Relentless: the Search for Glory
Relentless: the Search for Glory
Board game for one to ten players requiring strategy, resource management, and leadership in order to obtain victory
Board game for one to ten players requiring strategy, resource management, and leadership in order to obtain victory Read more
About this project
Relentless: the Search for Glory is a turn based board game that allows players of all ages to challenge themselves and others in proving they can succeed where others in history have failed!
Remember those games of world domination, like RISK, that we played when we were younger? How our interest and excitement waxed and waned with the luck of the dice. Sure, we needed some strategy, but most of the game was decided on the roll of the dice and who got lucky with the cards that helped increase the size of their army faster.
Well, . . . that is not anything like Relentless.
Relentless is a strategy game that encourages, nay, requires players to possess resource management skills, battle strategy prowess, and the charisma, intelligence, and intestinal fortitude necessary to rule an empire.
World history has provided us with the existence of numerous empires and a plethora of reasons towards those empires' success and demise. And along with those empires there have been men, and on a few occasions, women, who were instrumental in the establishment, growth, sustaining, or destruction of those empires. Many of us have sat in a classroom or watched a film and admired or even dreamed of being one of those people.
And another improvement with Relentless that is missing from so many other games of conquest is that when the game is played at the Intermediate or Master level's (another differentiating point of Relentless) it is not required for defeated players to leave the game. This allows for extended game play and increased challenges as players have to be able to not only maintain and defend their own kingdom, but also guide, defend, and manage the relationships of other players they have conquered . . . or suffer the consequences.
The only obstacle I am facing at the moment for this to become a reality is buying the molds, which for everything I want to do, will cost upwards of 25k. You can see images of my prototype at the bottom.
Inside the box:
- Map covering the shared geographies of the empires that existed during various times in Europe and around the Mediterranean.
- 12 battle boards that are designed to control battle and limit the size of a nations army
- 10 Treasury boards where wealth and victory marks are accumulated
- 100 Tax revenue cards
- 100 Iron resource cards
- 100 Lumber resource cards
- 20 Victory Marks
- 10 General Cards each with a different military leader from history that offer different attributes that can help change the tides of battle when activated.
- 200 Pike men cards
- 200 Archer cards
- 100 Knight cards
- 100 Chariots cards
- 50 Highwaymen cards
- 50 Cards of Fate that can add or remove units from travelling armies
- 50 Cards of Blessing that provide various benefits that can help reach a victorious outcome for an individual.
- A 10 sided and a 20 sided die
- The rule book
- The History, Hints, Tips, and Strategies book
- $20,000 – Addition of the War Elephant unit. Just one of these units in your army could put every conflict in your favor.
- $30,000 – Addition of the Castle board which allows a player to extend their kingdom’s defense with the addition of walls and reserves. Special Siege units will be released with this as well.
- $35,000 – Addition of mass destruction weapons.
- $50,000 – Release of Relentless Deluxe. Backers that have contributed at levels to receive stretch awards will have this version of the game replace the original version. Deluxe consists of 10mm figures instead of unit cards.
- $100,000 – Release of Relentless: Death before Dishonor, the Asian campaign expansion that introduces new general cards, units, Cards of Fate and Blessing, and the mystical dynasties and empires of the Orient.
Origins As I mentioned earlier, I intended for this game to be played with 10mm figures. Below are some pictures of my original prototype. You can hopefully use where I was to understand where I want to go.
The Original Map
An original battle board with figures
Close up of the life counters and the Knights and Chariots
Without the help of Kickstarter Backers, I would not be able to bring this or any of my other games to market. I will keep all backers informed at every step in the development, printing and delivery processes. However, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.
Support this project
- (45 days)