Firelight is a new card-based role-playing game for 2-4 players that takes place in a colorful and action-packed fantasy world!
Whether you're a longtime role-player or just curious about fantasy RPGs, Firelight provides you the tools to tell complete, 5-act stories with only 5 minutes of setup time. Each session is designed to be completed in a single 60-100 minute sitting, consisting of character creation and the telling of one complete story.
What's in the Box?
With each copy of Firelight, you'll receive:
- 20 JUMBO (3.75"x5.5") Quest cards
- 8 Adventurer cards
- 35 Personality cards
- 40 Enemy cards
- 60 Treasure cards
- 1 six-sided die
- 1 16-page rulebook
In addition to Firelight's in-box content, you will unlock access to complete PDF maps for all 20 Quests, available on HobbyHorse Games' website at launch.
LISTEN TO FIRELIGHT ON ONE SHOT!
**All Add-Ons will ship with your copy of the final game for backers at the Adventurer level and above**
When HobbyHorse Games began development on Firelight, the goal was always to create a community-driven game that will grow and evolve with the feedback of the fans. As a method of speaking directly with buyers, you can hardly beat Kickstarter and its robust tabletop community. Our early Stretch Goals are one example of how we're attempting to funnel the community's passion into creating a bigger, better game.
But the drive to crowdfund Firelight goes deeper than simply cultivating a large, passionate audience. We want to delve into new and exciting methods of game and story delivery, experimenting with how we give narrative content to the end player. With our latter Stretch Goals, we hope to facilitate unique community interactions and in-universe events that will make Firelight stand out even more from the crowd.
Firelight is the product of many talented and dedicated individuals coming together to create a brand new fantasy world. The following members have contributed to bringing that world to life:
- Eric Woods: Designer. Eric has been designing games in some capacity for eight years. Firelight marks the transition of taking the pastime from hobby to something more.
- Stephanie Gustafsson: Card Design. Stephanie is a full-time Freelance Designer with eight years of experience. She has lent her talents to a range of beloved games, including Coup, New York Slice, and Lucidity: Six-sided Nightmares.
- Michelle Czajkowski: Artist. Michelle is the creator of the beloved webcomic Ava's Demon. Prior to the comic's breakout success, Michelle was an intern with Pixar. She also hosts an art blog to which she posts regularly.
- Loika: Artist. Loika is the author and illustrator of the popular novella The Weight After Water. Her work has appeared in Apex Magazine, CrossConnect and more. She operates a blog called 3DaysMarch, where more of her work can be found.
- Caitlin Scannell: Artist. Caitlin is the creator of the Heir Presumptive webcomic, as well as the D&D-themed miniseries Roll a D20. Her work was also published in The Adventure Zine, a fan magazine based on the hit D&D podcast The Adventure Zone.
- Vicki Tsai: Artist. Vicki's pop-art style has garnered her a passionate following. She specializes in expressive portraits which reflect the color of the world around us. Her works include Space Buns, Women's Day, and A Woman, A Queen, A Mother.
From the beginning, we knew that Firelight should be as fun to look at as it is to play. Many incredibly talented artists have contributed to Firelight - Take a look at a few of their works below.
If you enjoy the artwork below, you may wish to consider adding the "Embers" Art & Lore book to your pledge! It will include high quality versions of all 50+ pieces of artwork created for the game, as well as behind-the-scenes sketches and in-universe stories.
To add one of Firelight's Add-Ons to your pledge, manually add the corresponding amount to your donation. For example, if you would like to get the Adventurer (KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE) tier and one copy of the Eldritch Visions expansion, pledge at the $35 level and then manually add an additional $15 to your order.
After the campaign concludes, HobbyHorse Games will be using BackerKit to survey backers on their Add-On selections. BackerKit will ensure that everyone receives the Add-Ons they pledged for before our orders go out the door!
Shipping for Firelight is available worldwide, and US, EU, and AU-friendly. Please note that shipping for Add-Ons is included in the Add-On price - Buying Add-Ons will not add additional shipping fees to your pledge.
Shipping within the US: For all US residents, Firelight shipping is completely free!
Shipping within the EU: The game will ship to EU residents from within the EU, so as to avoid VAT fees. Depending on the pledge level, a small fee will be added to accommodate our shipping partners in the region.
Shipping to AU: Our game is also friendly to AU residents - Similar to EU shipping, a small fee will be added depending on your pledge level.
Shipping Worldwide: Firelight is available worldwide at a higher shipping cost. Simply select your desired pledge level, and choose your country from the dropdown list. As we are covering many different locations, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that taxes will not be levied upon arrival at your doorstep. Please check with your local shipping agency to see whether such fees may apply.
Risks and challenges
Firelight is our first Kickstarter project, and as such we're working hard to ensure that we set realistic goals and deadlines.
The base Firelight game is in its final state, and only needs for several art pieces to get their finishing touches. Following this, we can begin printing immediately - We estimate this process to begin in September 2017 and end in October.
We have partnered with PrintNinja to bring Firelight to our backers. The game will be manufactured in China, and shipped to the US via boat. In European countries, the game will ship from within Europe to mitigate shipping and VAT fees.
While we are confident in our partners, there is always a small risk of delay when shipping across such long distances. To account for this risk, we have doubled the time span allotted for shipping, effectively adding another two months onto our original estimated delivery date. If everything goes perfectly, great. If there is a hiccup or two along the way, our scheduling cushion should account for it.
For details on how and why Firelight was designed, please see www.hobbyhorsegames.com/blogLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)