B.L.I.S.S., in collaboration with Youth4Peace San Diego, Music4Peace San Diego, & SleeplessMusicGroup, and in support of the United Nations' International Day of Peace, is about to release their first studio EP, Peace by Piece. With performances at venues such as the Del Mar Fairgrounds, Petco Park, and Seaside Park, the members of B.L.I.S.S. have been steadily growing their local fan base while spreading their message of peace and hope. Their EP, paired with the art of Tage Eriksen (check out her Instagram), will make their message of tolerance and unity complete.
Why We Need Your Help:
We have covered initial production costs but we have more songs to record and a global anthem music video to produce for the International Day of Peace. Being strong proponents of community outreach, we would love to share ownership of this project with all of you. Give us your input and make our project yours! Studio and production costs have already been covered. But with your help, we can do so much more!
With the $10,000 goal, we can cover all manufacturing costs. Everything beyond our initial goal will go towards paying all the amazing volunteers. that have helped us spread our message. Local industry professionals have loved our message so much, that we’ve had some amazing help getting started. It’s time for us to pay back into the system.
To the right are some of the packages from which you can choose. We’ve tried to give you an assortment of options for each level of donation. But if you don’t see what you’re looking for, please don’t hesitate to contact us! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know your idea for what you’d like! We want our donors to be happy. And if you like our message and how we are expressing it, please share!
The B.L.I.S.S Team
B.L.I.S.S. and Education:
- B.L.I.S.S. (Beyond the Lyrics of International Students' Songs) brings people together from all over San Diego County to experience this student-driven, hands-on music production program. Students have the opportunity to discuss meaningful life issues, share goals, create music, and produce a product during the untranslatable workshops that take place in the recording studio.
- B.L.I.S.S. is open to people of all ages and abilities - our youngest member is age 4 - everyone is welcome!
- Due to the unique nature of the program, it has drawn the attention of college recruiters and provided college scholarship opportunities for high school seniors. Students are invited to make personalized demo tapes at the studio.
- Through B.L.I.S.S., students learn about global issues, language arts, physics, and a multitude of other concepts through fun, hands-on, studio experiences
B.L.I.S.S in the News:
- San Diego First Annual Aca-fest at UCSD
- San Diego International Wine Show at Del Mar Fairgrounds
- Youth4Peace San Diego Kite Flying Festival at Seaside Park
- National Anthem Performances: Petco Park and School of International Studies Community celebration
- San Diego civic event for honored guests, including the mayor
- School of International Studies Sophomore Symposium
- International Studies Ambassadors Benefit Showcase
- Lincoln High School back-to-school event
- Meant to Be Free
- Get To It
- Just Smile
- Meaning of Peace
- Unidos por Amor
- Are You Willing?
- Give Away
- Who Are You?
- Slip And Fall
Thank you to everyone who helped us!
- Music4Peace San Diego
- Tonia Berman - Our Producer
- Sylvia James - Creative Director
- Javier Mosley at Sleepless Music Group
- Brighter Days Media
- Jean Trudel - PeaceDay Team
- Cato - Audio Engineer
- Zan Atlantean - Web Development
- C. Young - Professional Musician & Mentor
- Tage Eriksen - Artist
- Kimmy's Photo Shop
- Chelsea Solis - Stylist & Consultant
- Meredith Anderson & Cameron Hill - Interns
- Studio West
Risks and challenges
We anticipate our biggest challenge to be scheduling. Between all the members of the group and their busy school schedules, it can be tough to pick dates for recording and video production that everyone can attend. But with our dedication and drive, we’ve been able to manage so far. We will continue with the highest level of commitment and enthusiasm, and are confident that we can deliver our incentives to our donors.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)