ClassRealm is a customizable classroom management system built on role playing themes. It's like a real life video game for kids! Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on .
What Doesn't Kill You...
Hello ClassRealm Fans,
I've finally pulled myself out of the fetal position and stopped sobbing in to a pillow long enough to give you an update. I'm kidding! But seriously - our ClassRealm Kickstarter project failed. Or did it? Yes, we did not raise the 65K we needed to start ClassRealm off with a bang, but there is no way I could consider this venture a "failure".
456 people made this project a success. If I ever needed reassurance that ClassRealm has an audience I found it. Hundreds of comments, emails and kind words made this project worth while. People have already sent me emails and tweets expressing their condolences for ClassRealm not hitting its goal. Let me reassure you - ClassRealm is not dead, ClassRealm is not dying, and ClassRealm is in no way sick or hurt.
Here's our new plan of attack.
1. Win the lottery
2. Build ClassRealm
Scratch that. New Plan.
1. Keep working on ClassRealm with my team.
2. Dial back some (maybe a lot) of the features we wanted to include.
3. Find another way to fund ClassRealm. Maybe one big investor, maybe donations, maybe some other way. We're open to ideas.
4. Get the basic interface of ClassRealm built the right way. No cutting corners. No holding back.
5. Let a select group of teachers use this version of ClassRealm in their classrooms and track the results.
6. Show the world that ClassRealm is effective in different settings.
7. Get tons o' funding.
8. Include ALL the features we wanted and more!
Basically we're going back to the start. It's not square one, more like square five. We're going to focus on the classroom set up of ClassRealm. It's not that we don't like ClassRealm Edventures or all the tools and games for students outside of school, it's just that those things cost the most to make. So let's just start with the basics and work our way up to some thing spectacular, shall we? We won't need as much dough to get things rolling this way.
As always, if you want to help in the future (we may need you, we may not. You never know!) just send me an email at email@example.com and let me know how you think you could help us.
I would advise any ClassRealm fan to sign up for e-mail updates on our site http://classrealm.com/
We'll be back before you know it. It may be next summer or sometime in 2037, but we'll be back and better than ever. Thanks to anyone and everyone who has given ClassRealm support in the past months. Each and every one of you is a hero.