Reached 60% in just roughly 3,5 days!
We are well on our way to making this exciting kitchen tool come true!
We have received many questions and comments which is great, also since our last update.
Our key features are:
- Ultra thin, long needle not to puncture delicate food (9 cm or 3,5” long and diameter of 1,2 mm or 0,047” all the way)
- Super fast
- Easy reading by putting the display on top, good for the oven, barbecue and also for the pan
- One hand grip for easy use and to switch on Protective sheath attached to e.g., your apron for easy reach during cooking also when probe is soiled
Some new questions that came since since last update. We update our FAQ with questions regularly, please also check there.
- To switch it on and off, we believe the one hand grip is very important. We have a soft button on top for easy reach with e.g., your thumb to switch it on. It will switch off automatically after a couple of minutes to save battery, but will also be possible to turn it off manually.
- It will be not be affected when using an induction hob/stove. According to our production partners this will not be a problem. The final solution, if deemed necessary, would be to encapsulate the electronics.
- The reference respons time we tested so far for the thermacouple probe is from ice water (+0,5° C or 32,9° F) to boiling water (+97,5° C or 207,5° F) and achieved that in less than 2 second. We compare with the more expensive industrial thermometers (normally with a cord) and use them as reference. This is the specification we set for the hardware and software to achieve. This is an extreme case as normal cooking is more from room temperature to +40 – 70° C (+104 – 158° F).
- The thermometer can not only be used for meat, fish, vegetables, bread, oil, etc but also for candy making as long as the casing is not exposed to high temperature. The thermacouple probe is of hardened stainless steel and has no problem with temperature.
Kickstarter has a fantastic geographical spread and backers from new countries come in all the time. The largest countries are still USA, UK and Sweden, and some new countries since last update are Canada, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Singapore and France. Very exiciting!
Thank you and keep spreading the word!
Niklas, Hans, Henrik, John