This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Fri, February 1 2019 7:59 AM UTC +00:00.
Handcrafted and Upcycled
Hello, my name's Amanda. I make cards for family, friends, and backers like you!
This year, I'd like to Make/100 personalized and handcrafted cards that are assembled from upcycled magazines from my neighborhood.
Perfect for busy folk with impending holiday deadlines, or those who want a pick-me-up in their mailbox.
How it works
I’ll send you some questions asking about your preferred color, theme, message, extra tidbits, address of your recipient (friends! family! yourself!) and the date the card should arrive by. You can also opt for a surprise!
Then the creating begins:
1. I start with archival quality, acid free, cold pressed paper.
2. Through painstaking painting, shearing, and arranging, I craft a card tailored to your responses.
3. The card is sealed with three coats of archival quality, acid free*, water resistant resin.
4. I will slip the card in a plastic sleeve to protect it during shipping.
5. It will ship and arrive just in time to cheer you up!
* archival quality = very permanent/durable
acid free = has neutral/basic pH and doesn’t deteriorate so fast
Basically, this card can last pretty long.
Due to how long it takes to hand paint and assemble each card, these limited edition cards will be available to only 100 backers.
Risks and challenges
Although I have made countless cards for my own family and friends, Kickstarter is a whole new and exciting animal. However, I've sat down, ran the numbers, and planned out the entire process. I'm confident that this will be a success!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- All gone!