Let’s talk craft supplies. Those who know me will tell you that I am all about crafting, and when it comes to craft supplies I just can’t get enough! There is so much out there and I want to try it all! So here I am, hopping from website to website and driving to stores big and small, always on the hunt. It’s a lot of fun, but it takes time, patience, and of course planning (especially if you want to save some money.)
What if I could share my passion for crafting, shopping, and trying new products with others? I can save you the time and effort of searching for coordinating products, introduce you to some things you may not have found otherwise and most importantly, give you more time to craft! Plus, who doesn’t love getting a package in the mail?!
So, what exactly is Crafted?
Crafted is a bi-monthly subscription box, filled with cute and coordinated craft supplies, great for card making, scrapbooking, planner decorating, and other paper craft projects! The products in the box will be from an assortment of different brands, all carefully coordinated by me, making it easy to start your project. Each box will include a variety of supplies such as washi tape, stamps, ink, stickers, tools, glitter, and ephemera to name a few! Boxes will include a combination of full sized and sample sized products from well known companies to smaller independent ones. This will give you a chance to try out all kinds of things and discover new favorites. I want each box to feel like you are receiving a gift from a friend, rather than just a boring bundle of the items you ordered. It should be just as fun to open your box as it will be to use the items!
You can subscribe bi-monthly, or pre-pay for 3 boxes (6 months) or 6 boxes (1 year.) I will personally be crafting with each box released and sharing project inspiration with some tips and tricks on my blog. There will also be guest posts and projects from some of my very crafty friends, as well as a flickr gallery where subscribers can share their projects. I can’t wait to see what you will create!
Boxes will mail out by the 10th of every other month. There will be 6 boxes annually, grouped as follows:
Raising these funds will help:
- Buy Shipping Supplies – I need large quantities of boxes, tissue paper, and shipping labels.
- Purchase the Products – I want to keep each box diverse so you can try all kinds of new products. This means that I need to have wholesale accounts with a variety of companies, and each one will have a minimum amount that I need to spend to place an order.
- Build and Operate a Website – I’ll be setting up a brand new website, just for Crafted, where you can order your boxes and shop for some additional items. While I plan to do most of the upkeep myself, I will still need to pay monthly for hosting.
- Advertising/Marketing – I would like to do some giveaways and promos with craft bloggers to help spread the word about Crafted. -
- Unforeseen Expenses – I have never started a subscription box service, and while I have done a lot of research, there may be some unexpected costs along the way.
I greatly appreciate every contribution made to this project. Here are some examples of the items you will find listed in the various reward levels.
A glossy die cut sticker of the gorgeous Crafted logo!
A set of 5 pin-back buttons, handmade by me from used books, magazines or other paper scraps. The selection will include randomly chosen designs.
A randomly chosen necklace with a laser cut charm. All necklaces are designed and assembled by me.
A canvas tote bag featuring our gorgeous logo! Perfect for carrying your craft supplies!
Through backing this project at the $35 level you will receive the first ever Crafted box! Yes, a whole box full of fun and wonderful products to get crafty with! Everything will be carefully selected, packed neatly and sent right to your door! If one box just isn't enough, you can choose higher levels to reserve your subscription of future boxes too!
Risks and challenges
Getting the word out- Word of mouth is truly the best marketing there is. My contacts are limited, so please help me spread the word!
Placing Wholesale orders – Getting started with wholesale accounts is tough when the business I plan to buy for does not yet exist. All of my work and planning thus far revolves around a hypothetical future endeavor.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)