Update 1: Seasons stretch goal preview!
Update 2: Mac And Linux Support met! New stretch goals revealed!
Update 3: Illustrated Manuals goal met! New reward unlocked!
Update 4: Bonus Fish, TV, final reward tier and final stretch goal unlocked!
Update 5: Expansions!
Update 6: 48 hours remain - Overworld theme preview!
Sealark is about a girl who really likes to fish! She is the last fisherman in the whole world! A world that is flooded, populated by only fish people, and of course, fish. And talking birds too, I guess. The point is that the fishing is really good! Until one day, our hero Dove finds a strange boat, and everything changes.
What we have here is an Adventure Game for Windows, Mac, and Linux!
It's about fishing a bunch of fish, meeting a bunch of folks, solving some tough puzzles, beating up some bosses, and a little dating if that's the kind of fisherman you are.
Some of the inspirations I draw from in how I'm making this game include Earthbound, Homestuck, Cave Story, and a little Harvest Moon.
This is a two person indie project!
I'm Clairvoire, and I will be writing, programming, and animating! If you want an example of my spriting beyond these screens here, take a gander through my tumblr art tag! I have been programming and spriting for the past 6 years now, and am happy to have the chance at making this game I've planned the last 2 years a reality!
My good friend and talented musician Flashygoodness will be composing the musical score and designing all the sounds! He is a one man band and scored loads of stuff before this, including Tower of Heaven! Check out his page and find out what you're in store for! http://flashygoodness.com
And click here if you'd like to download the track from the video!
My goals for this game are pretty straight forward!
- Lots of fish to catch; lots of bosses to defeat!
- Big open world to explore!
- Tell an involved, complex, story with a cast of eccentric characters.
- Over 16 characters to befriend, antagonize, or even court.
- The friends and rivals you make will shape how your story unfolds.
- Don't let it take itself too seriously!
In addition to those goals, we’re going to have item and equipment customization, a big library of fish types and classes, and alternate outfits for characters! There’s also a lot of experimental stuff I have in store should we hit our stretch goals, such as migratory patterns, weather, and seasons!
The development time, after factoring every goal I have in mind and the story's length, has brought us to 9 months, so we’re aiming to have the game released by July 2013!
Should you bring us to our goal and there's time left, by golly it doesn't stop there! Every single dollar over the goal goes straight into the game, which will translate directly into bonus content!
- $8000 - Expanded content, such as extra characters, bosses, and the game will span across seasons, each area changing to match the time of year!
- $10000 - support for both Mac and Linux!
- $12000 - All physical copies of the game will come with an illustrated game manual, filled with art! (This will unlock the $20 reward tier too, for a digital pdf of the manual! Physical copies also get the pdf of course!)
- $15000 - I will ensure there be at least 151 fish to catch, and double the screen filling bosses in the main game, and with them, bonus areas and endgame challenges!
- $20000 - Indepth Weather and News! It turns out TVs are still pretty popular! Bonus news anchors and meteorologist characters, who attempt to predict what the fully simulated weather system (also included with this goal) has in store for different areas of the world!
- $20000 - For every $2000 raised beyond this goal, Dove can afford a new channel for her Television, using advanced pelican carrier technology! Cooking, gameshows, sports, music, shark week, and who knows what else!
- $30000 and beyond - This game is stuffed with content at this point. So stuffed that there's no way I could reasonably add more content beyond what we've reached so far! So here's the plan! I will begin work on an expansion to the full and complete game, aimed specifically at adding many more collectables, fish, bosses, and dialog. How much more? That will depend on where we end off! But know this: Every last penny raised is going into this game, No Matter What!
With your backing, I'll be able to devote every hour of my day to bringing this game to light! I'm really excited to be starting this and would be honoured to have your support!
- (30 days)