The TRANSMETROPOLITAN art book, benefiting the comics art community with donations of books & funds to the CBLDF & The Hero Initiative.
It has been nearly ten years since the release of the final issue of TRANSMETROPOLITAN, the Eisner-nominated comics series from writer Warren Ellis and artist Darick Robertson. We have approached Mr Ellis and Mr Robertson about putting together a brand new art book of original images, and we're happy to report both of the co-creators will be participating in this project, donating a brand new cover and a foreword for the book!
TRANSMETROPOLITAN combines black humor, political scandal, and moral ambiguity to look into the gonzo mind of an outlaw journalist and The City he inhabits. Aided by his embattled Editor and his two Assistants, the protagonist blazes a path through a futuristic world of skyscrapers and technological wonders, dark alleys and unspeakable depravity.
You can preview the first issue for free, courtesy of DC Comics, by visiting..
This new art book will be a hardcover volume limited to a few thousand hand-numbered copies.
Our goal is to raise $100,000 to be donated* to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund and the Hero Initiative. All of the participating artists are donating new original art for the book. Those contributors include:
Giacomo Keison Bevilacqua
Richard C. Clark
Darren Ellis (no relation to the writer) Warren Ellis
K Thor Jensen
M. Alice LeGrow
Francesco 'Matt' Mattina
C. Spike Trotman
David G. Williams
...and many others.
What happens if you raise more than $26,000.00?
- If we raise more than $26,0000.00, we will be able to print more books. We would need to raise $82,000.00 to produce the number of books we have permission to print.
What happens if you raise less than $82,000.00?
- We will print fewer books.
What happens if you raise more than $82,000.00?
- For one thing, we can make a nicer book. We'd like to put a ribbon bookmark in it. That would be nice, wouldn't it? And we would throw a hell of a nice launch party for the charities and our supporters this spring.
What if you raise more than $100,000.00 here on Kickstarter?
- We're not going to raise more than $100,000 here on Kickstarter. We're not Neil Gaiman. But if we do raise that much, we'll ask him. As a member of the CBLDF's board of directors, he'll know what to do.
So if you DO make more than $100,000 here on Kickstarter, that doesn't go in your pocket?
- No. This project was never intended for profit. The entire team is working toward the Ultimate Goal of supporting the comics community through donations to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund and the Hero Initiative. With over 100 volunteers involved, this project was always intended as a charitable effort.
* This donation will be comprised of donated books and/or goods and promotional events afforded through our fundraising efforts here on Kickstarter. No licensing fees or sales proceeds will be directed to DC Comics, Warren Ellis, or Darick Robertson.
||||||||||||||| Transmetropolitan is ™ & © Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson. Used with written permission and consent of DC Comics, Warren Ellis, and Darick Robertson. |||||||||||||||
* Standard edition hardcover only.
No slipcased or sketched-in copies are available at this time.
seconds to go
Pledge $1 or moreYou selected
Get a sneak peek at art in the book before any one else, starting in January! If you like what you see, you can always increase your pledge to reserve a book!
Pledge $55 or moreYou selected
209 backers Limited (1491 left of 1700)
A hardcover copy of the Transmetropolitan art book ($49 cover price). Kickstarter supporter copies will be from the first 2000 hand numbered copies.
Pledge $79 or moreYou selected
370 backers Limited (130 left of 500)
A limited edition hardcover copy of the Transmetropolitan art book ($79 cover price-- free shipping!). The slipcased hardcover edition is limited to 1000 copies and features a signed bookplate.
Pledge $125 or moreYou selected
5 backers All gone!
A limited edition hardcover copy of the Transmetropolitan art book ($79 cover price), from the first 100 books printed (ex., #99 of 100), signed and personalized with a head sketch by series co-creator Darick Robertson. The slipcased hardcover edition is limited to 1000 copies and features a signed bookplate. These five copies ship with a gift box.
Pledge $155 or moreYou selected
MULTIPLE COPIES, HC pledge, $155 Three (3) copies of the standard hardcover edition (cover price, $49). Includes US shipping.
Pledge $165 or moreYou selected
13 backers Limited (107 left of 120)
MULTIPLE COPIES, LTD HC pledge, $165 Two (2) copies of the limited slipcased edition (cover price, $79). Includes US shipping.
Pledge $245 or moreYou selected
4 backers Limited (16 left of 20)
MULTIPLE COPIES, LTD HC pledge, $245 Three (3) copies of the limited slipcased edition (cover price, $79). Includes US shipping.
Pledge $255 or moreYou selected
MULTIPLE COPIES, HC pledge, $255 Five (5) copies of the standard hardcover edition (cover price, $49). Includes US shipping.
- (67 days)