Authentic, Handmade, Fabric Faced Watches
Unique, fashionable, handcrafted fabric faced watches that help support local artisans across the globe.
Welcome to Azula- we are the premier creators of fabric faced watches. Inspired by our travels in South East Asia, our watches are handcrafted from a variety of organic and authentic fabrics. It's through our commitment to quality craftsmanship and unique design that we're proud to present our watches:
1. Fabric On a Watch Face: People told us it couldn't be done- we told them to wait and watch. Never before has fabric been put on a watch face!
2. Smooth Nylon Straps: Each watch comes with a durable, sustainable, and comfortable nylon strap that matches the watch face.
3. STYLISH yet UNIQUE: Our watches were designed to fit right in with the latest fashion trends and styles, while at the same time, stand out from all the other watches out there. It's a beautiful paradox.
4. COMFORTABLE: Fabric and Nylon are extremely light weight. Each watch weighs less than one ounce and the nylon band form fits to your wrist for a customized fit.
5. DURABLE: Neither fabric nor nylon wears the other down. They work together in perfect harmony to create a lightweight, yet durable time piece.
6. ON TIME: With the help of an experienced watchmaker, we selected a high quality and accurate Japanese quartz movement to ensure that you and your watch are always on time.
WE NEED YOUR HELP: We've lined up a manufacture and have had samples made. In order to enter production we need to order the watches in huge quantities. This means we need lots of money to make the first order... which we currently don't have. By pre-ordering a watch today, you can help us raise the money we need to purchase the raw materials and start production.
Azula Watches Are:
1. Made with Fabric 100% Handcrafted by local artisans across South East Asia. Each piece of fabric is skillfully handcrafted by natives across Thailand, Indonesia, and Laos. When you buy a Azula watch, you are buying a handmade product!
2. Made with authentic textiles. Azula watches are made using only high-quality authentic South East Asia textiles sourced directly from local artisans. Every watch purchased helps provide jobs to locals across Asia.
3. Fair Trade. When you buy a watch from Azula you are not just buying a product - you are buying a small piece of a better world. Azula respects and follows the principles of the fair trade movement and is committed to ensuring the health, happiness and well-being of our world.
4. Cut, Sewn & Stitched by Hand. Each piece of fabric on our watches are cut, sewn and stitched by hand at local workshops. The fabric on Azula watches are made using traditional techniques that have been passed on from one generation to the next. Reinforced stitching ensures that our product lasts for decades.
5. Vegan. Our watches are 100% Vegan, made with zero animal by-products.
6. Supports local economy and community in South East Asia. Each watch purchased provides jobs for local artisans, allowing them to share their treasured craft with the world. Without your support, no one would know about these native communities.
7. Raise The Bar of Creativity: When working with indigenous communities and traveling across Asia, we were always amazed by the unique textiles and colors represented by each culture. We realized that those sheltered from modern day gadgets are often able to raise the bar of creativity.
8. Compliment Guaranteed: Whenever we rock a Azula watch, people always ask us where we got our watch. If you like getting compliments about your style, then this watch is for you!
9. Authentic and Original We treat every watch that passes through our workshop as a piece of art. Each watch is given the personal touch and attention of a skilled artisan and the seal of approval by our quality team.
Here is How Our Fabric is Made:
Our story starts with our travels through South East Asia. We were continually amazed by the culture, vibe, and colors of this diverse region.
Our admiration for the detail local artisans put into their craft is why we started Azula. We're a small team of dreamers, set on sharing what the world has to offer. We wander across the globe in search of the world's most beautiful local patterns and designs. Working with local artists and artisans is part of the pleasure, as we've become some of their best customers. This enables them to continue to do what they love; bring native, authentic, and unique designs to life.
We believe that a true lifestyle brand needs to be authentic, original and ethical. That is why we buy our fabrics from natives to help support the local economy.
From the beginning, Azula set out to be a company that would have a beneficial impact on the world. Our company was founded on the principles of authenticity, fair trade, and philanthropy.
The lifestyle we embody brings the world's treasures to life:
Share The Project!
We want to say a big thank you for checking out our project, and your help in making it a reality.
We have some special stretch goals ready that we know you'll love. So keep on sharing and we'll show you what we have in store.
Even if you can't support us with a pledge, why not help us by spreading the word on Twitter, Facebook and any other social network you're on.
Click any of the links below to share:
Risks and challenges
Our primary challenge is spreading the word. While there is always the risk of manufacturing delays, we are extremely confident in our production timeline and that you will have your watches by our September 2015 delivery date. We have produced watches with our manufacturer before and have spent the last year preparing for this moment. Our manufacturers have decades of experience producing handmade luxury watches and are ready to go.
Thank you for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (37 days)