Campground Released + a Sale
The campground update is out now. (Steam should update it automatically?) Here was the trailer for it again:
Sorry for the wait, kept thinking it was done but kept needing to redo and change some things which would sometimes break other things, it's a problem.
Tried to make different things fancier like the AI and pathfinding but almost nothing was really working right so just reverted everything to the old way which was fine. The evil chickens act a little goofy now though.
Also figured out how to do sales? So there should be one here soon for 30% off which should last for a bit. (Assuming it works -.-)
Anyway, attempted something different with this region, some of the main issues were that stuff was kind of hard to find, intelligence gating, stamina/HP running out and some things were overly-complex. So here stuff respawns, no intelligence gating (there's only a couple gated things), stuff is pretty straight forward like the crystal caves aren't maze-like at all. This is a good region to go if you need to fill up your stamina and health too.
And everything is revealed (except the areas) in the menu. This is to show that it's different from the other regions, it's supposed to be the refresher region. (Though there are some things to find and collect.)
Comment below or something if you thought this was a nice region to sort of refresh in.
Again it's probably not as extravagant as the other regions but shouldn't be as complex and got the important stuff in so that's good. Also did something different with one of the new creatures, the turtle. You can't kill the turtles and they just sort of wander around, sometimes not seeing where they are going. Originally had it so you could ride them but it kept causing problems, you would get permanently stuck to them when they turned.
- 1 New Cosmetic
- 1 New Animal Friend
- 2 New Den Decorations
- 1 New Trophy
- 4 New Creatures
- 5 New Foods
- New Region: Green Peak Campgrounds
- New Area: Crystal Caves
And are you tough enough to enter the Salty Spitoon?
Might remove or change this later -.-
Changed a bunch of textures, for example the mud texture in Arni Forest:
- Made the Gorge and Lake more colorful.
- Updated the Shadow Pig model, it looks cooler now. The birds stay the same though. The all around terribleness of the birds is their charm:
- Changed the night sound for Arni Forest so it's calmer.
- Adjusted the lighting more to make things brighter.
- Wanted to update one of the icons.
- Will probably increase the number of regions +1 on the store page or maybe just include it as a separate point?
Was trying to add stuff for Youtube people, some examples:
Plus wanted to add a minecart with diamonds in it in the crystal caves for this person, maybe books or something for this person and his fans, and a copy of a Goof Troop cartridge for the Game Grumps as some ideas.
But was having trouble figuring out things to do for everyone along with who should be put in, not wanting to play favorites, etc, basically it was too difficult to try and include everyone while keeping things even so came up with this idea as a replacement:
Leave a comment or message others you think should be on the wall. (And preferably give an image to use.)
They probably should have played before this update though.
Not sure how many will be able to be put up so this might be a temporary thing. Also might need to readjust the placement and sizes so they're not final.
Kept redoing stuff and cut out a few things, most of which was pretty unnecessary and dumb. Here's a few behind the scenes things:
First of all there were a few cows that wandered around but that would take the mystery out of you know so left them out.
There was also a quest that involved oranges:
It involved animal markings mostly but it was kind of dumb and overly complicated so just took it out. The oranges are still there though.
The hidden area was supposed to have something bigger than whats there:
But it was just confusing and added nothing except to make the story more complicated so kept it out.
There was also a few things with the warehouse that was toned down for the same reason.
- Forgot to add colliders for rain in the Campground so rain will go right through roofs and stuff, not a terrible problem.
- Campground creatures might have too much HP, could probably lower them.
- Again the Evil Chickens have AI/Pathfinding issues. They act odd, like they will face away from you and attack. -.-
- Also tried again to fix the shadow shimmering again, see if that worked.
Was going to add this to the cave under the bear goals but thought it was too dumb:
What's a good way to tell people that pressing the number 5 will help unstick you if you get stuck? Add it to the store page?
- Fixed the Coast mushroom spawning on top of the KS Island teleport mushroom.
- Fixed the cups having a stone texture (and made them red.)
- Made the beds recover percentages of HP/Stamina again. If you want to fully fill your stamina/HP either upgrade your bed or go to the Campground now.
- Fixed the Pirate skin not being selectable.
- Added a missing poster to KS Island.
- Might be glitches. Tested it a bunch though so maybe not? Am aware of the pathfinding problems with creatures in the Campground though -.- Everything else should be back to the same way they were but there might have been leftover bugs. The new Shadow Pigs might have problems.
- There's probably other small things changed not listed on here.
- There is no fast travel shroom for the Campgrounds, there's a purpose for that.
- There aren't any animal markings, was doing something with stealing a fish from the warehouse. Don't think they weren't terribly popular?
- Couldn't put this on midweek madness or stuff like that, pretty sure you need to be invited to that.
- Some stuff might be temporary.
Again this region should be casual and pretty straight forward (though there is a few secrets to find). All in all it should be refreshing and an easy way to build up your stamina and health (and bear points).
You can't go there at night right off though, you need to figure out a way to remove the darkness first. (Then do one more thing.)
This was kind of wordy, was building up a bunch of stuff. Might be spelling errors. Rewrote this like 20 times -.-
Hope you like this update :O
P.S. Did no one get this reference with the pirate skin?: