Well that was an ordeal but finally got all the physical rewards together. Had to go with different printers for everything and it was kind of a mess but it all worked out in the end?
Designing art for print is a different thing from making stuff for web, images can look quite different when printed and you have to deal with CMYK and all that. I'm actually quite shocked everything turned out semi-good. SHOCKED.
Tried to get shots of everything outside for the nature setting but saw most of the pictures turned out blurry/too reflective so retook almost all of them indoors.
- Anywho starting off with the bear card:
They turned out pretty neat and went through several designs before liking this one. My original designs were absolutely awful compared to this one and it would be best if they stayed hidden forever.
Also it's important to note that I got tiny envelopes for them(!)
Will probably make a blog post about these bear cards, seems like a good idea?
- Next are the posters:
They are really glossy with nice paper and I don't need to fold them when mailing them which is great news. Also got a sweet metallic pen for the signing.
- Here's the game case:
Available only for the “comodore 44” and rated “B for Bear” it's pretty pointless. Was going to put a disc inside with pictures of bears or something but it didn't work out.
- Bonus reward(!!!): To compliment the pointless game case, a cd case:
This is something extra. Don't know if I have enough jewel cases but everyone who pledged for a physical reward will get the cd art.
- Here are the stickers:
- And a close up of the glorious one:
The design turned out neat no? Give it sort of a limited edition feel?
- Now the tote bag which turned out far greater than I could have hoped:
- It even has pockets inside for your phone:
- Also made these certificates of authenticity for them because I had extra sheets of this fancy paper:
- And here's a preview of the personalized prints:
Took forever to find the right frames for them. Then I found out they were the wrong size frames so I had to cut and reprint things to fit.
- Since everything was friggen glossy and I kept getting fingerprints everywhere, had to wear gloves putting everything together which was odd:
- Finally here's what everything looked like in their boxes:
Don't make fun of my green rug, don't be mean.
- The symbol on the bear card was supposed to look like it was painted on but it just looks like a smudge. Probably should have used a different photoshop brush to make it look more painted but ehh.
- Probably should have got more stickers.
- Didn't get the bear books yet, trying to get them printed has been bleh.
- With the shirts I was going to put the title on the front but thought it would have looked dumb but now kind of wanted to do that, again ehh.
- The game case artwork could have been moved over some. It looked right when designing it but probably should have done a test print first.
- There's also some extra things included but they are a surprise.
- I'll let people know when I'm about to ship things so you can update your address.
- Everything is just about done now, had to do a lot of boring things first. Just need to put the last touches and everything will be peachy.
- Lastly here's a blog post about invisible colliders/walls which caused me great annoyance:
It's kind of boring but some people might find it interesting?