The In2Chess eBoard helps both beginners and experienced chess players improve their skills instantly in any given game.
Built around a simple vision, we have created a fast and intuitive chess board that is functional and beautiful at the same time.
The eBoard looks unlike any other chess board. By rethinking the game experience, we reinvented the entire concept on how a modern chess board should look.
All the elements that define a great chess experience are included in the eBoard. In addition, our advanced embedded functions help players of all levels reach their real potential.
The eBoard App enables the chess players to set up the game in a way that fits their level of expertise (and full adjustments can be made throughout the game).
With the use of Split configuration, it is possible to tailor (turn on and off) the game settings Rule Guidance, Best Move and Learning Mode on each side of the eBoard.
- Rules Guidance helps the player to understand the chess rules without any previous knowledge of chess
- Best Move is computer aided help from the chess engine. It guides the player to the strongest calculated position against the opponent. The chess engine (Stockfish 10) is one of the strongest chess engines in the world and contains 20 levels of difficulties
- Learning Mode will enable the player to gain the best possible position against the chess engine. Learning Mode shows the player what the chess engine expects to be the strongest move against its own calculation and thereby teach the player to think before moving own chess piece
- Assisted Help guides the player to get out of a stocked position. It can be used in any given game setting on the eBoard.
- Player2Player connects you with anyone, anywhere with the usage of our advanced App. It is possible to play against another eBoard owner or even another chess player without an eBoard by sending an e-mail from our App including a weblink to enable chess gaming across platforms (eBoard to Web Browser) or (eBoard to in2Chess App)
- Analytics utilize Best Move calculations in the background from the chess engine. It enables you to play the game all over again from scratch with Best Move highlighted on all the moves played in the game. Analytics will teach you as a player to understand the strongest underlying game possibilities in order to improve your future chess games
The eBoard Frame is made by white ABS and the game area is a laser cut opal acrylic perspex material.
- 6 hours of battery life on a single charge (8 x NiMH batteries)
- Board Size 370 x 370 x 25 mm (14.57 x 14.57 x 0.98 inches)
- Square Size 40 x 40 mm (1.57 x 1.57 inches)
- Weight 3.2 Kilo (7.06 pounds)
- Dimming of light intensity in 16 levels
- 2 ARM processors
- 1 USB port
- 1 Buzzer (sound)
- Bluetooth connectivity
- App Chess Software (Stockfish 10)
Risks and challenges
For the past months, our team has been working to get the production and logistics in place. There could be unexpected risks that can arise during the pilot production.
First of all is the component shortage. When working on electronics this is the main risk that one should face. We are working with different suppliers to ensure we can have an alternative if something goes wrong with our manufacturers. We are only using standard components in our electronics design to avoid shortage. This help us to change supplier if we are running into a shortage of components.
The second is a delay on the delivery caused from a production issue during all the production chain. From a wrong design to an assembly issue. To mitigate this, we have spent many hours testing our prototypes in corporation with our suppliers to avoid any design problem in production.
The third and last is iOS support. We are currently in the designing phase with iOS. The Bluetooth connection is working towards iOS devices, but we need to evolve the app software. The chess engine needs to be connected to the Bluetooth communication layer in the app. If we can’t get the chess engine to work with the communication layer of the used iOS device (iPhone or iPad) we will utilize a local software company to develop the needed app software.
We understand and acknowledge that no project comes without risk and challenges. Despite our planning, there are circumstances that may be out of our control. If we are met with these, we promise to communicate with full transparency to you.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)