Two weeks to go to our release on January 14! Many of you have asked how you can help promote the film. Here are some ways, from small to large.
- FACEBOOK - invite all your friends to like our page. The easy is to share your page on your wall with a message asking friends to check it out and like it. The second (and more effective) way is by going to the middle of our page and clicking on 'invite friends' (unfortunately Facebook makes you click on each one). Most effective is to do both.
- FACEBOOK: post a message on your wall encouraging all of your friends to watch us on ITUNES and go to our screenings (dates at bottom) on the day/week of our release, Jan 14. Repeat Super Bowl week. Repeat for the the 50th Anniversary of the invention of Buffalo wings, March 4.
- email at least five people on same dates to tell them about the film
- Take similar measures on Twitter. Our handle is @winghunt.
- Go to our entry at the itunes store (put 'chicken wing hunt' into their search engine) and give us a five-star rating, encourage others to do same. If you've seen the film, and feel inspired, consider writing a review.
- if you happen to know any journalists, especially national, but regional is good, too, that might cover us, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're finding we do better with Food media than with film media. This could be a reporter at a newspaper, news agency or magazine, or a producer at a TV or radio show.
- contacts to any well-known or chefs. We'd like to send them screeners, ask for quotes and shout-outs. (example: turns out Kristin Sollene, who's parents come from my hometown Lyons, which is featured in the film, is something of a celebrity chef in NYC. Thanks to Bob Ohmann for the tip)
It's probably better if you reach out to the person yourself if you have a strong personal connection. Feel free to email me at email@example.com to coordinate.
Screening we have set up so far (I'll send an updated list in January):
Soho Houses in NYC, Miami and LA, Jan 14-17
Geneva, Jan 14-16
NYC, Jan 18
Albany, Jan 22
Lyons, Jan 25
Rochester, Feb 1
Austin, Feb 22
Screenings may be in the works also for Seattle, Arizona, Lake Placid, Buffalo, and Syracuse.
Details on Facebook and on our site (which is under reconstruction the next few days) in early January.
General info and blurbing below. Thank you for your help!
GREAT CHICKEN WING HUNT is an award-winning documentary comedy about Buffalo wings and the band of misfits who set out to find the perfect one. It explores the wings' place in American culture, the notion of culinary perfection, and director Matt Reynolds' personal journey home from Europe to America's Wing Belt.
WING HUNT is being released by FilmBuff distribution in select theaters and on-demand everywhere Jan 14.
WING HUNT has played more than 20 U.S. and international festivals, including STARZ Denver, Austin, and Woodstock, winning awards at Memphis, Indie Spirit, Big Apple and Williamsburg.
2014 marks the 50th anniversary of the birth of the Buffalo wing and WING HUNT contains the only known footage of an eye-witness account of that fateful night.
“One of the bonafide best films of the year.” - Filmicability
"THE BIG LEBOWKSI of documentaries." T.C. Johnstone
“Ken Kesey couldn't have asked for a merrier band of pranksters.” EATER Magazine (5/5 stars)
FilmBuff has distributed some of the most acclaimed documentaries of recent decades, including the 1994 classic HOOP DREAMS and the 2011 Oscar-nominated EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP.