3D RPG Education Game: Adventure into Education (Canceled)
Education Endeavor is building 3D animation games for the education market. Introducing "Adventure into Education"
We at Education Endeavor are building a 3D role-playing game (RPG). The game is based on enhancing and reinforcing Language Arts (Reading and Grammar) and Math for kids age 7 and up, using common core concepts in an exciting adventure game. Our endeavor is to make games that will help children learn, solve problems, develop critical thinking, but most importantly, have fun playing without the need for violence.
The core principles that drive the development of our game are:
- The game must be educational
- The game must be fun and challenging
- The game must be easy to operate and play
- The game must keep the child's privacy intact
- The game must be free of violence and yet exciting
We are using Common Core Standards to create the educational content of our apps. These standards provide the foundation that is being used by teachers in classrooms throughout the United States. Sample topics to be included in our 3D games are:
- Computation and Estimation
- Probability, Statistics, Patterns, and Functions
- Algebra (equality in an equation, addition, and multiplication)
- Geometry (recognize geometric images, such as translation, reflection, and rotation)
- Illustrate and explain measurements and calculations by using equations, rectangular arrays, and/or models
- Produce complete sentences, recognize and correct inappropriate fragments and run-ons
- Use relative pronouns (who, whose, whom, which, that) and relative adverbs (when, where, why)
- Correctly use homophones (ex: to, two, too/there, their)
- Use commas, quotations marks, and correct capitalization
- Chronology, to include compare/contrast, cause/effect, and problem/solution
The characters, Pella and Niko, will be fully animated in 3D, and will be able to move around, talk, and interact with the environment around them. The character movements will be controlled by the player, who will have a choice of playing in either 1st or 3rd person. We will incorporate video and audio clues to help the player along the way.
The environment we are building will allow children to be able to run, climb, jump over, pick up, and build things. It is a fantasy world similar to Earth, but will allow the child to have special powers and abilities.
Electronic workbooks will be available for purchase with the apps to help reinforce what is being taught in the adventure. These workbooks are included as part of the Pledges for Kickstarter backers.
Which one should I choose?
We have created multiple platforms in order to reach all potential users of our adventure games.
Mobile - If you want the flexibility of a game to take with you wherever you go, then you will want to purchase our Mobile app.It is completely portable, and is set up for both mobile phones and tablets.
Desktop - The Desktop app will provide enhanced video graphics, joystick controls, and can be accessed across multiple profile accounts on a single desktop.
Class Set - The Class sets are best for those who want to receive multiple copies of the apps that can be given to teachers to be used for classrooms, as well as for individual use.You can also provide the set to your school as a gift.
Combo - To get the best of both worlds, we recommend that you purchase the mobile and desktop combo.We will be developing syncing capabilities in the future that will allow both the mobile and desktop to sync.
Our game will be compatible with:
- 2nd generation iPads and above using iOS 7
- iPhone 4 and above using iOS 7
- Android mobile devices using OS 2.3.1 and above
- Windows 8 phone and Surface
- Mac OS 10.7 and above
- Windows 7 and above
Risks and challenges
The biggest concern that we have is being able to complete the apps within each software platform on time. However, we already have a team in place, and we have begun working on the content as well as the software development. So, although there is a risk of the delivery dates slipping, we feel that the risk is small.
We have a huge challenge to make a game that is engaging, adventurous, fun to play, and above all, focused on education. We at Education Endeavor are up to this challenge, and look forward to helping enhance the way children learn.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)