I know these updates are a little boring/tedious but not entirely sure how to make updates interesting when no one can play the game yet. Trying to make sure the game is good first so updates will be funner to make and can respond to things easier.
- Spent yesterday making new Achievement/Quest icons to replace the original graphics I was using which were kind of a mess and a lot of them were premade graphics:
Made the new ones in a pixel art style. Been a while since doing this kind of thing but it wouldn't be an indie game without pixel art. Here's a preview of them:
The last one looks kind of odd, it's supposed to be a bear going Super Saiyan. This is the original non-pixel icon which was awful but kind of hilarious:
Most of the original ones were good but they were a mix of different themes, wanted them all to share the same style plus pixel art is kind of fun to do so it works out. These should also show up on the Steam page too.
- New HUD graphic:
It's kind of fancy but doesn't stick out or block the screen very much. Toyed with adding a border around the bear face cam but it made it all jittery for some reason.
- Continuing to improve various textures. The newest engine update made things look a lot better.
- Animated a bunch of different patterns for the fish so they're pretty okay now. Will be showing all the new stuff with the new trailer(s?).
- Made a promo for the Bear Card:
Went to the park for the nature-y setting are people were wondering why I was taking a picture of a card on the dirt. Told them it was a promotional thing for my bear game and they were like what
- Getting things printed continues to be annoying. Got pieces of everything but not everything yet. For example I have the game cases but don't have the artwork for them. Still having trouble with printing the bear books, the place I printed them from turnout out kind of blah so going to redo them.
- Still trying to figure out the best way to distribute digital stuff.
- Kind of want to remake the website since it seems too simple.
- Also still trying to get better email/pm support. Really should get an assistant or something but that seems kind of ridiculous for a person making a bear game.
What kinds of things do you want to see via social media like Twitter/Facebook and what do you want to see as blog posts?
Kind of ran out of ideas for blog posts and am saving a bunch of stuff for the bear book thing, did anyone like the tutorial posts or should I try something different? Was thinking about writing a post about making pixel art or maybe about invisible colliders?
Still want to do a twitch stream, will probably do it when making the Campground update to this game. Must get everything done first for all the Kickstarter things.
Made a promo for the backer credits:
Keep getting messages people made mistakes on their surveys, try to see if you can edit your surveys. Not 100% sure if you can do it or not but try so I can reorganize everything again.
Lastly there was one person who backed at the “Ruined Nature” tier but I couldn't use your tree message and you needed some time to come up with a new one. Can you PM your new message here on Kickstarter? Use the title “NEW TREE MESSAGE” all caps so it will stand out.