"FOR MOLLY" Chapter 2 - A Webcomic by Gabe Cheng
An anti-social talking dog helps a recently divorced New Yorker rescue his sister from an evil that lurks in the New Jersey forest.
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Sat, November 24 2018 7:59 AM UTC +00:00.
For Molly is a modern fantasy webcomic that takes place in New Jersey. An anti-social talking dog named Molly must help a recently divorced New Yorker named Greg rescue his sister from an evil that lurks in the forest. For Molly is published weekly online on Tapastic, WebToons, Imgur, Reddit and formollycomic.com.
Click the logo above to read For Molly chapter one FOR FREE!
The events of chapter one brought Greg and Molly together, but they'll have to learn to trust each other if they're going to survive. For Molly continues to explore themes like guilt, abandonment and loyalty as the two main characters' unlikely friendship is tested on every step of their journey.
Chapter two begins with Greg and Molly in the New Jersey forest. They escaped capture the previous night and now they're headed to the Sanctum Free Zone to rescue Ava. But an unexpected encounter with Blachjet and his pack of feral talking dogs forces Molly into a dangerous confrontation. Meanwhile, Iris crosses paths with Officer Edgebrook, who is more than what he seems.
Here's a look at pages 39 and 40 with art by Benjamin Sawyer!
- The Deluxe Edition PDF copy of "For Molly" chapter two will include: original cover art and concept art by Benjamin Sawyer, Thank You page, forward from Gabe Cheng and two variant covers by Isabella Cheng and Linda Chung. Distributed via email after publication online.
- $25 donors and up get their name on Thank You Page of the Deluxe PDF.
- Digital wallpapers for phone/computer screens featuring art by Isabella Cheng.
- 5"x7" postcard featuring the original cover art by Benjamin Sawyer and personalized thank you message from Gabe Cheng.
- 4" Sticker featuring original art of Molly and Greg by Janet Kim.
- 1.5" Enamel pin featuring original art of Blachjet by Janet Kim.
- 3.5" magnet with original variant cover art by Linda Chung
- 11"x17" Poster of original cover art by Benjamin Sawyer.
- 11"x17" Poster of variant cover art by Linda Chung.
- 11"x17" Poster of variant cover art by Isabella Cheng.
- DRAWN INTO A PAGE by Benjamin Sawyer. Your face will appear in "For Molly" on a page in chapter 2.
- CUSTOM PORTRAIT by artist Benjamin Sawyer with Greg and Molly. Portrait will be printed on 20"x30" canvas and shipped to you!
Written by GABE CHENG
Gabe has been writing his whole life, but For Molly is his first webcomic. He left a successful career as a high school teacher and moved to Los Angeles to pursue his passion for writing and entertainment. He’s an avid pizza enthusiast, he's surprisingly good at pub trivia and he finds inspiration from the films of Kevin Smith and the novels of Neil Gaiman.
Art by BENJAMIN SAWYER
Ben is a lifelong artist and pop culture geek. He’s a professional illustrator, comic artist, storyteller, and university professor. He loves his dogs, motorcycles, craft beer, video games, and his partner Kim. Check out his work on his website and @sketchsawyer on social media.
Other CONTRIBUTING ARTISTS
Follow ISABELLA CHENG on Twitter
Follow LINDA CHUNG on Instagram
Once funded, Gabe and Ben will immediately start working on the twenty-two remaining pages of chapter two. Physical rewards will be sent out by the end of November 2018. Online publication will begin in January 2019.
The Deluxe PDF of chapter one and the digital wallpapers for phone/computer screens will be sent via email immediately following the campaign. The Deluxe PDF of chapter two will be sent via email when publication has ended online.
Risks and challenges
The campaign's risks include unexpected printing delays, shipping delays and other events that would cause rewards to not get to backers on time. But there are already vendors in place to begin production on the rewards as soon as the campaign ends.
Gabe and Ben will begin working on the remaining twenty-two pages of chapter 2 immediately after the campaign ends. Barring any unexpected delays, online publication will begin in January 2019.
Gabe will keep backers updated on the project's progress and any expected delays.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter