More backgrounds will be added to the game! There will be less reused areas for quests!
All good endings will have special epilogues! Don't you want to know what happens afterwards...?
Special opening and ending videos will be added! Wouldn't that be great?
Nerui will get her own, smaller game from her own perspective, giving you the chance to romance Merrick and Yuhata~!
* Backers who pledge at the "Magician" tier or higher will get this new game for free!
Nerui will get one extra love interest: a brand new, completely original character who isn't present in Mizari Loves Company!
Nerui's game will be expanded into a full-sized title that rivals Mizari Loves Company!
After forming a mercenary band with her friend Nerui and a vagabond named Merrick, Mizari set out to help quell the attacks by the antagonistic demon nation. How, then, did Mizari find herself living at the Demon King's castle? Worse yet, she finds herself falling for a demon!
Follow Mizari as she copes with learning that things aren't always as they appear, and that some things aren't simply black or white. With your help, her worldview will completely change, and she may even be able to change things for the better.
Check below each description for a voice sample!
... Also featuring the voice talents of Elsie Lovelock, Mike Varker, and Kathy Pfautsch, who bring the game's NPCs to life.
- Three romance-able male love interests with unique storylines
- An estimated ~150,000 to ~200,000+ words (10-20 hours) of reading
- 20+ unique CGs, including optional steamy love scenes
- 10+ endings
- RPG elements: inventory, quests, & combat system
- Visual Novel Mode: disable all gameplay elements
- Partial English voice acting
- A wonderful, custom OST
* Physical good designs may be subject to change, due to manufacturer specifications.
$5 base shipping cost / + $1 per additional postcard (ALL ORDERS)
$6 base shipping cost / + $3 per additional charm / + 35% non-Canada
*** NEW ***
+$10 shipping for orders incl. physical goods / +$15 shipping for digital-only tiers * Shipping costs are listed for all countries.
- Kickstarter-exclusive Updates - access to exclusive progress updates and asset previews.
- Your Name in the Credits - your name or alias will be included in the credits of the final version of the game.
- Digital Copy of the Game - upon the game's release, you will receive your choice of either a redeemable itch.io link (DRM-free) or a Steam key.
- Beta Access - at certain intervals of development, you'll have access to beta builds of the game. At present, these intervals are planned as follows: common route, Anja's route, Mimi's route, the King's route, and then gameplay.
- Digital Artbook - a digital-only artbook that will include safe-for-work sprite, CG, and background artworks.
- Digital Dakimakura Design - a printable design that is formatted for use on a body pillow. Three double-sided, full body designs available.
- Character Charm - a 1.5", single-sided acrylic charm. Four designs available.
- Name & Design One In-game Weapon - design a weapon that will be used as an in-game item and name it. *25 character limit for the name. Cannot contain any offensive words or designs.
- Design One In-game Quest Premise - write an up to 250 word quest premise, which will then be worked into the game as an actual quest. *May be tweaked to fit within the game's lore.
Reine Works strives to create quality games aimed at a primarily female audience. We create both otome and yuri games and have already released one full, free title: Blossoms Bloom Brightest, and one commercial title: The Tail Makes the Fox - Episode 1. In addition, we've also released a full concept build of an experimental game, Mon-cuties for All.
With Mizari Loves Company, we seek to make a full-length otome game that allows players to choose their own play-style by selecting which features are enabled and/or disabled.
This title in particular has been in development since late 2016 and has the progress to show for it. All key backgrounds (ie, the ones needed to complete the main game), main and side character sprites, the GUI, and logo are already completed. In addition, writing began in August 2017, with 5 of 20 main chapters already completed.
In order to ensure a smooth development process, we've decided to adapt a unique workflow for Mizari Loves Company. Generally, each aspect of the game would be worked on at the same time. Instead, however, we'll be focusing on developing the game in the following order: (1) main story & Visual Novel Mode, (2) key RPG systems integration, (3) quests & battle integration, and then (4) final balancing.
What this allows us to do is smoothly ensure that each component of the game fits into the whole and easily adjust any content that needs edits for either mode (Visual Novel Mode/RPG Mode). In addition, it allows for beta content to be sectioned off into significantly more reasonable chunks, which in turn helps us to quickly pinpoint and fix any bugs.
Although we have funded the base game out of our own pocket, we are seeking extra funding to ensure that the final product will be properly polished. In short, we're hoping to get some extra leeway with the game's budget. Please see the pie chart below for a rough break down of how our base goal would be used.
After examining the amount of content we have finished and the work speed of our present team members, we've come up with a proper release date estimate, contrary to what we originally had on our Prefundia.
Our estimated release date for the game is late June 2019. This date takes into account any possible delays or lapses in development due to team member changes, rather than simply being the earliest point the game may be finished. Due to this, if we're lucky, we may even be able to push release ahead of the estimate.
Concept, programming - Jackie M.
Writing - MJ Lee, Renkka
Character designs - Sayuui, Maddy & Jules
Key Sprites & Promotional Artwork - mukangASO
CGs - Curryuku
NPC Sprites - Ellisaire
Backgrounds - Rude Roo
Chibis - chegovia
GUI - ds-sans
Logo - viyuzu
Campaign graphics - Kainico
Music - Mafroi
Kickstarter Trailer - ArcDawn
Risks and challenges
The game is already well into production and will be completed regardless of funding aid. This campaign is merely to help increase the quality of the final game and hopefully add in extra features.
In terms of delays, we of course can't guarantee anything, but we have made the best well-educated guess we could, in terms of delivery date. We have even taken into account the possibility of key team members needing to leave prematurely and re-recruitment time. Regardless of the risk, we do hope that Backers will place their trust in us and help improve Mizari Loves Company.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)