Dwarven Smithy is a richly themed game of card crafting, tableau building, and hand/area management. Players take on the role of a Dwarven blacksmith gathering resources, training apprentices and crafting items in their workshop. You will need to use your skill to overcome the luck of drawing cards by effectively managing your hand and tableau of cards.The player with the most gold at the end of the game wins!
- Competitive, not Combative - A competitive game without pitting player against player.
- Convenient Design - Color blind friendly and designed for simple setup and clean up.
- Two Game Modes Included - Includes two types of play; easy and hard versions. Rules are the same for both types of games.
- Two Variants Included - For players that enjoy Bidding and Endless Resources.
Dwarven Smithy is for 2 to 4 players, ages 14 and up, lasts 60 to 90 minutes depending on game mode.
All Stretch Goals Reached!
The game is complete. Thanks to every backer helping the campaign reach such a high level of success!
See the Video section below to see Reviews, How to Play and Play Through Session videos.
Available in the Deluxe Edition pledge are 100! (Stretch Goal #2 unlocked 20 more coins from the starting 80 coins) custom metal coins. Each coin side has custom art, beautifully and specifically designed for Dwarven Smithy by Fantasy Art and Illustrator, Karin Wittig. The total weight of 100 coins is approximately 2lbs or .9kg.
The following animations show the four phases of a player's turn and how the cards interact with your tableau. Each animation is like a short video, so depending on your internet speed, they may take few moments to load!
Card art was magnificently designed by Illustrator and Digital Artist, Enggar Adirasa. Enggar's art has been featured in other games, such as Biomechanical Dino Battles 2010, Chaos and Alchemy, Elemental Clash, Mistfall and Archmage. Box cover art and Player Character cards were beautifully illustrated by Leonardo Borazio, with credits on work with Legend of the Five Rings and Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game.
Backers are limited to 3 total games per pledge. To add more games beyond the first, manually enter the $ total when making your pledge or click the "Manage" button next to a previously made pledge.
Rahdo Runs Through gives his final thoughts and a game summary in the video below.
Rahdo Runs Through the game turns and teaches you how to play the game.
Rahdo Runs Through added an extended gameplay video.
The video below, Unfiltered Gamer gives you an overview on how to play and gives his review of the game.
Undead Viking reviews the game and also gives you information on how to play.
Man vs. Meeple Preview
- Forged by Geek created two videos: How to Play and a Playtest Session.
- More review videos can be found on our website.
Help fund the game by spreading the word!
- Tell everyone about our Website
- Share this project with your friends on Facebook
- Tweet to the world about the project on Twitter
- Check out the game on BoardGameGeek
- End of Kickstarter Campaign (Oct 2017)
- Receive Kickstarter Money (Nov 2017)
- File Prep & Pre-Production (Dec 2017)
- Game and Coin Manufacturing (Jan, Feb, Mar 2018)
- Freight Shipping (April, May 2018)
- Fulfillment & Distribution (June 2018)
- Funding Goal: The Kickstarter pledge amount covers the costs associated with Kickstarter and fees (-9%), manufacturing, ocean freight, insurance, loading/unloading, transportation, customs, duties, taxes, tariffs, short term warehousing, service fees and individual shipping.
- We Need You: We can't manufacture, ship and cover all the fees without your support.
- Personally invested: We are personally invested (time and money) and committed to the success of our project.
- Art and Promotion: 100% of the art assets are complete and we have promoted the game through various social media, conventions, and websites.
- Quality: Over the past two and a half years, we visited local gaming stores (FLGS), local libraries and numerous conventions to improve gameplay and made the game more fun!
Special thanks to all our play testers: Aaron Angel, Aaron Scott, Adam Whitlatch, Alex Ambrose, Alyse Capaccio, Andrew D. Joines, Andrew Noe, Andrew Space, Andrew Warth, Anthony Atwood, Anthony Pulcastro, Ashley Lane, Ava Benoit, Ben Smithy, Benjamin Rigg, Beth Hill, Bethany Milewski, Brian Herr, Briana Walz, Brittany Ballo, Brittany Gunter, Bryan Drennen, Casey Edwards, Cat Lynch, Chris Hadsall, Chris Milewski, Clay Napier, Cody McNeeley, Cody S. Martin, Colin Newey, Daniel Peabody, Danny Capaccio, Darryll Rowland, Derek McCauley, Don Tyler Wooldridge, Duncan Seibert, Eleanore Dara, Eva Grouling Snyder, Gerald L. White Jr., Gordon Spaeth, Hakinaro, Ian McEwen, Isabella Tattoo, J. Brown, Jarrod Peterson, Jason Stewart, Jeff Merifield, Jeremy Waters, Jessica Turner, Jim Schiff, Joe Martinez, Joe Wooldridge, John Horst, John Prather, Joseph Martinez, Keith Ambrose, Kelly Woeste, Ken Albright, Kevin Steindorff, Kevin W. Suttner, Kristen Elliott, Kristen Saunders, Kyle Bornhorst, Kyle Foraker, Laney Seibert, Lauren Kohles, Lindsay Wildt, Lisa Johnson, Matthew Beamer, Matthew Beckerich, Max Benoit, Maxine Springer, Megan Beckerich, Michael Life, Michael Sundrup, Mike Ball, Kevin Treybig, Misty Troutt, Nancy Snyder, Nathaniel Chaddock, Nathaniel Clark, Nick Lynch, Noah Blythe, Noah Kohles, Oliver Wojtyna, Paola Roman, Pat McClelland, Peter Schreck, Philippe Rigaud, Rammy Meyerowitz, Reece Benoit, Richard Life, Rick Bonds, Rob McEwen, Robert Lane, Rose Sinning, Rugen Lawler, Ryan C. Kennedy, Ryan Johnson, Sande Scott, Sara Whitlatch, Sarah Eisen, Sarah Horst, Sean Henrickson, Sean Merrill, Stephanie Phillips, Stephen J Seibert II, Stephen Life, Thomas Caudill, Tim Haverkos, Tony Miller, Tory Trone, Troy Hufford, Tyler Candella, Wm Brian Troutt and Zach Workman.
Risks and challenges
Overall, this project has minimal and typical risks associated with game manufacturing. The game manufacturer is ready to publish and the art and layouts are complete. Any additional changes will be complete prior to the end of the campaign. The game will ready for printing once we receive funds from Kickstarter.
As a small publishing company, we're relying on Kickstarter backers to supply the capital necessary to meet minimum printing and shipping costs. Your pledges make this project come to print. We will produce a quality product and it will be delivered on time.
With your help, our great backers, we will bring Dwarven Smithy to light.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (28 days)