Lost Dimension Portable Wargaming Terrain
Lost Dimension Portable Wargaming Terrain
A simple modular 2D terrain option for miniature war gamers that's extremely portable, storable, and most importantly affordable!
A simple modular 2D terrain option for miniature war gamers that's extremely portable, storable, and most importantly affordable! Read more
About this project
My goal is to produce the initial line of Lost Dimension Terrain. This means acquiring the necessary equipment. Such as sublimation printing equipment, heat press, die cutter, numerous custom dies, as well as building the final high quality masters.
The terrain itself comes in approximately 28mm or 15mm scale options. It's eloquently simple, extremely portable / store-able, includes modular elements, while still being aesthetically pleasing to play on. Each pieces of terrain is only 1/8th of an inch thick but still provide a nice atmosphere to any game table.
Competitive players, or even fans of ranked combat games, might enjoy the fact this terrain doesn't get in the way of your models. Why even if you prefer 3D terrain our 2D river or road systems may appeal to you.
*Update 11/1 - A Choice of Scale
All terrain add-ons & pledge levels are now available in both 28mm and or 15mm scale! Don't worry if a reward level does not state which scale it is. You will simply be surveyed at the close of this project for your choice(s) of scale.
Below are some example demo boards showcasing what just a few types/shapes of the 28mm terrain are capable of ( board is approximately 19"x19").
Here are just a few of my current prototype pieces & concept works. The finished products will be of a significantly higher quality & detail.
Water & bridge prototypes
Forest & rolling hill
Walls & rocky obstruction
Buildings / Structures
Cobblestone & Dirt Roads (25-30mm)
Dirt Road (15mm)
Paved Roads Concepts, New & Distressed (15mm will include lane markings etc).
Zones concept artwork (work in progress, the finished piece will be similar to the other terrain examples above).
Persistent Effect Markers/Templates (work in progress)
Blast or Wreck Concept (work in progress)
Lastly here are some examples of the various terrain & template dimensions.
Zones, objectives & Flags Examples
Modular river & bridge
Small shapes examples
Medium shapes examples
Large shapes examples
Simply pledge for which ever reward tier you'd like and add the following amount to the pledge.
Forests + $10
- Forests Set! A great option to include some basic rough terrain / concealment. Includes a variety of different shapes for each type listed: large forest (2), medium forest (2), and small forest (2). At the conclusion of this project you will be surveyed for which scale terrain you want 28mm or 15mm.
Lake & Ponds + $10
- Includes a selection from the available shapes: large lake (2), Medium Lake (2), and small pond (3). At the conclusion of this project you will be surveyed for which scale terrain you want 28mm or 15mm.
Wreck / Blast Markers + $10
- Includes the following: Colossal 120mm (1), Heavy 50mm (4), and Light 40mm (4)
Persistent Effect Templates + $15
- Includes one selection from the following themes per pledge amount: Smoke, Poison, Fire, Rough Terrain, Forest, and Water. Includes the following items per selection: 5 Inch (2), 4 Inch (3), 3 Inch (4). and one linear 4"x0.75" (1).
Small Effect Templates (50mm Variety Set) + 15
- Includes two of each Smoke, Poison, Fire, Rough Terrain,and Water as well as one a Linear version of each type (4"x0.75").
Zones, Flags & Objectives + $15
- Includes: 12 inch circle (2), 6x12 inch rectangle (2), 50mm objective (4), and 40mm flag (4).
Village Set + $15
- Includes selections from the available shapes: medium house/structure (2), small house/structure (8), as well as 2 small accessories. At the conclusion of this project you will be surveyed for which scale terrain you want 28mm or 15mm.
Modular River Set + $25
- Includes selections from the available shapes: long straightaway (3), medium straightaway (3) slight bends (3), sharp bends (3), pond end cap (1), river fork (1), and bridge (2). At the conclusion of this project you will be surveyed for which scale terrain you want 28mm or 15mm.
Bare Bones Table Set + $25
- Includes a variety of small, medium and large options as well as a variety of different shapes for each type listed. Such as the following terrain types with the total quantities: hills (4) , forests (4), rocky obstructions (4), stone ruins (2), pond (2) and even modular walls (strait & curved, 4 each). At the conclusion of this project you will be surveyed for which scale terrain you want 28mm or 15mm.
Roads Set + $30
- Includes one set of either 28mm or 15mm from the following road themes per pledge amount: dirt, cobblestone, new paved, or deteriorated paved. The set comes with the following: long straightaway (4), medium straightaway (4) slight bends (4), sharp bends (4), fork (1), 3 way intersection (1), 4 way intersection (1). At the conclusion of this project you will be surveyed for which scale terrain you want 28mm or 15mm.
If you have already pledged and wish to add on more, just follow these steps.
Press the Manage Your Pledge Button. If you have not pledged yet it will say Back this Project. Increase your pledge in the Pledge Amount box by the total of the add-ons you want to add. Do not change the tier you are currently pledged at, unless you also want to change it while you are on this screen. You will then need to add the total of your add-ons onto the amount of the new tier you chose.
I've lots of fun stretch goal ideas if this product proves successful. Such as alternate terrain themes and additional template options. The sky's the limit once the initial project goal has been reached and I'm open to the wargaming communities ideas and suggestions.
I'd love to bring this war-gaming terrain to life, but I can only do so with your support!
Risks and challenges
For a project like this the only major risk is delays. Whether that's delays due to materials from suppliers, general setup or equipment issues, or simply production delays.
Knowing this, as well as taking into consideration our current experience in producing products in house, we are confident in our estimated delivery date.
If however an unforeseen delay does occur all customers will be proactively notified and kept up to date of their orders.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)