Some good news, think the distribution problem is finally solved. If it works out it will be by far the best way to distribute the preview copy, the Steam keys, the book, the soundtrack, basically all the digital rewards which will be done by a company I'm sure most gaming people are familiar with, so that's a big relief. More news on this if it's finalized, hope it works out.
Onto Steam stuff; got all the Cards, Emotes, Backgrounds and the badge done. Here's a preview of one of the backgrounds you can unlock for your profile:
- Might show off the emotes, cards and badge or just wait until people can unlock them, they're neat.
- Haven't finished the achievements yet, still need to test them to see if they all work properly with Steam. Also haven't worked on mod support with the workshop yet.
- Got all screenshots finished, tried to get an adventure theme from them. Here's one of Kickstarter Island I liked:
- Here's a list of the soundtrack's ambiance files:
- Blurred out the spoilery ones. Edited to make them all loop too so you can listen to them without any pauses, they're all .mp3 files. Also there is no jungle region, planned one but it didn't work out so just threw the ambiance in.
- Finished the launch trailer, it won't be fuzzy and it's just a simple, short gameplay trailer with similar scenes to the last one. Kind of gave up on the cinematic ones.
- To add to this, the previous trailers seemed kind of battle heavy when the game is more explorish with fighting on the side.
- The physical rewards and digital rewards were all limited edition so can't offer them anymore.
- Can't ship things yet. You can edit your address in case it changes.
- Fish animations really suck, just made them static again.
- No idea what I did to the cat but I really messed it up, haven't a clue how to fix it. It can be really buggy.
- Printing the books has continued to be a complicated task which is strange since I only need like 15~ copies. The place I wanted to print them you need a minimum while other places aren't that high of quality.
- Social media stuff is still terrible along with messaging. Haven't got around to organizing it yet.
- The documentary thing from the stretch goals is really bad, will probably redo this after the game is out and all the Kickstarter stuff is done.
- Still need to make the running around with a bear suit on commercial. Haven't got around to it yet.
- Don't have all the backer info organized 100% yet.
That's it for now, really been having trouble figuring out distribution. Need to have the preview people play it first while getting everything organized correctly, this is what I want to happen:
1: Preview people will get the preview copy via email.
2: Wait a bit for them to preview it.
(Hopefully there won't be many bugs and it's fun, ready to be fully released)
3: Send the full game/Steam key to all backers along with digital rewards via email.
4: Then send the physical rewards, show the backer credits, finish up everything else.
Seems like a good plan.
Also does anyone want wallpapers and stuff? Like desktop/phone wallpapers, Twitter/Facebook headers, etc?