At Bay Press presents: Woman - An Anthology. This ambitious collection of short stories (fiction) features work by the following renowned authors:
- Stephen King (The Shining, The Running Man, Misery) - "Willa"
- Alice Munro (Winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature) - "Powers"
- Peter S. Beagle (The Last Unicorn, A Fine and Private Place) - "Dirae"
- Lynn Coady (Winner of the Giller Prize) - "Jesus Christ, Murdeena"
- Peter O'Donnell (Creator and writer of the Modesty Blaise series) - "The Giggle-Wrecker"
- Robert E. Howard (Creator and writer of Conan the Barbarian) - "Sword Woman"
- Van Kunder (Dragon Tears, Trew and Copper) - "Silver Ruby"
- Emma LaRocque (Esteemed Canadian poet) - "The Uniform of the Dispossessed"
- Charles de Lint (Moonheart, The Onion Girl) - "Embracing the Mystery"
- M C Joudrey (Of Violence and Cliché, Charleswood Road) - "Bird in Flight"
- Anaïs Nin (The Journals of Anaïs Nin) - Excerpt from same
- With a foreword by Dahlia Kurtz (Radio talk-show host and writer)
The collection includes photograph plates which accompany each of the short stories (watch the sneak peek video above to catch a glimpse). Photographs are by artists William Self and Anders Homenick.
Here is a look at the book's dust jacket cover artwork:
This project has been three years in the making and we are thrilled to be working with and publishing stories by such talented and recognized authors.
For this project we hope to raise the funds needed for the production and printing costs of the book. The book has been compiled and edited and is almost ready to go to print. The release date is expected to be the fall of this year.
The book will be released in two formats; a limited edition hardcover of only 1000 copies and a softcover trade edition which will follow. Dimensions are 5.5" x 8.5" (hardcover slightly larger) at approximately 350 pages. The limited edition hardcover will come with a beautiful full-colour dust jacket protected with a matte UV anti-scuff finish.
At Bay Press has partnered with the Breast Cancer Society of Canada on this project. Once produced, the book will be made for sale in retail bookstores with proceeds from the sales of the book to be donated entirely to breast cancer research.
As a publisher we believe in the power of the written word. We wanted to do something really special that just might make a difference. This is why we created this book and why we have partnered with the Breast Cancer Society of Canada. We hope you love the book as much as we have enjoyed working on it.
Now, let's bring it to life!
Risks and challenges
We are always conservative with our delivery estimates. Additionally, we pride ourselves on the high quality of our productions and materials used to create our books. All of our books are produced with the utmost time, attention and care. Still, we have been in business long enough to know that there can be production and printing delays due to forces beyond our control. Rest assured, we always tackle these issues with the same careful attention and effort our readers have come to expect from At Bay Press.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)