To Stretch or not to Stretch? That is the question.
We originally set a Stretch Goal threshold at around $75,000. We hadn't expected to hit it so quickly, let alone in just a few hours! The intense demand for 3Doodler meant that all hands were on deck answering your questions and making sure we were keeping up with your needs.
But now it's finally time to talk about stretching:
We thought about putting a bunch of stretch goals out there. Ambitious. Lofty. And very very cool. But at the same time we are super committed to nailing the execution of the 3Doodler and getting it into your hands this Fall.
So here's what we are going to do. We're going to lay it all out there. Instead of stretch goals, we're going to tell you what we had in mind, get your feedback, work up designs, and when we are happy with the result and we know for sure that we can execute, we'll press go and make it happen. That may be during the KS period or after. But either way you'll be getting products you love, and which we know we can deliver.
The most popular requests to date have been for a holder and for different 3Doodler Pen Tips. See the image below for what we have in mind...
A holder designed to carry your tips and keep everything in one place.
Here are some key data points:
- The holder is made of a single piece of high temp ABS plastic.
- This means that the 3Doodler's metal tip will not melt the inside of the holder.
- The holder will be black, the same color as the current model of the 3Doodler.
- The approximate size of the unit will be 100mm (l) x 60mm (w) x 40-50mm (h).
- The holder is currently designed to carry four separate pen tips (see below).
- The Thin Tip - this will be a 0.1mm extrude, producing a thin wispy line.
- The Medium Tip - this will be a 0.8mm extrude, twice the size of the current tip.
- The Super Tip - this will be a 1.2mm extrude for super chunky 3Doodling.
- The Ribbon - a wide, thin extrude, for a flat line of plastic. Like linguine. Yum.
The tips are removable and unscrew from the 3Doodler using a small wrench (which we will provide with the kit).
Obviously we need to fine tune these tips to provide the best outputs. But rest assured we will be providing you with four separate tips for four different functions.
So let's do this, tell us what you think?
Please hashtag any Comments with #3DoodlerHolder so that we can easily find them and collate them later on.
The 3Doodler Team