A New Era: Production Update 1
Hello residents of Gloomhaven!
When I first started writing weekly updates after the end of the Kickstarter, I certainly did not anticipate writing 37 of them. If you look at the project page, I was pretty confident we were going to get all the pre-production stuff done by January.
Turns out I was about 5 months off, which is an uncomfortable amount of months. I don't like being wrong on such a massive scale, and I apologize for that.
The good news is, though, that the game really did become as wonderful as I had envisioned, and the production process is now underway, just 5 months late. For those of you doing the math at home, since the initial projection was May, that now puts us at a projection of October (or maybe late September). Now that things are out of my unpredictable hands, this projection should be far more accurate.
So, what has been going on these last two weeks? Well, the factory has now been over all the files. There were a lot, and they had a lot of questions, and there was a long process of clarifying things and fixing things that weren't right and uploading updated files.
I think we are now at a point where all questions have been settled, so we will move forward with making a new white box sample and also proof sheets of all the printed materials. Proof sheets are large physical sheets of all the cards and mats and books in the game. Once they send those over, Josh and I will spend some time poring over them looking for errors. And once we approve everything, the actual printing will begin.
So in two weeks, I should have pictures to share of that stuff, but for now, that's all the news I have. Well, that and I have started working on the skeleton-slaying video. There are about 3000 names to get through, so it may be another month before I finish things up with that.
Until next time!