Acerca de este proyecto
Yōkai Quest is a collaborative game for 1 or more players, set in a fantasy, Japan-inspired world with a chibi look. The players control brave heroes who face the evil plans of ninjas of the Red Claw and terrifying yōkai, in an action game inspired by the mechanics of beat'em up and RPG.
Yōkai Quest will be available in five languages!
All game content except rulebooks are language independent. Names, items, etc., will be taken from the Japanese imaginary.
Rulebooks will be available in five languages: English, Spanish, French, Italian and German. You’ll be able to let us know your preferred language during the pledge manager phase, after the campaign.
All unlocked Stretch Goals FREE with every Hero Pledge!
All the miniatures included are made in high quality plastic and are pre-assembled, so you only need to open the box and play!
The Hero Pledge for the core game box gives you a complete game with many stretch goal extras where are included two Expansion Boxes. You don’t actually need any more to have months or even years of replay value!!
However you may be interested in adding a second "Hero" Pledge without doing multiple Kickstarter accounts, or in purchasing extra Expansion Boxes or extra Neko Brothers.
In addition, there are optional purchases available to expand your game play option!! They are listed below.
If you're interested in purchasing any of these optional buys, please just click the “Manage Your Pledge” button on the Yōkai Quest Kickstarter page, and add the amount of the items that you’d like to get in the pledge manager. You don’t have to specify what you want at this stage, we’ll sort out what your extra money is going towards after the campaign has closed, when we send you our pledge manager.
As our total pledge is increased, each stretch goal unlocked will be added as a reward to all Hero backers.
All the Stretch Goals are FREE.
The Social Stretch Goals are additional rewards, added to all the Hero pledges when unlocked.
Each social stretch goal propose a way of making known the campaign: these can be by sharing a Facebook publication, playing some mini-games we will be proposing on social networks, and more.
Help us with the task of reaching as many people as possible, spreading the knowledge of Yōkai Quest, and unlocking a good amount of amazing miniatures!
Share and prepare for the battle!
Yōkai Quest is a collaborative board game, heavily based in the classic mechanics of beat’em up games and RPGs. Set in a fantasy, Japan-inspired world, the miniatures included are designed with “chibi” look; this means a cute way of design, with the characters having big and expressive faces.
This is a beta version for Yōkai Quest Rulebook. Yōkai Quest Rulebooks will be always available for free download.
In addition, new campaigns and scenarios, and more game support components will be also available to download for free.
In Yōkai Quest, a game is played in stages, each one represented by a board.
The chosen scenario to play will specify which board must be set at each stage, where the spawn points of the yōkai are placed, the entry point of the heroes and what they must accomplish in order to advance to the next stage.
At the final stage, the final boss awaits. Heroes must defeat these powerful enemies to win the scenario.
The Game Box will include a variety of scenarios, and a complete campaign with its own history and development, well described in the Adventure Book.
Players can choose between different heroes: the brave samurai, the stoic monk, the fiery gunslinger, the righteous priest, and many more! Each hero has a unique set of traits: movement, health, defence, melee power, reach and ranged power. All these traits are listed in the hero's card.
In Yōkai Quest there are three classes: Bushi, Shinobi and Sennin. Each hero belongs to one of them! Class serves to describe a type of hero, and it is also used by items, indicating what heroes can use them.
At the beginning of a game, the player will configure the abilities the hero will be able to use during the fight: these abilities will make the hero more defensive, capable of helping other heroes and/or have access to powerful attacks.
The ability cards must be placed on the dedicated slots of the hero dashboard. These cards have one ability on each side, so when you place one with the chosen ability upwards on the dashboard, the ability left downward cannot be used.
Each turn, each player draws a card from the Energy Deck, gathering energy points for their hero. Energy management is crucial! When using their abilities the heroes consume this “energy battery”, so not depleting the reserve unnecessarily is guarantee of success.
Also, some of the cards from this deck provide temporary enhancements to the heroes’ capabilities, like powering up their attack or recovering life points. Help is always welcome!
In Yōkai Quest two types of 6-sided special dice are used, with the icon of a Katana or a Helmet printed on their faces.
- Red die: four faces with a Katana icon and two faces with a Helmet icon.
- Blue die: four faces with a Helmet icon and two faces with a Katana icon.
The steps to resolve the attacks in Yōkai Quest are:
- The attacker throws the combination of dice indicated either in the basic attack or in the ability card.
- The results with a Katana are kept.
- The defender throws their defence combination of dice. For each Helmet result, one Katana result from the attacker is nullified.
- The final number of Katana results obtained by the attacker is the number of wounds taken by the defender.
