I'll be writing updates and posts more professionally from now on, won't do the joking/sarcasm thing anymore.
- Spent the past week organizing all backer info, emails and etc. Finally have everyone sorted into groups which I can email you your digital rewards. Those who didn't respond to the survey I'll be messaging with the email used to back. Don't know when yet, going to take some time.
- Updated the goat this past week to it's final model as well:
Should it have white fur or no?
Still need to update the duck, fox, chicken and a few other ones. Most of the models are fine though.
- Looking into getting the game incorporated with Steam's modding system so people can mod it if they want, don't know how it will work out yet. Seems to be a popular request though.
- Redid the Health Menu:
Is that one better? I liked the current minimalist one but not many like it. This one has a nature wooden theme but it blocks out a portion of the screen.
- Updated the last two regions on the game's site:
Plus I updated almost everything on the site, centering things, adding shadows and different images while fixing spelling errors, let me know what you think.
- Deleted some of the stupider pages of the Bear Book thing so it's only 20 pages now, will try to put it along side the game via Steam. Probably be $5 for people who wanted it but didn't back. Printing them magazine style for the people who are getting a physical copy.
- Want the game to be $15 since that's the average for indie games but it's not certain yet. The campsite/crystal caves/evil chicken update will be free for everyone.
- Just going to send the ambient soundtrack to backers who pledged for it and won't do anything else with it.
- I played through the game 4 more times and didn't find any bugs during the last 2 runs. The only problem is people might find a way to get stuck in the map or go to an area you aren't supposed to go. Added plenty of invisible colliders to combat this but don't know if it's enough.
- There's also an audio problem that mainly effects the OSX/Mac version. Have no idea why but clips just cut out or don't play at all. Kind of disappointing because I spent a lot of time with it and sound plays a big part in the game.
- Had to remove all of the fancy custom particle effects, they were causing too many problems. Replaced them with adequate substitutes but they aren't nearly as nice. Also kind of disappointing.
- For the digital backer rewards - the key, squirrel, skin, and sunglasses, I'll send you a secret code with instructions on how to enter it. Tried to make this a simple, explainable process and not use generated keys which was bound to create problems.
- Lowered the bob on the camera when running. Got lots of complaints it was too much and could make people motion sick/give headaches.
- Still don't know why the trailer's gameplay is so fuzzy, never had that problem before. It's probably the new way of recording I was using which didn't work out, have the settings wrong or something. Will go back to my old method of recording footage when making a launch trailer.
- For the early preview version I'm still trying to figure out the best way to send it out, there are several different ideas I have. Going to try and do it through Steam.
- Also is this a good icon for the game?
- Been making posts on my blog about features and backer submissions.
- Just ordered all the physical rewards, including extras and ones for people who didn't fill out the survey yet. Couldn't get all the different T-Shirt sizes though but it's pretty close. Should be getting everything in a week in a half then I'll be organizing everything into packages and shipping them out at different intervals. Will post pictures of putting things together since that might be interesting to see.
Sorry for the wait on everything, tackling one thing at a time and some things aren't going as I expected them to.
Also the rabbit is fine, was just trying to be funny previously: