Hello! I’m Jonah Sargent
I’m launching my first ever coffee table photo book called Faces of Yoga. It's a series of uncomfortable photos of people in strange positions.
Eventually Faces of Yoga will be a 40-60 page full color coffee table book (8.5"x8.5"). Please read on and watch my kickstarter video. I hope you choose to support the project.
When I first started yoga I was constantly distracted by how I looked and felt during class and I think that’s why a lot of people don’t try it – people are worried they’ll look or feel stupid. In the era of instagram profiles devoted to sexy yoga poses on beaches, it's important to remember that we all look bad when we do yoga, so we should immerse ourselves in it and forget the rest.
Where the raised funds will go:
- Printing costs ($1,300)
- Graphic Designer for the front cover ($300)
- Copyright costs ($60) and Trademark ($300)
- ISBN ($125)
- Marketing ($100)
- Shipping Costs ($65)
- Kickstarter and amazon fees ($250)
- Total = $2500
If I raise more than this amount I’ll work on making a website where people can order the book, and/or apply for distribution through amazon or another retailer. If it’s a wild success I’ll throw an unforgettable party to which all supporters will be invited.
Heda Hokschirr, Erika Peterson, Danielle Jokinen, Mitchel Molloy, Sarah Rosemary Anagnostou, John Scar, and all of the yogis who made this possible.
Risks and challenges
1. Possible delays from the printer. There is always a chance that the project will be delayed at the proofing stage. I have a talented graphic designer helping with the project, so hopefully together we can avoid any snags.
2. Shipping delays. It could happen, but of course I’m not anticipating any issues here. I’ll work hard to avoid any delays.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (16 days)