One year ago we at ECOlunchbox introduced the Splash Box as the first component of our Blue Water Bento collection of stainless steel and silicone lunchware that's ocean-friendly, leak-proof, and 100% plastic-free. Now we're happy to announce we're ready to expand the Blue Water Bento line with three new products: the Seal Cup Solo, the Seal Cup Trio and the Splash Pod.
Splash Pod™ - A leak-proof snack pod. Two fit inside our original Splash Box perfectly.
Seal Cup™ Solo - A go-to container with a leak-proof, silicone lid for to-go snacks or dips.
Seal Cup™ Trio - A set of three nifty, nesting, round containers in small medium and large.
Only 1% of global plastic is recycled each year. The remaining 99% of plastic waste either ends up buried in a landfill or lost in the environment. Many people don't realize that Earth's largest landfill isn't on land at all. An immense collection of plastic debris is accumulating in the North Pacific Ocean in a vast gyre dubbed the "The Great Pacific Garbage Patch." This plastic island, measuring about the size of Texas, endangers our marine life who accidentally eat or get entangled in the plastic... and that's just one of the five floating plastic gyres in our oceans.
While it may seem a daunting task, reducing plastics in our lives is doable. And the change begins at lunchtime. A family can save more than 3,000 pieces of trash each year by packing reusable lunchware. Not to mention, an average family can save $450 dollars each year by packing reusable lunch boxes instead of disposable plastics. We think our new Blue Water Bento lunch containers will help make the transition to cleaner and greener lunches even easier!
From a human and environmental health perspective, we believe that silicone is currently the best material available for snap-on, leak-proof food container lids. It's much more durable and longer lasting than plastic, resisting degradation resulting from prolonged use or exposure to extreme temperatures. Silicone is not biodegradeable, but scientists believe that the material is not hazardous to the environment nor toxic to aquatic or soil organisms.
Not only will our Seal Cup Solo, Splash Pod and Seal Cup Trio help make your lunches greener and our oceans cleaner, they are also practical and easy to use. They feature:
- Silicone lid and stainless containers that are free of plastic, BPA, and phthalates.
- Non-slip tabs on the lids for easy opening.
- Lunchbox bottoms that are designed to nest and stack for easy storage.
- Made of sturdy but not-too-heavy stainless steel 304.
- Each container is light-weight, perfect for packing in your little one's lunches, and each piece has the tare weight etched onto the bottom.
- Worry-free, leak-proof design - great for getting tossed around in a briefcase or a backpack!
- Beautiful ocean-inspired lid designs.
- All parts are dishwasher and oven safe.
- Will be made responsibly in China.
With your help, we want to add these three new eco-friendly products to the Blue Water Bento line!
Plastic-free and leak-free, the Seal Cup™ Solo makes going green at lunchtime easy. It's handy size is perfect for packing yogurt, applesauce, salad dressing or fruit. This is one of the most requested containers we hear from our friends and family.
- Measures 1 3/4" tall and 3 1/4" round.
- Fits 1 cup of food!
- Weighs 2 1/2 ounces
- Teal silicone lid with an embossed design inspired by sea shell ridges.
The Seal Cup Trio is a set of three different sized round containers that nest into each other when done, making lunch clean-up a breeze.
- Largest container measures 2 1/3" tall and 4 3/4" round, fits 2 1/2 cups of food, and weighs 4.4 ounces
- Middlest container measures 2 1/8" tall and 4 1/8" round, fits 1 1/2 cups of food and weighs 3.1 ounces
- Smallest container measures 2" tall and 3 1/2" round, fits 1 cup of food, and weighs 2.1 ounces.
- Weighs 10 ounces all together.
- Large container includes a coral-orange silicone lid inspired by sea urchins, the middle container has a sky-blue lid inspired by waves on the sand, and the small container's teal lid is inspired by sea shells.
The Splash Pod is a stainless steel snack pod with a leak-free silicone lid. It's designed to fit perfectly in our Splash Box. It's great for long narrow snacks that don't fit well in round containers, like carrot sticks, apple slices, pretzels, etc... Also works well for dips and dressings.
- Measures 4" long x 2 7/8" wide x 1 7/8" tall
- Weighs 2.5 ounces
- Deep blue leak-proof silicone lid is embossed with a sea-weed inspired pattern
Your funds will be used to help us finance the production molds and help us pay for our first order. There is a high MOQ (minimum order quantity) for each SKU (we have 3) which requires significant upfront capital. We have successfully brought to market our Splash Box, and this line extension will be crucial to developing our brand that focuses on plastic-free lunch solutions. The only question will be the date- we are projecting September 15th it will be in your hands... but hopefully earlier.
We've put together a bunch of neat kits as rewards for you helping fund our first order. If you pledge now you'll be getting our Seal Cup Solo, Trio and Splash Pod at much less than they will be offered retail. And an even better rate + early shipping (from our sample run) for you early-birds out there!
Kickstarter exclusive tote is designed with sea urchins in mind. Sturdy organic cotton canvas screen printed with a beautiful orange urchin pattern and a friendly reminder that green lunches = blue waters!
Thank you for your support. Tell a neighbor, friend or family member. With your help we're making the earth a greener, and bluer, place!
Risks and challenges
We are 100% confident that we will produce this item and deliver it to you. However, in product development sometimes there is an issue that arises, causing a delay. We would rather ship late, than shortcut a process resulting in an inferior product. We are projecting delivery September 15th, but if there is an issue that pops up that will compromise quality, we will for sure notify you of a delay so we can address the problem. Additionally, our projected schedule will entirely depend on volume. We will send schedule updates as the orders come in.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (34 days)