The perilous racing experience for 2-6 distinguished pilots. The ambitious debut from Split Second Games. Read more
This project was successfully funded on July 22, 2012.
Checking in & Progress report
It's been a little while since I reported in, so I just to check with everyone to make sure that everyone has received their copy of Quicksilver. Some of you never responded to your survey, so this is a chance to let us know who you are. If you haven't received your game, let me know by sending a message through this site.
At this point, the only people who should be waiting on anything are the backers at the wood box level. Here's the progress report on those:
First off, here's the photo from the first test fit of the pieces. It hasn't been glued together yet and it's still missing the hardware, but you can finally get an idea of what the final product is going to look like.
Nice, yes? But not done yet.
Here's the finished insert that will house all the the components:
The cards will slot diagonally into the upper left-hand section, allowing for easy retrieval. There is a slot for everything else as well. This is all my dad's design, and he knocked it out of the park. There's even room for future expansions (except for new game boards, which take up a lot of room).
And here's the first look at the latch that each box will have:
If I may say so, that is a sexy latch (as far as box latches go). And they're even nicer looking in person.
So, here's what's left to do, and the schedule for completion:
- 9/4 - Felt will begin being cut & glued to the floors of the boxes
- 9/10 - Cigar style label gets printed and adhered to the inside lid of each box. This will also serve as the signature plate.
- 9/18 - The Quicksilver logo gets screen printed on each top
- 9/20 - Box tops & bottoms travel from Chicago back to St. Louis for final assembly
- 9/21 - Box are glued & clamped together
- 9/23 - Lids are separated from the boxes, and the cutline will be sanded and finished
- 9/25 - Boxes are inspected for blemishes and have a final coat of finish applied
- 9/30 - Hardware Installed (latches & hinges)
- 10/06 - If all prior steps go to plan, Shipping begins.
Again, your patience is more than appreciated in all of this. I've had the pleasure of meeting many of you in person at conventions, and your graciousness has been reassuring that we're doing the right thing by taking our time to get it right.
I'll be sure to update as things come close to finishing, or to announce any further setbacks, so as not to leave anyone in the dark