The Headshot Truck is a mobile photography studio tailor-made for actors.
Fast. Fun. Affordable. It's the best way to get shot in LA!
Our goal is to take care of the acting community. In order to achieve our innovative approach to headshots that utilizes the latest in cutting edge photographic technology and wireless connectivity, we need to raise at least $20,000 (in an all-or-nothing funding fight to the death).
About The Headshot Truck
The Headshot Truck was dreamed up in 2012 by photographer Adam Hendershott, whose own acting career spanned from the age of 6-26. After years of stressful and expensive headshot sessions and a few unfortunate reshoots, the whole process left him feeling generally jaded and apathetic about the whole process. Then, to make a long story short, he started his photography career in 2005, and officially quit acting in 2008.
Cut to 2014: Like many good ideas, The Headshot Truck was just a passing thought that kept nagging and nagging until he paid attention. He finally partnered with two badass experts, Will and Zac, to bring his concept for systematically efficient, affordable, stellar headshots to life. No more trial and error. No guesswork. No gouging actors for a photo of their face, just so they can start their career. Just instant gratification and an awesome team.
Goals & Wishlist
We need your help to bring our project to life. We've already purchased the vehicle, but we need $20,000 to pimp it out. That might seem like a lot of money to raise, but we've done our research and the bills add up!
The important thing to remember with our campaign is that it's an all-or-nothing deal. If we don't raise the $20,000 we won't get anything. It's an all or nothing gamble, but with your generosity we know we can succeed!
We've been able to test out the entire system by borrowing all the needed equipment but now we need vehicle-specific gear that will make the process mobile, safer, and more enjoyable.
So what exactly are we spending all this money on? Read below for an abbreviated list of where it will all go:
Like we said, we've already dug deep into our own pockets to purchase our beautiful Chevy step van. But in order to make it a fully mobile photography studio we need to have a generator and A/C unit built into the vehicle. The cost for this step alone is a whopping $10,000.
Beyond that, we need to purchase and install lights, monitors, backdrops, as well as key safety features. We also need to add our logo and graphics. You can get a sneak preview of what the finished exterior of the truck would like below. How cool is that?!
In addition to those vehicle expenses, there are a number of elements we need to purchase in order to create our custom wireless image review system. This is a huge deal and we're so excited to share it with the world!
Below is a quick sample of our first few shoot dates aboard the truck we purchased. For more images click here.
The Headshot Truck is an all-inclusive, mobile photography studio where actors can get their headshots done.
- Customized experience for actors, by actors. Every person behind creating the process and on board the truck has performing experience, so we all just get it. We've built a system that we would all want to use as actors, so we know you'll love it too.
- Team of Experts. We've assembled a stellar team of experts to take care of you while you're on board the truck. Every session offers an experienced headshot photographer, makeup artist and wardrobe consultant to guide you through the process. No newbies. No experimenting. No guess work.
- Fully equipped studio. We've packed a small space with all the amenities a full-sized studio has: a makeup station, wardrobe station, music, lights, cameras, and computer equipment. With a successful Kickstarter campaign, we'll also be able to purchase a new heating and cooling system, and a generator to power everything we need, no matter where we are parked for the day.
- Wireless Review System. With our cutting edge wireless system, you can see your images on a large monitor in real time, as they are being taken! Make whatever adjustments you want, and know exactly what you're getting during your session. Instant gratification!
- Reliable. With a fully contained and carefully crafted process aboard our self-sustained mobile studio, we will be able to operate and deliver what you need, anytime, anywhere. Rain or shine, any time of the year - you can be sure you're getting the photos you need, every time.
- Mobile. We bring our expert team and tricked out studio to you - at your acting school, your agent's office, or even your home!
- Fun. You're on a truck. With kindred spirits. Just hanging out.
- Free and easy image delivery. You get a shareable online gallery that is easy to navigate. You get a free download of all of your high resolution images. No hidden fees. No waiting for a disc in the mail.
- Affordable. Get a high quality process and product, with some fun and convenience, all at a fraction of the cost.
