SpaTap is a pocket-sized, portable, Eco-friendly device.
SpaTap attaches to any bottle filled with water to produce a water saving, flow controllable tap or shower.
To See SpaTap in action in a Sport setting and hear what Kylie Mckenzie Volunteer of the Year has to say about SpaTap just click here.
The SpaTap is useful for sites that lack mains water such as camping, beach, the side of a sports pitch, or remote and under-developed communities.
WHY IS SPATAP ECO FRIENDLY?
- SpaTap saves water (20 hand washes for a 2L bottle)
- SpaTap recycles/upcycles plastic bottles
- Leave bottle in the Sun for a hot wash
- Made from medical grade silicone that is fully recyclable
APPLICATIONS FOR SPATAP
- Hand washing / Showering
- Water Saving
- First Aid / Hydration / Cooling Heat Stress
- Emergencies / Disaster Zones / Refugee Camps
- Camping / Caravan / Festivals
- Car / Automobile
- Food washing
- Hand-washing station / Outside Toilets / Field kitchens
- Sport / Trekking / Surfing / Fishing
- Cleaning Children / Babies
- In the garden / plants / BBQ
SEE HOW SURFERS USE SPATAP
SpaTap can be installed anywhere by hanging or holding to provide an instant wash.
- Simple Operation
- Portable / Versatile / Durable
USE IN THE DEVELOPING WORLD
By backing us you will be help us with our long term ambition of taking SpaTap to the developing world. Diarrhoea and respiratory tract infections are the two biggest killers of children and hand washing improves the health and hygiene of people without reliable water supplies. The soap or cleaning agent easily fits on top of the bottle making it accessible instantly.SpaTap’s future goal is to provide every child and adult access to their own tap.
WHY IS SPATAP SAFE?
- Medical grade material, means you can eat drink and wash from it
- Anti bacterial and anti microbial material
- Easily cleaned, easily used
WHY IS IT CHILD FRIENDLY?
- The simple design means children intuitively know how to operate it.
- Children love the novelty of the device
- Future development will allow us to make SpaTap in pink and blue with funny faces printed on them
THE STORY SO FAR
This project began a few years back when I first moved to Australia and noticed how hot water became if it was left in a bottle inside a car. This started me thinking about the best delivery system for this free hot water. I decided to design a mobile tap that used discarded bottles and provided the maximum number of washes out of the minimum amount of water, that is Eco friendly.
After my initial 'garage
prototypes', I finally held in my hands the most beautiful and
effective tap I could have wished for!
SpaTap was born.
The manufactured product, will be antimicrobial and FDA approved for food and water grade material (you can eat and drink from it and smash it with a sledge hammer)
We now need to make a steel cast and meet minimum requirements from the manufacturers.
Buy SpaTap preserve water, prevent waste.
Please share our link and back our project to get SpaTap into your hands!
WHERE WE ARE AT
We’ve been working on SpaTap for nearly 2 years now. The SpaTap that you see in the video is a real, working prototype but it is made with a 3d printer so it is a hard plastic like material.
The final product will be made of blue rubber silicone, so it will be stretchy, anti-microbial and virtually unbreakable.
With your support, we can put SpaTap onto plastic bottles
worldwide, have showers and stop waste.
We are close to entering production, we have established every part of the manufacture and supply chain.
Your contribution will help fund:
- Production tooling - This will take up to 14 Weeks
- Manufacturers Minimum order requirements MOQ – Our Manufactures have told us once we have made the MOQ order it will take a week to produce the units
- Delivery to us - The first shipment will be delivered to us from Melbourne via courier this will take 3 days
- Delivery to You – Once we have received the SpaTap part, our SpaTeam assembly line will send to you via post. We estimate this will take one week to fulfil.
Total Time from the end of the Kickstarter until you have your first shower or wash will be approximately 18 weeks.
After you have received your SpaTap the we encourage you to send us photos of you washing.
Please keep in mind that the product shown is a prototype. The appearance/design of the final product is subject to change
SpaTap Patent Pending.
Trademark Registration 'Spatap'
for more videos and info
Risks and challenges
Production of the steel mold and to fulfill our manufactures MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) is all we need to go forwards now. As you probably know, It costs a great deal of money to launch a new product and all of our savings and personal monies have gone in. There is no going back.
There is a definite need for this product in the domestic outdoor market and countless applications in the developing world.
Our biggest challenge is getting SpaTap and our health and hygiene message in front of the right people.
We’re totally confident that this project will be completed. We've covered everything from ensuring there are no IP infringements to stop the project in its tracks, to sourcing all suppliers who are now on standby and waiting for us to place an order.
Thanks for backing us,
please feel free to email any questions
- (30 days)