Voidrunner, A Fast Flight Combat Game (Canceled)
Voidrunner, A Fast Flight Combat Game (Canceled)
Voidrunner is a fast combat racing flight game set in a surreal environment.
Voidrunner is a fast combat racing flight game set in a surreal environment. Read more
About this project
Voidrunner is a fast combat racing flight game set in a surreal environment. Basically our game is very much like Race the Sun meets Star Wars™ Rogue Squadron.
Our main idea while designing the game was to experience the epic flight scenes of the movies we love.
Expected to be released on second quarter of 2016 to PC, MAC and Linux via Steam. PS4 & XBox versions are also planned for late 2016.
- 11 game modes for both Single and Multiplayer.
- From exclusives such as Stand & Fight, Escape, Arena and Rescue Ally to classics like Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag,
- Experience and Achievements system for character progression.
- Ship modifications and Damage System for visual and gameplay vise.
- Single Player AI, Multiplayer Networked Play, Co-Op, Split Screen.
- AAA quality detailed game design in a surreal universe.
- More than 20 ships to play.
- All different style, more than 40 levels.
- 3 difficulty modes. Each mode has it's own, exclusively designed levels according to it's specific features.
- Soundtrack by Siddhartha Barnhoorn (Antichamber, The Stanley Parable, Out There Omega Edition), featuring vocals by Lara Ausensi (Forest Kingdom II, Shevannai - The Voice of Elves)
- Additional Multiplayer music by Alexander Brandon & Michiel Van Den Bos, original composers of Unreal Tournament® and Deus-Ex®.
- A storyline campaign as an epic science fiction drama.
- Full support for Virtual Reality systems Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. First test videos are coming very soon!
See our trailer in HD:
There are plenty of game modes in Voidrunner:
- Story Mode: This is the cinematic experience of Voidrunner. It has 21 maps that have both scripted & dynamic sequences and special designs according to the screenplay.
- Free Flight: For players who want to experience the impressive visuals of Voidrunner without the adrenaline rush of the time counter or enemies, this mode is for them.
- Ghost Race: You can race with your "Best Time scored" ghost in this mode.
- Acrobatic Reflex Mode: This mode has the same gameplay as the story mode. Players must reach the end portal to finish the level. But maps will be harder to fly, vehicles’ speeds are faster so it’s much harder than the Story Mode. Players must reach certain exp. points to unlock next maps in the mode. This mode will feature completely new maps exclusive to it.
- Hardcore Mode: Not for the faint of heart. This is the most difficult mode of the game. It’s more harder than Acrobatic Reflex Mode. Again, maps is much, much more difficult with lots of obstacles and tight spots, speed is incredibly faster. It’s an impressive gameplay for fast manouvers and excitement. This mode will feature completely new maps exclusive to it.
- Escape Mode: This mode will feature all the maps that has been unlocked excluding Story Mode. There are 3 enemy fighters chasing the player in this mode. They are trying to destroy the player. Player must escape them in one piece and go through the exit portal before the time runs out.
- Stand and Fight Mode: This is the same as Escape Mode. But this time player must fight with the attackers. Exit portal is hidden and with only destroying the attackers will give player the ability to see the exit portal. Also, there is the enormous destructive Void Wall coming to crush the player. So player must kill the attackers without getting destroyed by the incoming wall and he/she must do this before time runs out.
In addition to those exclusive modes to Voidrunner, there are also classic game modes such as;
- Deathmatch: Classic Deathmatch. All players try to destroy each other. When a player reaches certain frags (kill point), he/she wins.
- Team Deathmatch: Deathmatch with two teams. The team who gets to certain frags (kill point) first, wins.
- Capture the Flag: Classic Capture the Flag. There are two teams. And there are two flags for each team. One team tries to get other team’s flag by flying towards it. When that player gets the enemy flag to their own flag, they score 1 point. When one of the teams reaches certain points of scores, they win.
- Arena: This is a very hard game mode. Only for veteran players. Only players who did finish the last map of Hardcore Mode and finish the last map of the Story Mode in highest exp points can get into this mode. It’s a classic Deathmatch. But with powerful and interesting powerups exclusive to this mode only. Double the speed of Hardcore Mode, features the maps from Hardcore Mode. In short, this is the Veteran Deathmatch. Only for professionals.
These modes will be available as Single Player, Single Player with AI, Networked play, Networked Co-Op and Split Screen (for our initial goal).
We set Online Multiplayer as a stretch goal. We arranged several budget tiers to create Voidrunner in several stages. Additional infrastructure and server costs are added to our Multiplayer budget with more designers & coders to create a satisfying content.
The Enemy arrives from interstellar space and devours the Sun. A large civilization suffers from this enemy. You were one of the war pilots of that great culture. Unfortunately, the Enemy was strong beyond your level of civilization. All devices, weapons were starting to be controlled by them. Very few were left to fight. In a very short time, the whole planet was crawling with war.
In a desperate attempt to do something for this threat; Priest War Lords activated the great statue of the Oracle, the ancient and most sacred one of your culture. Unaware of what was happening, you were flying & fighting when there was a great explosion in the eyes of the great statue.