Meet the Team
Oops!… he did it again. Specializing in celebrity portraits and children’s fashion for the last 8 years just wasn’t enough. Adam is the founder of The Headshot Truck and is stoked to shoot s’more rad peeps. After acting for 20 years, Adam truly understands how mundane headshot shoots can be, and has devised a brand-new, comfy, fun experience for actors. Born and raised in SoCal, he’s the kind of guy that says ‘dude’ and ‘awesome’ a lot. If his laugh doesn’t make you laugh, you’re not a real human being.
Despite having grown up on the stage, Will has always been a born entrepreneur. After spending an unholy amount of money on an MFA, he’s recently become focused on helping other actors attain their goals for a lot less. Right before teaming up with Adam, Will launched a design-your-own cookie company while raising his puppy, Potus. When he’s not managing the operations of The Headshot Truck, Will can usually be found within close proximity of a bottle of Snapple.
As they say, behind every great man… Well, you get it. In addition to being Adam’s secret weapon/high school sweetheart/wife/partner in crime since forever, Sylvia’s extra badass expertise comes from a very expensive piece of paper that says she graduated from USC with a major in Dramatic Arts, as well as years of experience coaching actors through their headshot and publicity photoshoots. A Burbank girl to the core, she gives mad props to actors who make the tough choices, sacrifices and cross-country (and international!) moves to follow their dream. Commit!
Zac, Digital Tech
Suffering a lifelong psychological affliction forcing him to use at least one screwdriver on any broken object, push every button within arms length, and to actually read the instruction manual, Zac has developed a habit for making stuff work. After a sojourn to Nashvegas to get a diploma and a discovery that, like many native Floridians, he requires sunlight 12 months of the year Zac relocated to SoCal where the photo shoots are as abundant as the UV rays.
Vanessa, Hair and Make-up
Vanessa started as an actress but knew she also wanted to be a makeup artist when she was cast in a series of shampoo commercials and found herself mercilessly hounding the makeup artist about every move he made until he finally sat down and showed her exactly what he was doing. A second career was born and she’s been powdering noses ever since! She’s originally from Philadelphia; loves cheese steaks; and is adamantly pro-lip-gloss-choice.
Steph, Photography Assistant
Steph is a blue jean baby, L.A. lady. Born and raised in Eagle Rock, Steph is happy to be back in sunny Southern California to pursue photography after spending the last 4 years in the Bay Area getting her B.A. in Italian Studies from UC Berkeley. She was quite the thespian while at Immaculate Heart High School and is stoked to be able to work with actors once again. Some of her favorite things are unsweetened iced tea, Lana Del Rey, denim on denim, good tattoos, and of course, her film camera.
How does Kickstarter work?
Here's the deal with Kickstarter: we won’t get ANY of the money if we don’t reach our goal! Unless we raise the total of $20,000, we don't get a single penny (and you won't get charged). Every dollar helps us reach our goal.
If you don't have money to pledge, help us out by spreading the word. A post on your Facebook page or a tweet about our campaign could do wonders for us. Help us spread the word about our Kickstarter campaign and how they too can become a part of our exciting project.
How do I help?
First and foremost, Kickstarter is totally safe. We don't get access to your credit card information, so no worries there. To help us reach our goal, simply:
1. Click on the "Back This Project" button at the top of the page.
2. Enter your pledge amount and select your reward.
3. Create your account and enter your credit card information.
4. Spread the word! This step is key. Share our campaign on Facebook, Twitter, email or carrier pigeon.
And you're done! Thank you so much for your support!
Risks and challenges
As with any brand new idea, there will be unforeseen hurdles to overcome and new challenges to problem solve. In order to anticipate each scenario, we have assembled a dream team of experts to help create The Headshot Truck.
We are collaborating with several industry professionals (agents and managers) in order to solidify the expectations and needs our product and process must meet.
We have a technological team that is handling the back-end system, from lighting and camera equipment, to digital processing with our real time image review system, to data management and image delivery.
Our first priority at The Headshot Truck is to take care of our acting community, making sure to anticipate and address every concern.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)