“ I've died so many times, I'm not quite sure who I am anymore. ”
-Unattributed, scrawled in the margins of the Book of Deeds
The Words and Deeds of the Chain of Tlachic is a system agnostic campaign frame for fantasy roleplaying games. Players play as the Dwarven Chain of Tlachic, a clan of 66 Dwarves that have recently been freed from a thousand years of slavery at the hands of the sorceress queen known as the Red Lady. In the wake of her defeat, the Dwarves begin reclaiming their ancestral home that she made her fortress, recovering the artifacts of their heritage and destroying what’s left of her servitors.
These adventures are deadly, but the Dwarves of Tlachic have a gift: they never die. Whenever a Dwarf falls, they rise again from the Unzerat Forge, and return to the fight in a future session.
What You’ll Find
- A 32+ page, 5" x 8 1/2" Zine with hand drawn artwork.
- A fully adaptable campaign frame, useable across the spectrum of modern and OSR products.
- 15 dungeon levels, with full strategic maps, connected organically and interwoven into a labyrinthine realm of nightmare.
- Narratively powered Deeds and Artifacts, adding fundamental magical truth to whatever Character or Foe they are bestowed upon.
- Rules for expanding your campaign to fit a rotating cast of players.
What You Won’t Find
- Statistic blocks: The Words and Deeds of the Chain of Tlachic is system agnostic, leaving it to users to decide exactly how powerful foes such as the Scarlet Gatekeeper and Commodore Hadrigan are.
- Tactical maps: No five foot squares.
- At $750 we will add 2 more dungeons to each and every copy of the zine.
- At $1250 we will add expanded rules for Fortress improvement to each and every copy of the zine.
John Backers and Joe Young are independent game designers from Cincinnati, Ohio. At the center of a local design group: Okapi Games, they’ve worked together on Du Fromage, a party game about cheese, and the Black Folder, a limited run game anthology zine distributed at GenCon 51.
Risks and challenges
This is our first project on Kickstarter, and also the first product we’ll be fulfilling by mail. We've gone through all the budgeting and are confident that we can deliver. If delays do come up, whether in shipping or production, we will remain transparent with our backers.
As for the product, we’ve been running the frame for over six months with our local group, so it's done and it works, we just need your help making the final push for distribution.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)