That was the gate of the Void...
In a matter of seconds, everything was sucked up into the Void. Buildings, people, ships, war, hate, love... the creation itself was shattered when the planes of the Universe was broken.
Then there was only the Void. Forever and never. Nothing and everything. You don't remember anything yet you are inside of a familiar vehicle with a familiar but terrifying voice in your head:
"You will be, Eternal..."
One of our stretch goals is the MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) mode for Multiplayer. MOBA type games are very popular nowadays because of fun gameplay mechanics with fast & exciting battles. We are preparing a system that will take MOBA mechanics to Voidrunner. Imagine fighting in a battle to capture your enemy's base. Void Hangars constantly giving you hunter fighters (minions) and you are fighting with your customized ship for victory. There will be lots of types for playable ships. Attack ships, support ships, defense ships etc. And these ships will vary themselves according to the strategy you'll be making.
We think Flight MOBA will be extremely fun and it will be an incredible gaming experience which will be different from any other online games before.
Open World feature is our final stretch goal. If we have enough funds, we will create a large open world arena that you can explore, trade, fight... basically survive. You can exit from your vehicle and trade in first person or third person style in the trade districts of the Void. Void will be a giant hostile inter dimensional environment with lots of districts you can fly and explore. Think about Planescape® Torment™'s Sigil which you can fly.
Of course, the open world mode will not be a combat & trade only experience. Voidrunner is originally based of a large setting we created for our motion picture projects. This universe we created is a harmony of science fiction, fantasy and history. We have nearly 5 years of lore which haven't got to the surface yet with interesting cultures, races, events, characters etc. It will be great to incorporate our detailed lore to Voidrunner.
Extra languages include recorded dialog in English and Turkish; subtitles in English, Turkish, Chinese, Russian, Spanian, French, Korean, German and Japan.
We have also achievements for you in social media! If you hit a certain goal in any of our social media accounts we'll unlock a new playable ship or level! Be sure to follow and share the word!
A few additional information about some of the prizes:
- In-Game Item: This will be a ship modification Kickstarter only. It won't affect gameplay.
- Documentary: This will be a broadcast quality 1+ hour documentary. Concept design, cinematics, level design, our studio walkthroughs and everything you can think about the development will be featured in this video documentary.
- Special Ship Modes: These modification packs are Kickstarter only and they will give you additional ship customization options. There will be lots of visual modifications so you will be unique on multiplayer matches. You can change lots of things from cockpit to the main hull of your ship and more.
- T-Shirt: There will be lots of T-Shirt designs so you can choose the one you like.
- Flash Disks. There are 3 flash disk rewards and each of them is unique. The designs are still not yet complete and according to the community, you may choose the final design of the reward.
- 3D Print Ship Models: These models will be direct 3D print of the actual high quality game models. The designs are still not final. In the main development process of Voidrunner, more details will be created on ships and more than 15 designs will be made.
- Have your voice in-game: We'll have your recording and put it in the storyline of the game.
- Your face in game as a giant sculpture: In the same size as the great statue in our cinematic trailer, your face will be put on a giant statue in one of the levels. The lighting will be designed accordingly so your face will be seen clearly.
- Your full body in game as a statue: We will model you as a whole and put it in one of the levels as a statue. Your face will also be seen clearly.
- Design your own ship. If you are a 3D designer, your ship design will be put in game. If you are not, you will send us a rough sketch so we can design your ship of dreams.
- Istanbul Vacation: We'll provide round trip plane tickets to Istanbul, will have you transferred from/to airport via VIP transfer. A first class dinner with the development team by the beautiful Bosphorus. Also included are Bosphorus Tour with historical sites. You'll play the full game with us in our studio.
- Guest Bag will include Istanbul collectibles, Voidrunner designs on litographs, art prints, Steam codes, cup, puzzle, mouse pad, keychains and hat.
Risks and challenges
Like every project, Voidrunner too has some risks in it's development. Our aim is to make Voidrunner a AAA quality game. So there may be tough challenges during our development. Though we think that most of our risks based mainly about time frame. We have already created most of our core functionalities for our gameplay systems but we have to fine tune & test everything so that your gameplay experience is free of any bugs or technical difficulties. We have already prepared plans to advance to MOBA or Open World. We have our list of talented designers, programmers, sound designers to be added to our growing team. Our infrastructure is mostly ready. But problems arise from time to time. So we may have to delay our Beta, Early Access and/or Full Release for a couple of months. And release dates may vary if we win MOBA and Open World stretch goals. Though if we succeed those, we will go for a modular release so you won't have to wait everything to play the game.
You have to know that the development of Voidrunner will be completely open to our community and we'll get your feedback all the time to make things best for you. If we get funded, our official forums will be opened and you can be in contact with all members of the development team so you can share your feedback any time. Also we'll be making Live Strams via Twitch every week.
If you need to ask anything that wasn't mentioned here, feel free to ask us via Comments on top of this page.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (35 days)