browser-based gaming. Manage your players & franchise to compete online against friends. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on May 8, 2012.
About this project
Thank you for taking the time to visit the official Touchdown Wars Kickstarter page. This is your chance to be part of the Touchdown Wars project.
Do you enjoy Fantasy Football?
There are currently 32 million active Fantasy Football players.
Do you play social multiplayer games like Mafia Wars?
There are 8 million active Mafia Wars players.
What is Touchdown Wars?
Touchdown Wars is a Massive Multiplayer Online Fantasy Football Game. It is a Free-2-Play browser-based game (no CD required, just internet access and a computer or mobile device).
Touchdown Wars will allow you to create and customize football players, teams, and leagues. You will be able to add custom equipment, training, and other upgrades to your players and teams before competing against friends and enemies online.
- Strategic Play: Fully manage the progression of your football player’s career. Act as owner and GM of your franchise by signing players, hiring a coaching staff, and building a stadium. Compete against other teams in virtual leagues and seasons.
- Stat Tracking: Full statistic simulation based on team composition, coaching strategy, player skill level, and other outside influencers (such as home field, weather, etc). Games are simulated on a daily basis in accordance to the league schedule with real statistics being produced on a per-player and per-team basis.
- Awards: Players and teams earn awards throughout the season just like the real thing. A Superbowl champion is crowned, offensive & defensive MVPs are selected, and team specific awards as chosen by the owner/GM (Captains, Most-improved, etc).
- Achievements: End-users also earn game related achievements as they play the game. This could be as simple as logging in for 2 weeks straight, going undefeated in a season, winning multiple championships in a row (becoming a dynasty), or even spending excessive money on luxury stadium items.
- Custom Players and Profiles: Pre-built “computer” football players will be available to be used on teams. However, users will also be able to create their own unique players with unique statistics and qualities. Those players can then be signed to another user-based or computer-based team to perform in a virtual league. One of the responsibilities of the user is to manage the career of their player by controlling their training or “practice” each day. The skill improvements earned is specific to the type of training the user chooses.
- Custom Teams: While there will be computer run teams in some leagues, users are also able to create and manage their own team/franchise. The user chooses their team name, logo, city, and other miscellaneous details and is responsible for managing the team throughout the season and off-season. Managing the team consists of signing players, hiring a coaching staff, and customizing their stadium.
- Custom Trainings and Equipment: Players and teams can improve in multiple ways. Players can upgrade their skills through their own training (managed by the creator of the player) and through their teams daily practice (managed by the owner/GM of the team). Players can also be equipped with skill-modifying equipment such as gloves, helmets, cleats, etc. Teams also gain advantages based on the quality of coaching staff they have hired and stadium facilities that have been built.
We are still working on the site designs, but here is an example of the log-in page for Touchdown Wars.
Touchdown Wars Webpage
Here is the graphic design for the site itself. Touchdown Wars will be playable from this interface. The following is the main page when you first log in. This example is what a user will see if they haven't created any teams or players yet.
And now for the "Create a Player" page.
Roster Management Page
From here, Touchdown Wars players will be able to review their roster and make changes to the overall depth charts. Changes can be made by selecting the position that you want to change and then simply left-clicking and hold on the #2 QB and dragging him over the #1 QB, then releasing the left-click. This will swap the players.
Player attributes will be displayed across the right portion of the screen. For quarterbacks, these attributes will include Stamina (STMA), Speed (SPD), Agility (AGL), Rushing (RSHNG), Break Tackles (BRKTKL), Awareness (AWR), Throwing Power (TP), Throwing Accuracy (TA), Injury (INJ), and Leadership (LDR).
Dynamic Game Strategy
Touchdown Wars allows the Coach/GM to tweak their game plan whenever they like. This user controllable strategy allows the end-user to specify how they want their team to play offense and defense in the upcoming game. Below is a snapshot of the in-game strategy page.
The end user starts by choosing a general game plan. In this example, the user has chosen to use the shotgun formation. This formation automatically creates an attack plan based on that formation. This includes things like how much to run, how much to pass, who should get the passes/runs, and finally how aggressive or conservative to play. These settings can then be altered manually by the user to their liking.
Sample In-Game Art
Build/Upgrade Your Stadium for Improved Home Field Advantage!
This stadium is just one of twenty stadiums that will be available at release. Each stadium will have different advantages for franchise owners.
Creators of Touchdown Wars
Touchdown Wars will be Rival Studios first video game release. However, combined, we have created more than 15 video games.
- Steve Skura
Steve has become an Expert at Marketing and leading successful project teams.
- Josh Lombard
Josh is an Expert Network Engineer, and provides the needed experience for crafting such a massive multi-player game as Touchdown Wars.
- Andi Ireland
20 years of successful video game programming experience. Some of Andi’s notable projects were Anarchy Online, Elements of Destruction, Sponge Bob, Zombie Wrangler, and Nuclear Dawn.
