You and your fellow fishermen are having a whale of a time on the high seas. The fish are literally jumping into your boats. So many fish are landing on deck that your boats are beginning to overload and capsize. The only way to tackle this fishy situation is to release all of the fish you’ve caught before you take a trip to Davy Jones’ locker. The winner is the first fisherman to release all their fish.
Good luck and let cod be with you!
Number of players: 2 to 6
Playtime: 15 minutes
Suggested player age: 5 and up
Mechanics: Hand Management / Deduction
Language Dependence: Minimal (no text on the cards, rules are available in English, Spanish and French)
Editions: Premiere and Deluxe
Designer: Sean Carroll (designer of Viewpoint and Viewpoint Reflections)
Artist: Jenny Cuthbert
- Each player starts with a hand of 7 fish cards (facing outwards so they can't see what fish they're holding).
- Players then take turns guessing what fish they have in their hand and, when they guess correctly, other players release (discard) those fish for them.
- If they guess incorrectly, they have to draw more fish.
- There are 4 special fish that allow players to perform special actions to release extra fish from their hands or burden other players with more fish.
- The first player to release all their fish wins.
Gameapalooza: "Honestly there’s not a whole lot negative to say about “No Fish!”. We would LOVE to see a premium version, in a proper slip box, rather than the usual card deck flimsy box, we can only imagine that would add to its retail appeal." (Note: Deluxe No Fish! will be packaged in a sturdy lift-off lid box.)
Dez from Hittin' Crits: "It is the craziest, most bizarre and silliest idea for a game I have ever heard of and yet it is pure genius and works on so many levels."
The Campaigner Magazine: "No Fish! is a quick, fun game for the entire family, and would sit well in any game collection."
Jair from Another Dungeon: "My playgroup thoroughly loved the game, as it was especially refreshing between rounds of a much more demanding game of Cthulhu Gloom."
Nick from Board Game Brawl: "No Fish! bridges that gap between the classic card games we used to play as kids and more modern games by being accessible to both groups of people."
Georgie from Beards and Board Games: "Really fun. Super light. Super easy to teach filler game."
The target for the single stretch goal for the No Fish! campaign is AU$3,000 (~US$2,100 , ~€1,900, ~£1,500). If the stretch goal is reached, the following upgrades to the Deluxe version will be made:
- Monkfish will be added to the 54-card Fish deck in place of the rules cards. The rules will be moved to the booklet of Fishy Puns.
- The 54 Fish cards will be fabricated using premium linen cardstock.
From our creative beginnings as a tabletop game design company, 93 Made Games is now a major promoter and distributor of other quality independently designed and published games, while still continuing to design and publish our own unique and imaginative creations to bridge the gap between casual and hardcore gaming.
- Sean Carroll - Game Design Manager
- Anthony Condos - Art Manager
- Victor Areces - Production Consultant
- Kerrie Hudson - Editorial Consultant
Aussie designers/publishers whose games we distribute...
- Grail Games - One Zero One, 101.1, Elevenses, Too Many Cinderellas, Matcha and Guns & Steel
- Rule & Make - Rise to Power, Entropy, Ninja Dojo Fight! and Robots & Rockets
- Adventureland Games - Pack of Heroes
- RAEZ - COGZ
- Senyac Games - El Luchador Fantastico Grande
- Blue Room Games - NinjitZoo
- CatTube Famous - CatTube Famous
- Table Tyrant Games - Tavern Fame
- Thylacine Games - Dragon Racer
- Pocket Sports Australia - Pocket Sports
Stay in touch...
- Visit the our website for the latest news on Australian indie games.
- Follow 93 Made Games on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Tumblr.
- Rate No Fish! on BoardGameGeek once you've played it.
- Watch our latest videos on YouTube.
All pledge levels include all shipping costs! We are able to offer free shipping because:
- We will personally package and dispatch all copies of Premiere No Fish! to Australian backers within a couple of weeks of the end of the campaign. To be able to offer free shipping for Premiere No Fish! we are not able to ship it outside of Australia.
- We also use a global fulfillment company that is in close proximity to our manufacturer and who offers extremely competitive pricing. This company will ship all copies of Deluxe No Fish! to backers worldwide once the production is complete and the associated quality checks have been performed.
Two main reasons...
1. To reach a wider audience through which we can share our creation.
Whilst the Premiere version is only available to Australian residents, we are using Kickstarter to promote and connect with gamers around the globe. Our manufacturer and global fulfillment agencies are ready and able to deliver your copy of No Fish! right to your mailbox.
2. To seek funding for the production of the Deluxe version of No Fish!
The Deluxe version will improve upon the Premiere version that was released in limited quantities to media and some lucky customers at PAX Australia 2015. Unlike the Premiere version, the Deluxe version, which is packaged in a much sturdier lift-off lid box, will include the fishy puns booklet and refinements to the artwork (e.g. to improve the readability of the rules cards).
Risks and challenges
No Fish! is a fully-designed, play-tested and illustrated game that was released in limited numbers to media and select gamers in November 2015. The remaining limited edition copies will be released via this campaign as Premiere No Fish!
We will personally package and dispatch all copies of Premiere No Fish! to Australian backers within a couple of weeks of the end of the campaign.
The design and art files for Deluxe No Fish! will be sent to our manufacturer within a month of the end of the campaign. This will allow us to make any last minute refinements to the artwork and to follow up on and include each backer's fishy pun within the booklet of fishy puns.
To ensure the best possible quality of product, we will have our manufacturer produce a few prototypes of Deluxe No Fish! prior to commencing full scale production.
Once production is complete, the copies of Deluxe No Fish! will be sent to our fulfillment agency who will distribute them all over the world.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (39 days)