Preparations.... (and a stupid video)
Hey there everyone! Time for another exciting update!
I put together this parody video explaining our journey so far! Forgive my horrible editing skills :P
Apparently people believe this will get C&D? So, watch it while you can....even though this is definitely parody, we don't have the money to fight large corporations over something so stupid :P
The demo is almost here!! As I said before, it will be the first 2 days of the prologue... more of a show of where we are. We are just finishing up the last few bugs and getting the last features in place (like the bestiary).
It has been a lot of "squash one bug, two pop up" type of situation....but now I'm pretty comfortable in saying it will be ...soon (I've miscalculated how long stuff takes so many times now, I'm getting shy about giving concrete times....oh no, I've caught developer-itis.....ok ok, hopefully in less than a week, best guess!).
I had been holding off this update till we had it ready, but since we are making noise in other ways today....figured should make it now and keep you all up to date.
Final Push Preparations!
As I mentioned a while ago, we could really use some extra help on the final push of development. Development on this hasn't been an easy road (as you all know).
It isn't a situation of "if we don't get help, the project is over!!" (it can never really get to that point). But, a resource injection would help smooth out the final year (and maybe even let us get our characters voiced! Or be able to do marketing at some point!).
So, what is ahead?
- Well, first off we launched a Patreon today to get ready for when the demo is released and we have a few more eyes on us.
- Next we will be coming out with the demo in a week or two and making some early noise to let people know we are coming. It has been a while of quiet development, so good to be out there some more. Having this early deadline has helped us push the last bits to get our game systems in place too, so has been great for development (even with a little extra time spent doing videos or a teaser).
- At the same time, we will launch another kickstarter to boost the noise (and get a bit more support to help out).
- Then....it will be into quiet development again for 4 - 6 months as I run through the game importing the content.
- After that, I'll be making a bit more noise as we move into the final phase before release (the prologue will be released sometime in this period, before the full game).
- And then.....full release! Probably will eat shwarma or something to celebrate (it is pretty good).
Anyhow, that is the big plan!! Would love to hear what you all think :) Next update will be once the demo is ready! ((Still on the fence of how to handle getting it all to you early....and also giving media time to look at it before released everywhere.....hmm. Oh well, I'll figure something out!)).