Gateway : The Summoning
Gateway : The Summoning
An epic survival multiplayer game set in a world of magic and alchemy.
An epic survival multiplayer game set in a world of magic and alchemy. Read more
Gateway: The Summoning is the survival, sandbox game where you as a one of the Battlemages step into unknown island in order to tame the powers hidden within. Start with nothing else but your wits and survival skills and build your way to the top. Compete with others as a lone mysterious mage living in near impossible to find hideouts or become a leader of one of the Guilds and fight your way to be the strongest. Craft your gear, build your house and prepare to delve deeper into fantasy world of Gateway.
You have been Summoned. Do you have enough courage to answer the Call?
- Multiple Biomes - The Island is a vast and beautiful place. On top of Grassland spread across huge part of the map you can expect challenge in places like Swamp , Desert or even Tundra. Every biome comes with both advantages and disadvantages in terms of resources and creatures lurking around. It will take a lot of dedication and skill to explore and uncover all the mysteries and only You as a Mage have necessary assets to do so.
- Play the way you want - Of course its up to you what part of the map (if any) you will call home. Will you decide to live on top of the mountain and hunt for the rare resources in caves hidden within you build a hut next to the lake where you will be able to enjoy beauty of the sunset while fishing for one of the treasures that hide in the depths? Maybe you don't to stay in one place for too long and you prefer to carry your home with you while you travel across the island? Options are limitless and the choice is yours.
- Environmental Obstacles - The Island has been created to protect its secrets from those who are not strong enough to handle them. Unbearable cold and heat, thunderstorms, tornadoes or even earthquakes are just some of the harsh weather conditions you will have to face in your every day life. You will have to learn and adapt quickly to protect yourself from these abnormal climates or you shall perish alongside with those who came here before you unprepared.
- Sustain & Develop yourself - You are a mortal being and as such there are needs of your body you will have to satisfy that magic can't provide. Food, water, body temperature, wounds or sickness are things you will have to constantly watch out for if you want to grow to be the best. Train yourself in not only magic but in dexterity and strength as well and unleash all of it upon your enemies.
- Habitats - Islands self defense system has developed it's own ecosystem to get rid of all the invaders. Wandering wolf packs, poisonous walking mushrooms, ogres, raised skeletons of unsuccessful adventurers or even dragons, all created in order to stop your efforts but do not fear because you are after all the chosen mage and I'm sure you will take one step at a time to destroy all the resistance.
- Settle down - Have you found a place on the island that you think would be ideal to build a base and call it your own ? Then claim it ! Grab your axe and start gathering materials to make a simple wooden base where you can store your treasures and get some rest between your adventures.
- Upgrade your base - Don't settle for good enough , wooden walls and doors are just the beginning. Get busy, and start gathering more sturdy materials like stone and one of many types of metal. With the advanced building system that the game will offer, you will be able to build secure bases, high towers or enormous castles. Build a greenhouse to grow your own alchemy ingredients or a shed with empty chest inside , just to trick thieves into breaking in and falling into your trap. We want to create a game where the only limitation of what you can build is your own imagination.
- Protect what you own -The high walls and tall towers might protect your from the creatures and animals but be considerate about other players on the island . Some of the players will be more powerful and stubborn enough to tear down your walls and claim your treasures , so make sure that doesn't happen ! Build fences and walls around your base , set up deadly traps and use alchemy to create poisonous traps and bombs or enchant plants to come to life and poison the not welcome guests. Make your house a living hell for intruders to make them remember not to mess with your property!
- Power within - Your calling has not been accidental. You have been chosen as one of the best and one with great potential. You have studied arts of magic and survival for years and now is the time to call upon the greatness you have developed. But the magic of your world is not the only power the Island lets you to harness. As you discover the secrets hidden within you will find ways to obtain some strengths of the habitats that live around the Island. Fighting those giant Ogres was a nightmare? Imagine being able to transform your own hand into one of theirs for a short period of time to smash anything in front of you with a single hit. Need to get somewhere fast? How about sprinting as fast as one of the Islands wolfs by enhancing your leg muscles with their power. It won't be easy to learn and developing even one of those partial transformation will prove to be a challenge even among elite but the rewards will be astonishing.
