Fund This Book: Essentials of Rocket Stove Mass Heaters
Fund This Book: Essentials of Rocket Stove Mass Heaters
A book of design principles for building super-efficient rocket stove mass heaters, by the inventor, Dr. Larry Winiarski (ID Ecoheat)
A book of design principles for building super-efficient rocket stove mass heaters, by the inventor, Dr. Larry Winiarski (ID Ecoheat) Read more
About this project
The Purpose of this book is to teach principles so people can build efficient Rocket Stove Mass Heaters.
Heat Your Home, Environmentally Friendly
- 33% Less Wood
- Uses Small Branches, Saves Trees
- No Experience Necessary, Economical
"Humanity doesn't really know how to use fire properly. We've accustomed ourselves to fire that is polluting and inefficient. But the true nature of fire is clean, bright, and extremely hot." - Dr. Larry Winiarski
In the thirty years since Dr. Larry Winiarski published the Ten Principles of Combustion and invented the rocket stove based on these principles, the efficiency and safety of rocket stove technology has been tested in laboratories and proven in thousands of homes all over the world.
The purpose of this campaign is to produce a definitive book that will support the successful evolution of rocket stove technology from cooking to home heating.
- Wouldn't it be great if you could heat your home with a wood-burning stove that is demonstrated to use 33% less wood than other stoves and does not smoke?
- What if you could fuel this stove with small branches, so that you would never have to cut down another tree?
- And what if this stove was simple enough to be built by almost anyone, anywhere, by using local ingredients and the information in this book?
The knowledge to build this stove exists, and we want to teach you how to do it.
This Kickstarter campaign will raise the funds to produce the book entitled Essentials of Rocket Stove Mass Heaters, by Dr. Larry Winiarski, the inventor of the rocket stove.
Rocket stoves are wood-burning (or biomass-burning) stoves with a thirty-year history:
• Over one million family cooking rocket stoves have been distributed worldwide which are proven to use less than 50% less wood than an open fire and burn without any visible smoke.
• Hundreds of Institutional Rocket Stoves are currently used in almost half of the countries of Africa. The larger Institutional Rocket Stoves can cook food for over 700 people per day and is laboratory tested to use 70% to 90% less fuel than an open fire and reduce carbon monoxide and particulate matter emissions by almost 90%.
• They use smaller-sized wood fuel, and so can make use of branches - a more sustainable use of trees than cutting them down.
• They are simple enough to be designed and built by almost anyone, anywhere.
The rocket stove was invented in the late 1970's by Dr. Larry Winiarski, a renowned proponent of clean and efficient combustion technology. Dr. Winiarski is the Technical Director of Aprovecho Research Center, a non-profit organization that has designed several clean, efficient home cooking stoves. Over a million of Aprovecho's rocket stoves have been built and put to use improving the lives of people all over the world. InStove, a spin-off of Aprovecho, has been making institutional cooking stoves which have been shipped all over the world, and have been recognized by the United Nations as one of the most cost effective solutions to the problem of preparing mass quantities of food for refugees, disaster victims, and in other institutional settings.
When Dr. Winiarski invented the first rocket stove mass heater in the late 1980's, the idea was to turn rocket stove technology to the problem of home heating. Because it has always been important to Dr. Winiarski that the technology be freely available for anyone to use and develop, the growth of the rocket stove mass heater movement in the U.S. has been accelerating. Today, there are many workshops being taught on how to build a rocket stove mass heater. YouTube videos on the subject regularly get hundreds of thousands of views - some, up to a million views or more.
However, as the rocket stove mass heater movement has grown, significant gaps in understanding of the principles behind the technology have developed and proliferated, with the result that many rocket stove mass heaters are being built with critical design flaws. These flaws seriously compromise the stoves' efficiency and safety - some are even life-threatening.
That's why Dr. Winiarski is writing this book, Essentials of Rocket Stove Mass Heaters. This authoritative work will lay a solid foundation for anyone who wants to design and build a super-efficient and eco-friendly rocket stove mass heater. Whether you're a newcomer to the world of rocket stove mass heaters, or a professional builder with dozens of stoves already under your belt, this book is a must-have if you want to ensure that your rocket stove mass heater is designed with a rock-solid grounding in the principles of combustion and rocket stove design theory.
The key to building a rocket stove mass heater that reaches its theoretical potential is to adhere rigorously to the strict design principles formulated by Dr. Winiarski. Understanding these key fundamental principles is the difference between building a somewhat functional stove, and building a safe, super-efficient rocket stove mass heater.
This book represents a determined effort by this team, headed by Dr. Winiarski, to bring this knowledge into the common understanding of stove-builders everywhere.
You will learn the essential theory and design principles of rocket stove mass heaters in a clear, concise manner that stove-builders of all levels of experience can understand and use.
In addition to giving an overall understanding of theory and design, the book also specifically addresses critical design issues that can cause serious problems with safety and efficiency. Addressing these issues means huge improvements in safety and efficiency of rocket stove mass heaters.
- How to design the stove so that it is easy to light.
- How to make sure that the stove is designed to prevent carbon monoxide and smoke from entering the house.
- How to design your rocket stove mass heater to reach its optimal operating temperature, which maximizes efficiency, minimizes pollution, and reduces maintenance of the stove.
We believe that rocket stove technology represents a significant upgrade of humanity's single most important tool: fire. When you support this campaign, you're not just helping to finish writing and print the book - you're helping to accelerate an ongoing revolution that is already making the world cleaner, safer and more sustainable.
Your support will help to insure that this technology will be used properly and in accordance with the Principles of Combustion design features and that rocket stove mass heaters will reach their highest potential to transform countless lives throughout the world. Thank you for being part of and supporting this Kickstarter Campaign!
This Kickstarter Project Search Word is "EcoHeat".
Risks and challenges
The book is already being written - we need your help to fund the completion of the writing, in-house design and layout, and first printing! Unless all three of us are hit by a comet, this book is going to happen!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (45 days)