A Bit of Delay: Post-Kickstarter week 22
How's it going, residents of Gloomhaven?
All right, so first of all, I have a new rule book for you. We're just going to avoid the whole Dropbox debacle that happened last week and go directly to Google Drive. You can find it here!
Now, like the scenario book, not all suggestions were incorporated, though I greatly appreciate everyone who took the time to look it over. Also, if you made suggestions within the last day or so, they may not be incorporated yet. And there was some stuff I noticed that we haven't fixed yet either.
Basically, I'm saying this is still a work in progress. We'll probably have a new version for you next week, too.
I have the surveys all written up, but they haven't been sent out yet. I'm still waiting on one last element, then you'll get them. They'll get sent out over the weekend, or Monday at the latest.
Now then, as I enter the third week of getting this 100+ page scenario book laid out and looking pretty, and lots of other stuff is starting to build up on the sidelines, I guess it's time to embrace the reality of the situation I've created for myself.
We're looking at more delays.
The bottom line is that there is a significant amount of work left to do, and the last thing I want is to rush this project out the door. Most of the work, outside of the scenario book, is what I would consider little stuff, but when you're talking about a game with 13 pounds' worth of components, the little stuff can add up quickly. And when you're goal is to deliver a truly fantastic game to your backers, sometimes it's the little stuff that is the most important.
If one screw is loose on that space shuttle, you could end up with the world's most expensive firework, and that's not good at all.
Plus, I think my manufacturer is starting to get a grasp of just how massive this project is as well, and even if things go perfectly on his end, he seems apprehensive of being able to deliver the games by July. With all of these components and sealed envelope construction, we're probably going to need a lot of back-and-forth to make sure everything is perfect. We still haven't worked out an official timeline, but I'm starting to see the writing on the wall regardless.
So what does this mean exactly? Well, we still need to wait and see at this point, but I just thought it fair to warn you that a July delivery at this point is looking less likely, and it's possible things may get pushed back until September. Stay tuned, and I'll let you know more details when I know them.
Sorry to end on that sad news, but that's all I have for this week. Have a good night! Until next time!