Lore of the Gods was originally published in 2007 in the latter days of the d20/3.x System just before 4th edition was announced. In the years since, the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game has emerged to the forefront as a worthy successor by taking the d20 ruleset and bending it to their will. Now that the years have passed, it is time to revisit this book and redo it for Pathfinder. The manuscript is complete and edited. All that remains is layout and printing and then it will be available for sale in your game stores.
Lore of the Gods: PFRPG Edition brings together some of the most favored pantheons and deities and allows you to insert them into your Pathfinder campaign. Choose from Egyptian, Greek, Mesopotamian, and Norse deities. Visit your favorite mythological hero and monster. Choose from mythological artifacts and magic items along with new spells and domains. New templates and prestige classes that are relevant to certain deities and pantheons are presented in this large 400+ page tome.
Cover art by Jeremy McHugh.
Written by Steven Creech, Tim Hitchcock, and Kevin Ruesch with additional design by Troye Grgurin, Todd Laing, Kevin Melka, and Justin Sluder.
This book provides material that a GM may use to enhance his campaign. It is not the intention of the authors to create a historically accurate interpretation of each deity, but rather to explain the deity in gaming terms that fit the rules of the Pathfinder®/OGL gaming system and add an element of enjoyment that fits within the confines of the game itself. Religions depicted for the purposes of gaming should not be misinterpreted as actual religious practices, even when there is historical precedence concerning the specific religion.
Chapter One discusses avatars, avatar construction, ascending to divinity, and provides a brief recap of SRD salient abilities.
Chapter Two examines the Egyptian gods and their influences. It describes each in terms of their specific enneads or trinities as they were worshiped in the various cultural centers, which arose in different parts of Ancient Egypt.
Chapter Three examines the Greek gods. Not only are the prominent Olympian gods featured, but also some of the lesser known Primordial deities and Titans.
Chapter Four delves into the Mesopotamian pantheon. Here you will recognize familiar names appearing throughout many fantasy role-playing games in their historical context of Ancient Mesopotamia.
Chapter Five presents the Norse gods and includes the history behind Ragnarok, the prophesized end of the world. The fate of each deity as they relate to Ragnarok is also given, including how they are supposed to die in the great battle among the gods.
Chapter Six provides the statistics for some of the more famous heroes in the various mythologies in Pathfinder®/OGL game terms.
Chapter Seven covers magical creations and divine artifacts. Here you will find the descriptions of the many different artifacts favored by the deities along with magic items that have relevance to specific pantheons.
Chapter Eight presents new prestige classes that have foundations based upon their appropriate pantheon or mythology. Game Masters or players who wish to achieve a more culturally centered feel to their campaigns or characters will use these classes wisely.
Chapter Nine outlines new skills and how they apply to the various mythologies or from a historical perspective. You will note that several avatars and prestige classes make use of these skills.
Chapter Ten outlines new spells and domains as relevant to the four pantheons detailed in this book.
Chapter Eleven lists the various creatures, monsters and lesser powers that often serve as antagonists for the various mythologies. Here you will find beings that are benevolent, neutral, or truly evil, capable of challenging even epic characters.
At the end of this Kickstarter, backers will be able to purchase certain older Bastion Press titles at a discounted price, electronic PDF copies, extra copies of Lore of the Gods: PFRPG Edition and Torn Asunder: Critical Hits PFRPG Edition, along with autographed copies of books that come from Steve's author copies inventory.
If you wish to select an Add-On before the conclusion of this Kickstarter, you may increase your pledge level by the total cost of the Add-Ons and include a note stating which titles you desire. You will still be allowed to include other Add-Ons once this Kickstarter has ended.
The following Bastion Press titles are available for $2.00 each:
- Allies & Adversaries
- Friends and Familiars
The following Bastion Press titles are available for $5.00 each:
- Into the Black: A Guide to Below
- Into the Green: A Guide for Forests, Jungles, Woods and Plains
- Out for Blood: A Guide to Vampires and Those That Hunt Them
- Pale Designs: A Poisoner's Handbook
- Spells and Magic
The following titles have limited availability and will be out of print once sold. They are available on a first come, first served basis:
- Airships (only 1 copy available/2 SOLD!!) $20.00 each (limit 1 per backer)
- Faeries (1 copy available) $25.00--SOLD!!
- Into the Blue (26 copies available) $7.00 each (limit 2 per backer)
Autographed Books - These copies from my personal author copies inventory and will be signed by Steve Creech and Kevin Ruesch (where applicable.
- Arms & Armor v3.5 2004 Gen Con Special Edition Softcover (d20/3.x/OGL) (1 copy available) $20.00 - This book was part of a special run that premiered at 2004 Gen Con. It does NOT include the e-Tools/PC Gen files. --SOLD!
- Arms & Armor v3.5 (d20/3.x/OGL) Hardcover (1 copy available) $20.00 --SOLD!!
- Into the Green: A Guide for Forests, Jungles, Woods and Plains (d20/3.x/OGL) $5.00
- Oathbound: Arena (d20/3.x/OGL)(1 copy available) $10.00 --SOLD!
- Oathbound: Mysteries of Arena (d20/3.x/OGL) ($15.00) $15.00 --SOLD!
- Pale Designs: A Poisoner's Handbook (d20/3.x/OGL) $5.00
- Torn Asunder Critical Hits (d20/3.x/OGL) (1 copy available/ 1 SOLD!!) $7.00 - Note: This is NOT the Pathfinder version of Critical Hits.
- Dweomercraft: Familiars (d20/3.x/OGL) (2 copies available) $10.00 **This is an autographed copy signed by the primary developer and author, Steven Creech. This book was published by Dark Quest Games.** --SOLD!!
- Denizens of Freeport (d20/3.x/OGL) (1 copy available) $8.00 **This book will be autographed by contributing author, Steven Creech. The book was published by Green Ronin.** --SOLD!!
- Redhurst: Academy of Magic (d20/3.x/OGL) (1 copy available) $10.00 **This book will be autographed by contributing editor, Steven Creech. This book was published by Human Head.**--SOLD!!
DragonWing Games printed books - Need to pick up a spare copy or two? Here's your opportunity.
- Darkwalkers: The Evil Within (d20/3.x/OGL) $24.00
- Torn Asunder: Critical Hits PFRPG Edition $24.00
- Lore of the Gods: PFRPG Edition $49.00
Electronic Books $9.00 each
The following book are available for purchase as an e-book:
Arms & Armor v 3.5, Airships, Doom Striders, Faeries, Guildcraft, Into the Black, Into the Blue, Into the Green, Out for Blood, Pale Designs: A Poisoner's Handbook, Spells & Magic
- $5000 Autographed copies - All Backers at the Devout, Zealot, Avatar, Retailer and Gaming Group Special levels will receive autographed copies of Lore of the Gods: PFRPG Edition.
- $6000 Lore of the Gods: PFRPG Edition will be printed in hardcover format.
- $7000 Lore of the Gods: PFRPG Edition will be printed in full color.
Risks and challenges
This is DragonWing's first Kickstarter but not our first book. The team behind it are responsible for some of the most recognized books that Bastion Press published in the days of d20/3.5. In terms of the risk, the product is already complete and only lacks going through the layout process and being sent to the printer. In short, the book will be released in both electronic and print formats. There is no risk in that regard. As always, unforeseen circumstances may happen, but at the most, it will only delay the project slightly and not prevent the publication.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)