- Easy to learn, hard to Master - There are many types of magic in Gateway: The Summoning. Starting from elemental standards like fire or ice to more complex like commanding the forces of gravity or even death itself. Will you prefer to fight from afar bringing havoc to your enemies yourself or will you summon an army of puppets to do your bidding. Either way you have to start from basics. You already know how to create a spark of fire but summoning infernal fire elemental to your side will be a bit more tricky. As you progress and use the type of magic you prefer your expertise in it will grow and new options will unlock. Of course you can learn all of the schools or even mixed them up. For example throwing a fire meteor huge enough to annihilate most of normal enemies around the island will require your knowledge not only about fire spells but also school of earth and gravity. We want to you to play the way you want and we shall create as much possibilities as we can to achieve this goal.
- Life Force System - casting spells is not an easy task even for the masters of this art as the power to do so does not come from nothingness. Magic requires great amount of not only knowledge but also Life Force. As you progress you will find out that casting more advanced spells might put way too much strain on your own life and might even be fatal. Obtaining and storing life force from flora and fauna will be crucial for you to advance with your magical knowledge. Fortunately, the Island provides you with many means to obtain it and as you progress new ways will open as well.
Dungeons & Dimensional Cracks
- Caves and Dungeons - Most of the best items and components can be found in caves & dungeons. Caves are smaller, found more often and can be cleared by a single person within reasonably short period of time. Dungeons on the other hand are much more challenging and more time consuming but of course the rewards are much greater than in normal caves. Every dungeon have a series of combat and intellectual challenges that will test you and your friends along the way until you arrive at the treasure room protected by a guardian that will not go down so easily as normal enemies you faced before. Grab your best equipment prepare yourself and invite the people you trust most and venture into the unknown.
- Dimensional Cracks - The Island is connected to many worlds and sometimes anomalies occur. They are called Dimensional Cracks or simply put Breaches and it's something to look out for. First of all they are rare and when or where they will appear is unknown as they are anomaly that should not happen in the first place. They can appear next to your house, in the middle of the battlefield or in the depths of the oceans. The other thing about Breaches is that no one knows what will be on the other side. You can be sent to a small dungeon filled with chests protected by a single guardian or to a world of mostly lava where your survival chances will be close to zero. Is it worth the risk? Oh yes it is. Dimensional Cracks will be one of the most rewarding events and if you are able to clear it be sure to bring a lot of bags with you for all the goodies you will collect. But it's important to mention that these anomalies don't last for long and by waiting for your friends or preparing too long to venture into one of those might make you loose a chance at it.
Loot & Craft
- Advanced Crafting System - Well, on the mystery Island in another dimension there are not many shops around so you will need to learn to put together some tools yourself. Your Magic is strong enough to shatter a rock or cut a tree but it won't so efficient as simply grabbing your old good hatchet you made from a piece of metal you found lying around and a stick you decided looked sturdy enough. Becoming a proper carpenter won't come overnight but you are smart and you know that and you know practice makes perfect and the more weapons, building parts or tools you produce the faster and more efficient you learn to do it. Gateway: The Summoning will allow you to craft different parts of weapons and then putting them together the way you want allowing hundreds of combinations. You found legendary spear head in one the dungeons? Why not use it to craft a dagger instead to suit you assassination needs.
- Experiment & Discover - There are many obvious recipes that you have learned in your world and they work just fine but if you want something more you will have to experiment a little. The Island offers you with tens of new ingredients that are unique to this place and to find out what they do... well sometimes you need to eat that poisonous mushroom but it's for progress so it's fine! Combine different herbs in different quantities to achieve different results and increase you skill in alchemy. Healing potion is a fine brew but what if you add some extra properties to it to make yourself stronger or faster for a short period of time. Collect all the stuff around the Island, brew potions, discover and become the most famous and feared alchemist on the Island!
