Our Goal: Create the perfect urban adventure bag from sustainably-sourced materials, support our local community of crafts-people, and raise money to support Sustainable Surf's award winning program that enables healthier oceans!
Born By The Bay. Designed for everyday urban adventures.
The Deep Blue Bag is a sustainably-sourced up-cycled urban adventure bag – here is what you really want to know:
- Designed by internationally renowned product creator – Yves Béhar
- Packed with technical features – but so well hidden, they disappear
- Made in San Francisco by Mafia Bags, a local sustainable b-Corp.
- Supports additional local artisans and crafts-people working in SF
- Every bag comes with Mafia Bag's Lifetime Warranty
- All proceeds benefit local SF environmental nonprofit Sustainable Surf's ocean health initiatives – specifically, their 'Waste To Waves' program
Ruben Lenten's LEN10 x Deep Blue Bag
Introducing the LEN10 x Deep Blue Bag. A limited edition version of this sustainably-sourced urban adventure backpack - made from the kites used by Ruben Lenten - the world’s most daring kiteboarder.
A limited run of 50 bags in available right now only on Kickstarter! Each bag incorporates a section of Ruben’s high-flying kites, while bringing the signature LEN10 aesthetic to Yves Behar’s streamlined design.
Featuring the same discreet features that the Kickstarter community has embraced, the LEN10 x Deep Blue Bag comes with unique LEN10 color-ways and branding. All profits also support Sustainable Surf's Waste to Waves program.
With only 50 of the bags scheduled to be made, Ruben Lenten fans better act fast!
*Colors and patterns will vary on each bag dependent on the kites available.
This bag is creating a REAL and positive Seachange
When Sustainable Surf came to MAFIA Bags with the idea to create the perfect bag for everyday urban adventures in cities surrounded by water playgrounds like San Francisco, they knew the perfect partner to engage. Award-winning designer, avid surfer/kiteboarder and Sustainable Surf ambassador – Yves Béhar of Fuseproject fame. His client portfolio includes Samsung, Kodak, Movado, Herman Miller, and August Home.
Over the last twenty years, Béhar has also pioneered design as force for positive social and environmental change. His humanitarian work includes the One Laptop Per Child, which has given 2.5 million laptops to children in developing countries.
The Deep Blue Bag is Yves' most recent project to support positive environmental change.
"Being a surfer and being an ocean-lover... I'm very concerned about the state of the ocean" - Yves Béhar
Feature-packed. Streamlined design.
Sustainable Surf wanted a bag packed with useful features, that could enhance and enable people’s connection to the ocean playground that surrounds the San Francisco Bay area. Yves Béhar designed a one-of-a-kind bag full of unique and functional features, that also carries his trademark streamlined sculptural design aesthetic.
The Brief: create a technical bag with aesthetic simplicity.
The Deep Blue Bag is MAFIA's most technically designed backpack and the most sustainable choice for everyday, ocean-minded, city-loving travellers. Featuring:
- Lifetime Warranty - from MAFIA Bags
- Weighs 1 lb (500 grams) - Super lightweight construction
- 20 liter capacity - Plenty for your next urban adventure (bag measures 48cm x 33cm)
- Upcycled super lightweight spinnaker sails
- Upcycled climbing ropes collected from Yosemite Valley
- Upcycled wetsuit/drysuit material
- Water resistant Wet Pocket - for wetsuits and gym gear
- Unique Hanging loop - for drying Wet Pocket
- Concealed Waterproof zipper - don't let the weather stop your adventure
- Secure bottle holder - bottles stay put event when running
- Fully padded laptop pouch with weatherproof zipper - work between adventures
- Internal pocket - keep track of your urban necessities
- Internal D-ring - everyone needs another place to hang
- Secret ‘city’ pocket - for your keys, wallet and passport
- External gear loop - some adventures need a little more
- Padded slim shoulder straps - light and comfortable
- Chest strap closure buckle - available on Deluxe Model only
- All zippers weather-proof - fog, rain, sun, shine - adventure
- Hand-crafted, each unique bag also saves more than 10 square feet of material from the landfill
- Optional high-quality adventure chest strap on 'Deluxe' model.
Tested by 'myth-buster' Adam Savage.
We put the Deep Blue Bag through it's paces with 'myth-buster' Adam Savage. Check out his latest Tested episode to see Adam's enthusiastic review.
This bag is made from an abundant resource collected in the Bay Area - Boat Sails.
Supporting environmental non-profit Sustainable Surf to enable healthier oceans
All profits from the Deep Blue Bag will be used to amplify and expand Sustainable Surf’s award-winning Waste to Waves program. Keeping plastic out of our oceans and landfills by re-imaging waste as a resource, instead of a problem.
The Deep Blue Bag is the perfect bag for ocean-minded adventurers - supporting Sustainable Surf and their mission to use surf culture as a positive force to protect our ocean playground.
Sustainably-sourced and made locally By the Bay in San Francisco. Supporting a local community of artisans.
Designed by awarding-winning designer, Yves Behar. By the Bay.
Supporting Sustainable Surf's mission... to Protect Our Ocean Playground.
For ocean-minded urban adventurers.
Meet the team. Born By The Bay.
Yves Behar - Designer and creative director. Award winning designer. Founder / CEO of Fuseproject
Marcos Mafia - Rethinker of materials and manufatcturer. Co-founder of MAFIA Bags
Michael Stewart - Ocean protector and ideator. Co-founder of Sustainable Surf
As with every product made from upcycled and recycled materials there are always scheduled risks associated with manufacturing and supply chain logistics.
The sail, rope and wetsuit material used in the Deep Blue Bag are some of the most readily accessible to MAFIA Bags, meaning this risk is minimized.
By using local manufacturers the project team is able to more easily address manufacturing challenges often associated with the production of goods in other regions.
Components such as zippers, buckles, webbing and liners are all sourced from established suppliers that MAFIA Bags works with for their other product lines.Kickstarter上の説明責任について詳しく知る