This projects offers you the opportunity to fill your hands with some fine resin fauna models for your tabletop games or collection.
A small range of unique alien critters has been sculpted. They are sat begging to be cast up and put into production. All you need to do is pledge an amount that satisfies your fauna needs and help towards the funding goal to make it a reality.
There is a selection of fauna to choose from - 21 at project launch, with more to be unlocked should funding go beyond the intitial goal.
Like the facebook page to share your thoughts!
- All models will be cast in high quality resin by Hysterical Games.
- The sculpts are intended for use in 25-32mm scale games, although due to the alien nature of the concepts, some could potentially fit into other scales.
- Models are provided unprepared, sometimes on a resin sprue. You will need to do some minor cleaning of flash and removal from sprues in order to prepare them for painting and play.
- Some models are multi-part and will require gluing together.
- The models are provided without bases.
Ross Hubbard aka "Whitehorn". Project lead and sculptor.
Neil Hubbard aka "Neil of Orange". Reviewer and painter.
Mustafa Bekir of Spevna Studio. Black and white art.
Hysterical Games are taking on casting responsibilty for the models.
Risks and challenges
I have previously released my own models using the high-quality services of Hysterical Games for mouldmaking and casting. This means I have an understanding of the costs and timescales involved in the process of taking some putty and converting it to resin miniatures in your hands.
Hysterical Games has successfully run its own Kickstarter and is a major provider of miniature production for many other companies.
All models involved in this Kickstarter at time of launch are sculpted so there is no risk of their sculpting delaying the project. However, if the worst should happen, as the originator of the sculpts, I am more than capable of recreating them.
This is my first self-run Kickstarter, but my sculpting work has been involved in 3 other successful Kickstarter projects - for Macrocosm, Circle of Chaos and Short Wars.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (15 days)