Clarification of our process
We are really happy that we got so many Backers supporting us and very much look forward to make this product come true.
We are fully confident that we will deliver this product with the functions and within the set timeplan.
We have in our film showed the intended function of the finished product, which we are going to achieve, and we made a disclaimer that this is not a ready product.
However, we now understand, after feedback from Kickstarter, that this is not according to the Kickstarter rules.
We are truly sorry for this.
We set up the following crititerias before approving going live on Kickstarter and when this was ascertained, we went live:
- Finding the right probe, at the right cost, with the right function and testing it, was sole most important component.
- The correct LED display to use including the cost.
- The design of the thermometer
- Securing the right partners for manufacturing, construction (incl electronic engineering), and a company for assuring quality control.
- All tooling and production costs for every component.
- The time plan, approved by partners.
- Distribution and shipping cost
The reason we turned to Kickstarter was to get funding for:
- Design of the printed circuit board (pcb)
The design of the pcb has to happen before we have a fully functional prototype, and therefor, as you see in our presented time line, this is due for January 2018.
We will continue to develop this exiting product within the presented timeline.
Niklas, Hans, John, Henrik
If you have any questions or comments, you are also always welcome to contact us on email@example.com, as also stated on our Kickstarter page.
Please see the following pictures of components, most taken with a mobile phone:
Probe - The 1.2 mm probe is the most important component, it gives the speed and should be thin.
Sheath - The prototype of the sheath
Model - The design and model of the thermometer
Display - A live picture of the LED display we are going to use but it will be white on black background
Display placement - Drawing of the LED display placement on top of the thermometer