Second Edition of the TC-9 1970s Bronze Dive Watch.
The "1972" Diver.
Solid Bronze Case.
44 mm wide.
48 mm long.
13 mm thick.
22 mm strap width
300 meters/1000 feet water resitstant
Black, powder coated PVD crown – screw down crown
Domed Saphhire Crytsal glass. Very high quality scratch proof Sapphire glass with Anti Reflective Coating.
Seikho NH35a automatic movement.
Super Luminious paint on hands and dial.
Solid Case back
Ballistic Nylon strap. Leather backed. Black PVD buckle.
1. The Military. Featuring a military style 24 hour dial and a 12 hour counter bezel.
2. The Classic. Feauturing a black dial with vintage yellow/cream luminous paint and minute counter bezel
3. The red one. Featuring a burgundy red dial and bezel with matching vintage cream colour lume
This is Mark 2/version 2 of this watch. The original TC-9 1970s Diver in Solid Bronze was launched in 2016. This watch took its design inspitarion from the iconic Seiko Dive watches of the 1970's used extensively by the US military in that period. However, it added an entirely new dimension by making the case in Solid Bronze - creating a unique and beautiful timepiece. The original model of this watch was very popular, and all 500 orginal watches have now sold out worldwide. Over 400 of the Watches sold via our website for £350 - so this Kickstarter campaign is priced at around half the retail value of the watch, and represents great value for money.
If you would like to know a bit more about the original model you can see reviews here from some well respected Watch journalists:
Other than the new dial and bezel designs the main changes to the Mark 2 edition are:
1. A larger crown that fills the crown guard better. The crown is steel powder coated in black PVD. It is exceptionally high quality and fills the crown guard beautifully. Its matt finish bead blasted finish suits the patinaed bronze case perfectly. It is designed to match the dark the patina the watch takes on after a few days wear.
2. A Domed Sapphire crystal with ant reflective coating on both sides. The original crystal was flat and by raising it into a dome the watch takes on an even more striking look.
3. Solid case back.
4. Ballistic Nylon strap with leather backing. Branded TC-9 with a black PVD buckle branded TC-9. This is a very high quality strap.
5. Slimmer hands to enhance accuracy.
We will be adding more photos and stretch goals during the campaign.
1. If we reach £30,000 we will give all backers a free fabric ZULU strap with black rings and buckle. We will have a choice of straps and these will allow you to change the look of your watch easily. To anyone who backed our last campaign these ZULU straps will be the same as that campaign, only in different colours. The actual final colour choices we will publish later next week
2. If we reach £36,000 we will give all backers a free extra Horween Leather strap. These straps will be USA made from the famous Horween tannery and will retail on our website for at least £30 after the project ends. Horween is considered to be one of the best leathers available and will look really good on this watch. The final colours available and photos will come out later next week.
3. If we reach £40,000 we will make a 4th design with help and ideas from all backers. All backers will have the chance to give ideas and then vote on things like dial colour, date window/no date window, hand style, sapphire case back etc.
Postage and warranty
The watch posts from inside the EU. So no extra taxes whatsoever for EU buyers. We charge postage at the exact cost. Postage is via DHL for non EU buyers and recorded and insured post for EU buyers. The watch comes with a 1 year limited warranty that cover the mechanical functions of the watch.
Risks and challenges
We are a full service watchmaker. We were founded 3 years ago in Basel Switzerland and have recently relocated to England. We have produced 6 watches so far. The TC-9 Pilot Watch, the TC-9 1970s Bronze Diver, the TC-9 1950’s Diver watch, the TC-9 Deck Watch and the TC-9 Steel 1970 Dover. We sell all our watches via a shop fronted Master Watch Maker in Basel Switzerland. All our warranty work is carried out via our Master Watchmaker in Switzerland. We have sold over 2000 watches since we began – including 4 successful KS campaigns. We are well placed to manage the production process and our unusual in the Microbrand world in that we can make and fix our own watches if required. The main risk to this project is that there is a delay with postage.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)