Do you want to know where to go to get a fantastic and wholesome meal?
How about places serving food that could even change your life?
And what if we could show you how to make it? How cool would *that* be?!
This is what we intend to do!!
ps - the buttons to share this page are now above the video! :)
Everything You Need to Know (in list form!):
- We're creating a travel show focused on finding scrumptious, fresh, and nutritious food.
- We have a spec-pilot that we filmed in Los Angeles at LifeFood Organic in Hollywood and SunCafe in Studio City.
- The next step is to edit the footage.
- We intend to release this content online, shop it around, and keep making more!
- We want to help you not only get excited about where to eat out, but then inspired to integrate these ideas (and foods!) into your life!
- Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me) even tweeted out about this idea!
What if we raise more money than what's needed? What amazing things will happen next?!
If we reach...
- $7195 = This pilot will be finished!
- $15,000 = We'll showcase another 2-3 restaurants in Los Angeles! Nathan will also take a small group of backers on a walking food tour of amazing restaurants in LA (if you can get here, you can join us)!
- $30,000 = We'll take the show to our NEXT location: New Orleans!! There aren't many (if any) who associate N'awlins with healthy food—and yet: it's there! We'll even fly one lucky backer (sounds like another phrase, right?) TO New Orleans to join us at the restaurants! :)
- $50,000 = We'll finish LA, shoot a NOLA episode and do an additional city—and you'll have a say in where we take the show! Plus, we'll fly in TWO backers (one to NOLA and one to the chosen city)!
- $100,000 = Who needs sponsors?! You've just funded an entire SEASON of 6 cities!! You so crazy. Backers all over the sky!!! We'll fly SIX backers (one to each city) to hang with us and eat crazy, ridiculously awesome food! :)
Why are we doing this crazy awesome show?
When you're out (and especially when you travel), it can be easy to go to the same places—or places you think are "safe"—just because you don't know what other kinds of restaurants are available. What if you did—and what if those places served food that not only tastes great, but is also good for you?! :)
Consuming healthier foods on a regular basis can lead to lower healthcare costs, less pollution, more connectedness in communities, and a boost in local economies!
We want to change the world, one meal at a time. We want you to feel alive and full of energy, to find ways to naturally cure and heal yourself, all through food that tastes amazing!
We love the creative work happening in restaurants, farmer's markets, and on the fringe of healthy eating all around the world—we want to showcase and highlight these remarkable efforts and to learn WHY we want to eat this way!
Who gets the money?
Here's a rough breakdown:
- 91% - to the crew, the editor, and other post-production costs
- 8% - Kickstarter and Amazon (payment processing) fees
- 1% - reward fulfillment costs
IMPORTANT: We receive NO money unless this project is funded 100% (any additional funds will be put toward future production costs, marketing, development, etc.).
What are we going to do with the footage?
We intend to create three 4-6 minute segments (to distribute online) and a 22-minute "pilot" (for network) to look for:
- Sponsorship - from companies and corporations
- Production Companies - to help us produce future episodes
- Distribution - online and network
Here's the original pitch video:
Where Should We Eat?
Most of the travel shows tell us where to go to indulge, and where to get the crazy stuff that we’d never make at home.
What about all the other places? What if you want to eat organic, or local, or free-range, or raw? What if you want a smoothie or salad or some superfoods?
Where do you go? Where are those places?! Whether you want to eat Paleo or plant-based, grass-fed or gluten-free—you should know where those spots are!
That’s what we're excited to share!
What We've Already Done!
A crew was assembled and we recently (October 2012!) filmed three segments in Los Angeles—now we need funds to complete this part of the project, so that we can get this out there!
During the shoot, some of the crew mentioned they had "eye-opening" moments when it came to food and nutrition!
So to us, the show is already a success!
Now, let's multiply that! :)
What Will The Show Look Like?
We’ll be traveling to different cities, places, and destinations to help you find the healthiest places to eat when you’re out; spots that are being really creative and innovative with food—things that will inspire you and will knock your taste buds out!
Each "episode" will be a 4-6 minute look at one restaurant, farmer's market, or other spot that features amazing and delicious food!
We also plan to include additional interviews, videos, recipes, and photos from every episode!
We're also thinking long-term about virtual cooking classes, an app, an online community, challenges, and much more!
But first: funding! :)
Some cool things to the right, including:
- VIRTUAL Cooking Class with Nathan and a SPECIAL GUEST CHEF
- Digital downloads of the episodes
- Special recipes from one of the restaurants we filmed
- Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes photos, footage, and food
- And an official Nonstop Awesomeness wristband!
Viorica "V" Baln: Director & Producer - IMDb
Brandon James Salgado: Director of Photography - IMDb
Todd Steinhauer: Audio Supervisor - IMDb
Brian Warwick: Audio Mixer - IMDb
Gina Jones: Still Photographer - website
Risks and challenges
What happens next if we're completely funded?
We edit the three segments we shot, and then begin reaching out for sponsorship, production, and distribution.
We'll also be releasing these segments online to get them into your hands as soon as possible, to develop a following.
By sheer tenacity, faith, positivity, and professionalism, we have created an amazing crew of people, that we're excited to expand.
We also know people in the "industry," and even have a couple tentative meetings set up at production companies. The ideal is to hire a company to fully produce the episodes (shoot and edit).
The *really* wonderful part is that because of the internet, we can still create a successful show even without all the regular parts of television production
We believe in this project 100%.
We believe it is needed and that people want to see this.
Nothing like this is out there right now.
We want this to be an interactive experience—to go beyond what travel and food shows have done to this point!
We want to embrace where media and consumerism is headed: to deliver the content to YOU in ways that you want, and to provide you with amazing items and information that you LOVE and will change your life!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)