- Enchant - Magical oils are another way to put your herbs into good use. Adding a bit of magic into a mixture and spreading it on your favorite weapon will add some useful properties that surely will come in handy. Did you craft a pickaxe but it's kind of slow? Simply apply Oil of Haste to it and fuel it some magic from time to time and it will fill your bag with ores in no time. How about Oil of Strength applied to your warhammer to bring even the mighty ogre to it's knees with a single swing? Gateway: The Summoning will offer tens of different enhancement oils so you can choose and personalize your weapons to your liking.
- Relax and enjoy - Gateway: The Summoning is not only about magic and fighting to survive. It's also a place where you can sit down with your finely crafted fishing rod, enjoy the view and spend some quality time without any distractions. Monsters too close to your favorite fishing spot? Cast camouflage spell on yourself and you won't be bothered by them anymore. Don't want to catch anything dangerous? Use different bait. It's up to you how to play and we want you to have as many choices as possible.
- Mysteries of the Deep - Did you ever went on a boat in a lake, sea or ocean and stared into the water wondering what lies inside this great darkness where no light can survive?
- Freedom of combat style - Being a mage doesn't mean you can't swing an axe or shoot a bow. Perhaps you prefer to kill your enemies without them noticing what hit them using your daggers, dexterity and a bit of enchanting magic. Maybe two swords enhanced with different elements or a war hammer with a power to crack the earth open with a single hit. In Gateway: The Summoning we want You to decide what best suits you to bring the most of your combat abilities so you can annihilate any enemy that shows before you.
- Create a guild - If you don't like to fight by yourself there is no real reason to. Find fellow mages who share same ideologies as you and join forces. Together you will benefit from much faster speed of development, better security, higher chances of loot as you progress dungeons and caves much faster in group and much much more. Become a strong leader who will get your friends to the top, clash with other Guilds in epic wars of mages, protect the order or create chaos. It's really up to you how your Legend will be known. Show the world of Gateway who you truly are.
- Fight over resources - Getting the best gear and best possible base will require some resource collection. Of course materials like wood and stone won't be hard to find and even if you cleared all your neighborhood from trees the Island will shortly regenerate itself. The problem starts with more exotic materials like meteor shards or leather from more rare animals that inhabit the Island. Getting your hands on a steady source of those would not be as challenging if not to a fact that every mage on the island wants those too! Bring war to those who take what you think is rightfully yours and be decisive about it. Much bigger guild is taking all the sweet spots? Well you are a mage after all and as one you will be given more than one trick to overcome situations like these so no worries and I assure you won't get bored. Of course there are few peaceful solutions like trading or taking turns it's up to you really.
Game Development is not a cheap business and to bring up the best possible quality for you guys in the Gateway: The Summoning we need your help. 100% of money from kickstarter ( minus taxes T_T) will be put into making this game as good as possible and to make the Island as realistic and breath taking experience as possible. We ask for 20k not without a reason. Once we release the game we don't want players to enter buggy and laggy servers but rather to experience our vision of the game and have one of the best time in their lives. Here's our financial plan to give you an idea how we want to use the money.
Prices include worldwide shipping. Items will be carefully packed in protective cases.
Neradox Interactive has been founded one year ago and since then our team has been working on our first project Gateway: The Summoning. We are all in our mid twenties with years of experience in software and game development where we wish to stay till our last breath. Our dream and goal is to create the worlds as realistic as possible so everyone who plays them forgets about everything else and Gateway: The Summoning is our first step to achieve that dream. Here's a quick info about all of us.
Risks and challenges
Everything worth achieving is usually hard and we believe Gateway: The Summoning is no exception. It's a big project and not the easiest one and although during our months of development we came across many challenges we are more than aware that it's just the beginning. One way or another we are 100% sure that Gateway will see the light. Why? Because we already made quite a big progress on our way here. We are more than half way there to release playable demo but the problem is time and funding. We all work our day jobs to keep ourselves fed and what little money we save we put into the project. This is why we decided to ask you guys for a helping hand. If this pre-sale will succeed it will remove a big strain from and it will allow us to release the game much MUCH faster and we promise that once you get your copy you won't regret it.
Gateway: The Summoning is our dream and passion and no matter what happens it will be made and released with all our hearts.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)