About this project
The much anticipated Volume 2 of the award-winning MOONSHOT The Indigenous Comics Collection is here!
The award-winning team of editor Hope Nicholson and publisher AH Comics - who brought you MOONSHOT Volume 1 - is back, and we're putting together a brand new volume of incredible stories written by indigenous authors from across North America:
The stories in MOONSHOT Volume 2 will take you on a journey from this world, to worlds beyond!
Volume 2 of the MOONSHOT collection centers around present-day indigenous spirituality and tradition. You will see what life and wonders exist now on this Earth, the spirit world, alternate dimensions and more through this gorgeous collection of original indigenous comic/graphic novel stories.
Each of the 15 short stories included in this c.200 page Volume will be based on a tradition from the author's own tribe/community. These stories highlight present-day traditions, and diversity, in indigenous peoples today. With each story adapted into comic book/graphic novel format by award-winning artists and illustrators, MOONSHOT Volume 2 is sure to amaze, intrigue and entertain!
Volume 1 of the Indigenous Comics Collection was awarded the title "The Best Book of 2015" by the School Library Journal - the largest book reviewer in the world. The book also won the Bronze Medal Award for "Best Graphic Novel" at the 20th Annual Independent Publisher's Awards.
We are extremely honoured and excited to be working with another huge list of award-winning authors and artists on this Volume 2, including:
- Artist Jeffrey Veregge (Red Wolf, G.I. Joe, Transformers)
- Artist Stephen Gladue (Cree Dancer)
- Authors Sean & Rachel Qitsualik-Tinsley (Lesson of the Wolf, Ajjitt)
- Artist David Mack (Kabuki, Fight Club, Daredevil)
- Author Elizabeth LaPensee (Copper Heart, The Observing)
- Artist Haiwei Hou (Two Brothers, Ochek)
- Illustrator Fred Pashe (SpiritWolf)
- Artist menton3 (The Memory Collectors, X-Files, Silent Hill: Past Life)
- Author Richard Van Camp (Tlicho Naowo, Three Feathers)
- Artist Scott B. Henderson (Blanket of Butterflies, The Chronicles of Era)
- Author David Alexander Robertson (Ochek, Tales From Big Spirit)
- Artist Alexandria Neonakis (Sweetest Kulu, Uncharted4)
- Artist Ryan Huna Smith (Tribal Force)
- Artist Steve Keewatin Sanderson (Darkness Calls, Journey of the Healer)
- Artist Weshoyot Alvitre (Little Nemo, Native American Classics)
- Author Daniel Heath Justice (Our Fire Survives the Storm)
- AuthorJames Leask (Comics Alliance)
- Authors and songwriters Gerard & Peta Roberts (Sacred Fire)
- Author and songwriter Tanya Tagaq (Animism)
- Artist Nicholas Burns (Arctic Comics, Super Shamou)
- Artist David Cutler (Hacktivist, Northern Guard)
- And more!
BEHIND THE SCENES
MOONSHOT Volume 2 will be edited by Hope Nicholson (Nelvana of the Northern Lights, MOONSHOT Volume 1, Secret Loves of Geek Girls) who will be working to organize, weave and edit the stories to be included in this Volume. Her aim is to, in her own words, "explore storytelling methods through comic stories that highlight the distinct identity of indigenous communities across North America."
MOONSHOT Volume 2 will be produced by the award-winning publishing company AH Comics (MOONSHOT Volume 1, Jewish Comix Anthology, Hobson's Gate, Titan: An Alternate History). Our goal is to present a dynamic and visually stunning canvas for these stories to be told. We are bringing on board some of the best creators on this continent to help make this vision a reality!
We are excited to work with Hope again, along with the 30+ authors and artists to create what is sure to be another incredible, award-winning Collection!
The funds raised through this Kickstarter campaign are going directly to commission the authors and artists involved in bringing MOONSHOT Volume 2 to life, printing the first run of books and producing the highly coveted backer rewards!
We have some exciting additional rewards to add on to your existing pledges. To add on to your already awesome reward packages, follow these instructions:
- 1) Press the 'Manage Your Pledge' Button
- 2) Increase your pledge in the 'Pledge Amount' box by the value/total of the add-ons you want to add (see selection below)
- 3) When the Kickstarter campaign ends, you will receive a survey confirming your reward and add-on selections.
+$10,000: Every pledge that includes a physical book will automatically receive 2 double-sided, usable 4"x6" postcards (postage not included) featuring never-before-seen art from the Volume 2 book!
+$15,000 | LIBRARY LOVE: An additional 250 books will be printed and sent to indigenous communities and school libraries across North America!
+$25,000 | EXCLUSIVE CONTENT: We will produce a new original short story by an award-winning indigenous author and artist that ALL pledges will receive an exclusive digital copy of!
+$50,000 | GALLERY WRAP: A month-long, Toronto-based open-to-the-public art exhibit featuring some of the award-winning artists and art from the Indigenous Comics Collection!
Risks and challenges
AH Comics produced the award-winning Volume 1 of the MOONSHOT collection, and we are more than confident that Volume 2 will be just as beautiful! We are also starting production earlier than usual to give us a comfortable margin for producing the book and all the rewards so everything will be shipped on time and in your hands as soon as possible!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (60 days)