The yōkai are the enemies in the game; they will be constantly spawning from settled points in random amounts, decided by drawing cards from an specific deck: the Spawn Deck.
This deck must be prepared before the game, following the scenario guidelines; what monsters appear will depend of these cards.
At the beginning of each turn, one card for each respawn point must be drawn from this deck: based on the number of heroes, the card will indicate the number of yōkai that will appear!
In the final stage of a scenario, a powerful boss will appear. These enemies are a constant threat for the heroes and defeating them is a challenge: they will use powerful attacks, call forth more yōkai to their aid, and more.
The action doesn't stop, be ready to make wise choices and think strategically.
By defeating certain amounts enemies, or by completing specific stage objectives during the game, the heroes can draw a card from the Treasure Deck.
These cards represent weapons to wield, armors to wear and consumables heros can use. Items cards provide improvements to the capabilities of heroes and useful consumables for the most dangerous moments during the game.
The scenario is the leitmotif of the game; it will indicate all the details for each stage that compose it: which board must be set, the respawn points and deck, the heroes entry point, and the conditions to pass through the different stages and achieve victory.
Shipping will be charged after the campaign through a pledge manager, based on the actual cost to ship your pledge and any additional rewards you select.
We have multiple international shipping hubs to help minimize your shipping and customs costs. We will ship rewards to these hubs at our costs. These hubs will then ship all rewards to backers in their region.
Currently we have shipping hubs for USA, European Union, Australia and Canada. Depending on your region, this will help reduce or eliminate any additional import duties you may be required to pay.
Our current estimate for shipping costs are listed below.
- USA: 18€ - 28€ to most cities.
- Canada: 18€ - 28€ to most cities.
- Latin America: 47€ - 56€ to most countries.
- Europe: 10€-12€ Spain. 13€ Germany and France. 16€ Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Austria, Denmark, Czech Republic. 18€ Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary. 18€ - 38€ to most other countries. UK: 18€ - 28€ to most cities.
- Africa: 75€ to most countries.
- Asia: 28€ to China and Hong Kong, 38€ to most other countries.
- Oceania: 18€ - 28€ to Australia. 38€ to New Zealand.
Please note that these are ESTIMATES ONLY.
At this time we continue to negotiate in order to achieve new international shipping hubs in other regions with the aim of reducing shipping costs as much as possible.
Exclusive miniatures won’t be commercialized directly on stores. They will only be available here in Kickstarter, with remaining stock available through conventions, events and special promotions only.
Riesgos y desafíos
We have successfully done three other campaigns:
Kensei Fantasy Creatures where we developed almost 80 new miniatures.
Nemesis Rise of the Juggers where we developed 40 new miniatures.
Kensei Undead where we raised a complete army of undead samurais.
We are also working in the fulfilment of the Last Saga Kickstarter and almost ready to ship all their elements.
We have already sent all the rewards from these three campaigns to our backers, so we will invest all of our time in this new project. In this project we will develop new miniatures and some of them have already been made.
We need the funds for the miniatures production process and to pay the sculptors, painters and other workers on this project. Shipping times may have some delay if we reach the higher stretch goals and we have to develop more new miniatures in some cases due to sculpting time.
Zenit Miniatures has successfully delivered several Kickstarters, however, there is always the possibility of delays in any project, including:
Delays in development
Delays in shipment
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By pledging on this Kickstarter you acknowledge the following:
1. You must confirm your pledge, pay for shipping charges and provide a valid shipping address within eight weeks of our email notification asking you to confirm your pledge. Timely shipment cannot be guaranteed for backers who fail to confirm their pledge and/or fail to pay shipping.
2. It is Zenit Miniatures's responsibility, either directly or through the contracted delivery services, to ship your rewards to you. It is your responsibility to provide Zenit Miniatures with a correct address in a timely manner and to provide all the requested information within the terms agreed in point 1.
3. All items shown during the Kickstarter are prototypes, including models, look, materials, and other contents. The final product may vary slightly from those shown while the Kickstarter is active.
4. By backing this campaign you accept that the shipping date is only an estimate, and that due to the logistics of worldwide shipping: manufacturing, shipping, etc., backers in different countries may receive their rewards sooner than others, or that the product may make it into distribution in your own country or into special promotions before your reward arrives.
Further, you agree that you are responsible for import duties or any other duties, taxes, or fees that may be payable to complete delivery of your items.
5. You have read and agree to the shipping details provided in the Shipping Information section. If you do not accept these terms, please do not pledge and wait for retail release. Thank you for your understanding.Más información sobre el concepto de responsabilidad en Kickstarter
Contribuir a este proyecto
Período de financiamiento
Del al (30 días)