Use Of Funds
All donations will be used for building our game and the necessary infrastructure for a browser-based game of this size. The initial requirements for going into production are fairly small, but we are planning to scale as the popularity grows.
Here is a list of what the funding is planned for at a high level:
- Graphic Designers
- Additional Developers
- Infrastructure Build-out
- Other Production Costs
Any additional funding received beyond our goal will be used for the following:
- Additional In-Game content
- Infrastructure Scaling
- Game Client for Mobile Devices (iOS, Android, etc)
When you contribute on Kickstarter, you will gain access to our closed beta game, and our closed beta community updates. Your feedback will directly influence the game that Touchdown Wars finally becomes. We greatly value your input and plan to leverage it in the creation of Touchdown Wars. This feedback will ensure that the final game exceeds your expectations.
Donors will receive a series of rewards based on their level of contribution.
$5 donation receives a personal Thank You from Rival Studios and $10 worth of Touchdown Wars game money (Fan Bucks).
$10 donation receives $20 worth of Touchdown Wars game money (Fan Bucks) and your name in the credits as a donor for this project.
$20 donation receives (All of the Above) Plus $40 worth of Touchdown Wars game money (Fan Bucks), one Kickstarter Exclusive in-game item, and full access into our closed beta.
$30 donation receives (All of the Above) Plus $60 worth of Touchdown Wars game money and a limited edition Touchdown Wars t-shirt.
$50 donation receives (All of the Above) Plus $100 worth of Touchdown Wars game money (Fan Bucks), 3 kickstarter exclusive in-game items, full access to our Touchdown Wars community updates, and a Touchdown Wars Coffee Mug.
$75 donation receives (All of the Above) Plus $150 worth of Touchdown Wars game money (Fan Bucks), name 3 unique Touchdown Wars computer players, select their position, and allocate attributes to create a superstar for your team!
$100 donation receives (All of the Above) Plus $200 worth of Touchdown Wars game money (Fan Bucks), your name in the credits as an official Bronze level sponsor for the Touchdown Wars project, a Limited Edition Touchdown Wars T-Shirt, you get to add 1 city choice for teams to select in Touchdown Wars, and you get to work with our graphic artist to create 1 player profile character for the Touchdown Wars game.
$250 donation receives (All of the Above) Plus $500 worth of Touchdown Wars game money (Fan Bucks), your name in the credits as an official Silver level sponsor of the Touchdown Wars project, one Limited Edition 24"x36" Touchdown Wars poster, you get to add 3 city choices for teams to select in Touchdown Wars, and you get to work with our graphic artist to create one coach profile character and attributes for the Touchdown Wars game.
$500 donation receives (All of the Above) Plus $1000 worth of Touchdown Wars game money (Fan Bucks), your name in the credits as an official Gold level sponsor of the Touchdown Wars project, one of each Touchdown Wars game apparel, items, and accessories, you get to create your own custom stadium with our graphic artist to be used in the official Touchdown Wars game, you get to work with our graphic artist to create 3 team logos for users to choose as their official team logo in Touchdown Wars, and access to game progress updates from the CEO.
$1000 donation receives (All of the Above) Plus your name in the credits as a Platinum level sponsor of the Touchdown Wars project, you get to create 5 in-game purchase items with our graphic artist that will be sold in the game store for Touchdown Wars, a copy of our digital soundtrack, and you can add 10 city choices for Touchdown Wars teams to select.
$2500 donation receives (All of the Above) Plus your name listed in the credits as an Executive Producer of Touchdown Wars. This will provide you with behind the scenes access to our development process and regular meetings with our entire project team via Skype.
-Custom Rival Studios & Touchdown Wars Coffee Mugs-
-Limited Edition T-Shirts-
-Custom Touchdown Wars Posters (24”x36”)-
In Game Rewards
Additional In-Game Rewards are available such as:
- Help design a custom in-game coach profile
- Create a unique piece of in-game gear named after you
- Customize a special in-game character image for users to choose
- Choose a custom stadium design based on the real life stadium of your favorite college or professional football team
THANK YOU EVERYONE from the Rival Studios team for all of your interest and support!!
Touchdown Wars will have a closed beta available in the Summer 2012. We expect to move to open beta within a month after closed beta, and then our official launch of Touchdown Wars a month after open beta.
No. The revenue for Touchdown Wars is going to come from in-game purchases and there will not be any advertisements.
"All of the above" (in reference to rewards) includes all previous items, except for the previous allotted "Fan Bucks". For example, if you donate $50, you will receive the reward items for $5, $10, $20, and $30 as well (except for the previous allotted "Fan Bucks").
Access will only be provided to reward levels of $20 or greater. The closed beta launch is planned for summer 2012.
- (45 days)